Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,202 members, 7,913,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:31 AM

On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. (3403 Views)

Wooooooooo I don gooo to meet new buyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2016
Okay first of all happy new year to everyone, am glad we all made it to 2016. grin
Back to the topic. Yesterday a Nairalander by name Saliman22 posted an ad that he wants to sell his iPhone 6plus for 45,000k shocked shocked shocked. As a wise Nigerian, when u see that type of ad the first thing that comes to ur mind is SCAM. So when I opened the thread yesterday very body who commented on the post were abusing the guy, calling him all sort of names, but the guy was busy replying all of them one buy one telling them he is not a scam but non believed him. He even posted his Facebook names house address and and all but trust Nigerians the abuse kept coming. I decided to go through the guys profile and noticed he registered as a member in March 13 2012. I said to myself hmmm this guy is not new here so maybe his genuine after all. So I decided to check his posts and I noticed that on the 28 of October 2015 he posted something about how to on data on iPhone and on November 3rd he posted again iPhone problem how to download music on iPhone. With this 2 posts on different dates I came to a conclusion that maybe this guy really does have this iPhone 6plus but maybe can't cope with the stress of using laptop to put song and videos if he can't download them. So to cut the long story short I picked up my phone and call the guy and asked him why he want to sell iPhone 6plus for that amount he said nothing that he needed money urgently that's why. And I said hmmm bro even if u needed money there is a price u will put it an people won't abuse u like they are doing, but he maintained his stance that he is real. I then ask him if the phone is having problems or if it's a clone he said no but that there is a crack on the screen. An I said oh that's why he said that the crack is not even much that I won't notice it unless I put it up close. When all this argument was going on I noticed that the 2 thread he opened about the iPhone has bn close by the mod lol. I it sounds too good to be true....so I asked the guy to send me the pictures of the iPhone serial number and all which he did on WhatsApp. I check the serial number and it's confirmed from Apple website that it's iPhone 6plus with 1 year warranty to end February 2016. I checked the icloud lock and found out its on. But from the pics he sent me I saw his icloud apple id with his email setup there. I went back to Nairaland a search his post again I saw sometime in 2012 he asked someone to contact him with the email address I cross checked it with the one on th iPhone the same thing. While I was doing my investigation each time I call him all he keep telling me is he is not a scam that if come to akwa ibom to pick the phone I should go to any police station and call him h will come there and transact with me that he is not a scam. Finally yesterday evening around 6pm I called him again and told him if he is broke and need money that he should send his account number I will send him 5k on 2nd or 3rd when banks will reopon that I don't want him to to stress m in coming to akwa ibom and I will be disappointed and I will disgrace him on Facebook and Nairaland. He still affirmed he is not a scammer. So right now am in a bus going to akwa ibom to meet this guy. I know people will say just cos iPhone but the truth is am never a fan of iPhone but what pushed me to this journey is because this guy was begging people to check him out but no one wants to give him the benefit of a doubt. I will keep this post updated and will upload pics leta. Am currently in a bus network is not stable. If there is any typo blame it on rochas cos this imo state roads are just bad tongue
Before I forget he was the one who asked me to open this thread he want to clear himself
Updated, the first 3pics was the first he sent the the 2 ad he posted were deleted by mods before I could get a screen shot but I went through his posts again I found out he posted on the phone swap trade and I noticed no one even liked or quoted him lol.
seun, lalasticlala and mynd44 pls help me and move this to The right section thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by sule17(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Is now in frontpage as u ask. How can this make me win my bet9ja?

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by fbtowner(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2016
Oboy u try oo. Well I have done worst before. And ppl have come from other states to buy from me too

But iphone 6+ for 45k is far too cheap. Something is fishing. You might not find out till u will buy it

All the police station stuff is nothing bro.

Keep you eyes open. And your brains open as well

Good luck
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 11:21am On Jan 01, 2016
fbtowner:
Oboy u try oo. Well I have done worst before. And ppl have come from other states to buy from me too

But iphone 6+ for 45k is far too cheap. Something is fishing. You might not find out till u will buy it

All the police station stuff is nothing bro.

Keep you eyes open. And your brains open as well

Good luck
thanks bro I understand ur point but my eyes are wide open. When I asked for the full pics of the iPhone he sent this 3 and leta sen , the fourth pics wh he wanted to prove to me that it was actually the phone that h was chatting me with

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by dreamworld: 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2016
sule17:
Is now in frontpage as u ask. How can this make me win my bet9ja?
Don't put Chelsea in your bet ticket. They are full of surprises tongue
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by thegame(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hmmmmmm

Interesting!!!

I think the guy is genuine. Just check him out and update us.

This is what I keep saying....sometimes it's not just about the business or gadget or sale. It's about the manner of communication and network afterwards. Many sellers dont have correct manners on this Nairaland. One abuse or negotiation, they feel their father has been insulted.

