Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,725 members, 7,879,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge (18158 Views)

Rivers At 50: Governor Wike On His Knees As Pastors Pray For Him (Photos) / Police Replies Wike On "Plot To Plant Dollars And Guns In His Residence" / Fashola Inspects Rehbilitation Of Lagos Ring Road Bridge & 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by nattyhero(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
[quote author=MadCow1 post=41578209]

Cool down small sir.

Lagos is not Uyo. Fashola outclassed Akpabio pound for pound in terms of projects and the terrain in which they were executed.

Ask for Calabar, the moment they lost their oil wells to both Cameroon and Akwa Ibom, they were fhucked for life. I visited middle of last year and could not believe it was the same Calabar I served in.

Ask for Port Harcourt, Wike has not done any road worthy of mentioning. Almost all the roads are Amaechi roads and they were

never abandoned at any stage of Amaechis tenure.[/quote

Tell me something, hahahahha, why don't you ask yourself how much Amaechi collected as allocations for 8 years compared to Akwa Ibom, sit there and be blaming Wike instead of thanking him that he chose to complete the projects your principal left behind. In ur quiet moment take time to compute how much rivers got during his 8 years in power taking into cognisance the oil boom those years and ask yourself if rivers state oughts to be the way it is, I rest my case with a flying monorail (alias conduit pipe)
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by MadCow1: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
nattyhero:

You want to talk about allocation?

You are aware that Akwa Ibom has the second highest allocation after Delta State right?

I am well aware of the allocation accrued by Rivers State government. But what you don't factor in is that allocation is not just dropped into state accounts for nothing. Salaries are paid from it and more. What is the strength of Uyo Civil Service compared to Rivers State?

How much did Akpabio have to spend in compassion for any road he built compared to Rivers State government?

With the exception of roads and that stadium, what else did Akpabio build in Akwa Ibom? Amaechi built roads, top class schools, top class health centers and built a Sports Village what is more than twice the size of Uyo Stadium for less money.

Please shelve the issue of Monorail, that for me was a brilliant project that showed that the Government had an outlook for the future. It is a moot point to argue that Rivers State needs an urban rail transport system. Rivers state in another 10 - 15 years would be in dire need of an alternative source of transport, Uyo in 10 - 15 years would still not be at the level Port Harcourt is at right now. I hope you know the current economic state of Akwa Ibom today. