Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,921 members, 7,872,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? (918 Views)

How Do You Intend To Spend Your Cross Over Night? / Types Of People At Cross Over Night / "Koboko Night" Church Poster (photo)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by adanny01(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
Where would you rather be? Church, Home or Bar?

I have mixed feelings of the right place to be especially among the first two.

I have a wife and 2 little children. Our house help traveled to her village to be with her parents. So whatever i do, someone has to watch the children, either me or wifey.

If i go to church, i must go alone. At home, we are all together though the children are fast asleep already. The bar, i have friends that i could join or call to join me.

Most previous years i spent at a particular worship center which usually host a lot of christians from all denominations who come from all states of Nigeria. The place overflows on this night every year with VVIP to VIP and the commons like me.

I am definitly not going to the bar but i am lost on whether to sit with my wife at home and offer our thanksgiving and worship prayers to God or go out alone and do the same thing separately.

I usually worship God, ask for forgiveness for all wrongs during the year, thank him for being alive through the year, ask his grace for the new year and present him my desires and ambition for the newyear.

In the next 30 mins, i must decide to go to the center or pray at home.

It would be nice if Seun moves this to fp so we can have quick responces.
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by Shiifi(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
Umm Ftc again na mosque get me oooo *TA'JUD* all dey way
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by menesheh(m): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bar and hardcore stoning

wink
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by coded01: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Church is ideal... But you don't have to go if it would be inconvenient...try stay at home and pray & praise God into the New Year along with your wife...

Happy New Year!!! cheesy wink
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by chillingbabe: 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Home..pray with ur wife...you could also wake the kids to join in the prayer...it's good for family to crossover together...

Happy new year!
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by AfricanApple(f): 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
nothing's as good as staying with your wife at home, holding her hands, praying as you cross over smiley
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by sheddo619(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
Na church bar home
Re: Cross Over Night; Church, Home Or Bar? by adanny01(m): 11:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
Am in church already. I must confess, this is the leanest crowd i have seen here on a night like this.

Anyways, lets give thanks to the creator for what he has done keeping us safe.

Am about to take holy communion.

My last comment in 2015. Thank you Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Feb 14 Should Christians Celebrate Valentine?? / Six Point That Prove Muslim Are Not Terorrist. / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.