Have a safe trip @OP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by bobo65(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Following

But u get mind

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
Arrived Akwa Ibom from Anambra around 1pm called gorge and told him am at the location. He told me he is coming that I should wait for him. I then call a friend of mine who is from Akwa Ibom too. He came and we went to a nearby eatery to wait for Saliman22 with cold malt.the real journey was about to start lol

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
thegame:
Hmmmmmm

Interesting!!!

I think the guy is genuine. Just check him out and update us.

This is what I keep saying....sometimes it's not just about the business or gadget or sale. It's about the manner of communication and network afterwards. Many sellers dont have correct manners on this Nairaland. One abuse or negotiation, they feel their father has been insulted.

Have a safe trip @OP
exactly bro.
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2016
bobo65:
Following

But u get mind
bro life is full of risk in other to get what u want u have to take risks
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
I forget to add that our bus an AKTC bus had a little accident at oba junction in anambra state 10 mins after we started the journey, and I won't lie I almost changed my mind about that journey but something in me refused to give up. Though the accident was caused by the umuchi urban mass transit bus. The driver didnt trafficate and didn't look befor diverting to nnewi road and on the process hit us from the side. Am sorry I couldn't take pics because at that point I was thinking if I should just go back lol. The people inside the umuchu bus were thinking people in the Akwa Ibom bus don't understand Igbo so they wanted to intimidate the driver by asking him to pay for the damages while the truth they should be the one paying for the damages on our car. Though our driver refused to be intimidated and said he is not going anywhere because if he get to Akwa Ibom he will be the one to pay for the damages from his pocket. Finally someone suggest we contribute money and give the driver since he said its 5k that will fix the damages.few of us contributed and raised 3800 and asked the driver to complete it. The next thing the people in the umuchu bus started saying we should pay for the damages on their car too that was when I had to start speaking Igbo for them telling them to just respect their selves that some of us kept quiet doesn't mean we are fools that was when they had to allow us to go. Sorry I couldn't take pics but at that point in time I was just thinking if I should go back or maybe it's a message from God embarassed embarassed. apart from that incident the journey was smooth only that I was the only Igbo person in the car and I don't understand their language so I had to use earpiece to block my ears lol.
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by fashrola(m): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
cupid4ig:
I forget to add that our bus an AKTC bus had a little accident at oba junction in anambra state 10 mins after we started the journey, and I won't lie I almost changed my mind about that journey but something in me refused to give up. Though the accident was caused by the umuchi urban mass transit bus. The driver didnt trafficate and didn't look befor diverting to nnewi road and on the process hit us from the side. Am sorry I couldn't take pics because at that point I was thinking if I should just go back lol. The people inside the umuchu bus were thinking people in the Akwa Ibom bus don't understand Igbo so they wanted to intimidate the driver by asking him to pay for the damages while the truth they should be the one paying for the damages on our car. Though our driver refused to be intimidated and said he is not going anywhere because if he get to Akwa Ibom he will be the one to pay for the damages from his pocket. Finally someone suggest we contribute money and give the driver since he said its 5k that will fix the damages.few of us contributed and raised 3800 and asked the driver to complete it. The next thing the people in the umuchu bus started saying we should pay for the damages on their car too that was when I had to start speaking Igbo for them telling them to just respect their selves that some of us kept quiet doesn't mean we are fools that was when they had to allow us to go. Sorry I couldn't take pics but at that point in time I was just thinking if I should go back or maybe it's a message from God embarassed embarassed. apart from that incident the journey was smooth only that I was the only Igbo person in the car and I don't understand their language so I had to use earpiece to block my ears lol.

Wow... nice just bumped into dis topic.... I'm in Uyo too.... u just have to be careful sha...
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2016
Throughout the journey saliman22 kept on communicating with me,he will call and chat me on whatsapp. When I told him I have created a thread about my journey he asked me to send him the link which I did, he viewed it and saw a comment where someone said that I should forget about the police station ish that I should just be careful. He called back and said (his exact words) "bros see I don't know how else to make u believe, why don't u go to my Facebook page and post this that he can't use because of how much to tarnish his image" and I told him bro am in a bus already there is no point again that in few hours we will clear the air and he said ok.
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2016
fashrola:

Wow... nice just bumped into dis topic.... I'm in Uyo too.... u just have to be careful sha...
thanks bro. I swear Akwa Ibom make sense the road network is just the best after Abuja to be frank
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by fashrola(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
cupid4ig:
thanks bro. I swear Akwa Ibom make sense the road network is just the best after Abuja to be frank

Good to hear that..... cheesy hope u r enjoying ur stay in Akwa Ibom?
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
fashrola:

Good to hear that..... cheesy hope u r enjoying ur stay in Akwa Ibom?
yes bro the little I stayed I enjoyed it but I have a wedding that I can't miss tomorrow so am on my way to anambra. cry
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 5:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
When I got to ikot Ekpene called salimans 2 numbers were not connecting for like 5mins but every other numbers tried was connecting, a bit worried I decided to send a text message. And he called back immediately and asked me to relax that he is coming. By then my friend was already waiting for me at abak. So I have to board a bike from Ikot Ekpene to Abak for 250 and I was surprised when I saw how far the distance was but then the ride was smooth cos the road was just impressive. So at Abak I met my friend who then took me to the joint where we sat and waited for saliman22. My friend dad asked him to go with another guy just for security reasons lol so we were 3 against 1, at least so I thought.....
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by fashrola(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
cupid4ig:
yes bro the little I stayed I enjoyed it but I have a wedding that I can't miss tomorrow so am on my way to anambra. cry

So Wat abt the iphone? any success?

