Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,735 members, 7,975,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? (323 Views)

Loving two sisters / What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / My Neighbor's Son Does The Boxing Thing With His Friend And Then Stares? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Here comes 2016!

Happy New Year! I know some of us will have an issue writing "2016" at the right-hand corner of our notebooks or anything we're writing on. *winks*. Anyways, we'll get used to it by mid-January, hopefully.

Did you make a New Year Resolution? If you did, one question: "Are you going to follow through?"

I stopped making New Year resolutions in 2012 when I became honest with myself about it. Every year, I would make a resolution and 15 seconds into the new year, I'd return to my old ways. I just gave up. There was no point in making resolutions and not following through. The thing is that I felt pathetic when I reverted to "old mode". It was as if making a New Year resolution jinxed everything.

I decided to try something different in 2013. I understood that New Year is a new day in the real sense. As a result, at the beginning of a new day, I made a resolution for the next 24 hours. Instead of saying, "this year, I'll drink lots of water everyday", I made it a daily affair. "Today, I'll drink water." I didn't decide the amount of water I was going to drink. That way, I didn't feel pressured. Good thing was that it worked. It still works for me.

The point is this: Don't make New Year Resolutions because it's trendy. You might fall off the wagon. Instead, understand yourself and make resolutions that you can actually stick to. We are different people. What works for A might not necessarily work for B.

Know what works for you and work with.

If making an hourly resolution will work better for you, go for it. If a monthly resolution suits you, go ahead. All that matters is that you follow through. If you want to give up a habit, let's assume lying, you can start by reducing the number of times you lie in an hour. Before you know it, you might stop lying all together before the year comes to an end. Trust me, you can't ...

READ MORE ON: https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2016/01/the-thing-with-new-year-resolutions.html#more
Re: The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? by Cutehector(m): 7:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Yes one actually should knw wat he really wants to achieve in the long run in a year...
Re: The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 01, 2016
Actually you really don't have to wait for the New year , to make a resolution. Know your weak points, strive to be better, there's always room for improvement
Re: The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? by salawustyles(m): 7:28am On Jan 01, 2016
new year resolutions chai me no dey follow am
Re: The Thing With New Year Resolutions: Do You Really Need A New Year Resolution? by Dotwillis1(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2016
If you really take it serious and u work towards achieving it, then gud for u

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Successful Job Interview / Relationship / Valentine Give Away From My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.