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by shiftback: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2016
Dude we're waiting, update us.

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by abimbawealth(f): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
Heheheheheh, what next?

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by achodave(m): 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hmm since 1pm you arrived akwa ibom you've not told us you've sealed the deal...bro are you safe?

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Okay I know everyone is eager to know what happened next grin. Well finally after about like 30minutes saliman22 show up in a company of another guy shocked. The second guy face was mean lol but both look alike and he introduced him as his cousin. We all got sitted. He apologized for the delay he actually had to leave church to come meet me. Yes he told me he will close his shop by 10 to go for service. So finally after everything he collected the phone from his cousin, unlocked it withhis fingerprint and handed it over to me.

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by airsaylongcon: 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Pics or you dey give us "stories that touch"
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
When he handed the phone he said bro do u believe now that am not a scammer? I said yes but the price of this phone is way to low or is the phone having any issue that I need to be aware of? He then narrated a business deal he made with someone he trusted only for the to made aware with the money. So he need to balance the other person cos he don't want him to involve his parents. His dad is a pastor and a former.......... tongue I actually confirmed that from his pics and I can also confirm that he deals in men's wear as he had told me earlier on phone. Having confirmed all this by then I have played with the phone for almost 30mins check both the serial number and the camera everything checkable and was sertisfied I asked him disable his iCloud which he did and also removed his password. I signed in with my own Id and activated the iCloud lock again with my own Id and then paid him. We then shake hands and took this final pic with the iPhone

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by Akan(m): 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2016
You should know that of all the states in the federation, the most honest people are from Akwa Ibom. This statement is not clouded in sentiments, nairaland is awash with kind and honest deeds of Akwa Ibomites.

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by fashrola(m): 8:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
cupid4ig:
When he handed the phone he said bro do u believe now that am not a scammer? I said yes but the price of this phone is way to low or is the phone having any issue that I need to be aware of? He then narrated a business deal he made with someone he trusted only for the to made aware with the money. So he need to balance the other person cos he don't want him to involve his parents. His dad is a pastor and a former.......... tongue I actually confirmed that from his pics and I can also confirm that he deals in men's wear as he had told me earlier on phone. Having confirmed all this by then I have played with the phone for almost 30mins check both the serial number and the camera everything checkable and was sertisfied I asked him disable his iCloud which he did and also removed his password. I signed in with my own Id and activated the iCloud lock again with my own Id and then pay him......

But wait ooo u bought an iPhone 6 for just 45k? Men u r so lucky if to say I quick see his advert I for kukuma go buy am....

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Updated Okay guys , just dropped from bus now so I need to find a means of going back to my villa. Isuofia. So will update when I ge home thank God for journey mercies. Got home around 9:58pm. I need to edit pics but first I need to eat cos am hungry. I don't eat while travelling cos it always unsettle my tommy so apart from th malt I took when I was waiting for Saliman22, I haven't eaten anything.

Meanwhile when I was in the bus I took this pics of the phone

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by airsaylongcon: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2016
cupid4ig:
Okay guys , just dropped from bus now so I need to find a means of going back to my villa. Isuofia. So will update when I ge home thank God for journey mercies. Will reply to every post leta.

You just proved the saying "No guts no glory". Only an ndigbo will travel from Anambra to Akwa Ibom on a wing and a prayer to close this type of deal. Ndigbo kwezuenu! And to the honest dealer in AK, whatever reason made you sell an original iPhone 6 at such give away price you will recover and overcome this new year. 45k for an original iPhone 6! Why I nor see d advert early na. U guts is tremendous!

7 Likes

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by cupid4ig(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2016
airsaylongcon:

You just proved the saying "No guts no glory". Only an ndigbo will travel from Anambra to Akwa Ibom on a wing and a prayer to close this type of deal. Ndigbo kwezuenu! And to the honest dealer in AK, whatever reason made you sell an original iPhone 6 at such give away price you will recover and overcome this new year. 45k for an original iPhone 6! Why I nor see d advert early na. U guts is tremendous!
bro it's not iPhone 6 but iPhone 6plus 64gig version.

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by bobo65(m): 3:39am On Jan 02, 2016
cupid4ig:

Guy snap pix of u n d phone na
Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by maxjax(m): 5:17am On Jan 02, 2016
cupid4ig:

Congrats.... God's miracle don start so early for yo life this year

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Akwa Ibom To Meet A Nairalander. by moneybag100: 5:32am On Jan 02, 2016
Tell me another

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

***** / Various Brands Of Electronics And Home Appliances At Affordable Prices.Brand New / I sell white galaxy note3,, s4, s3. See pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.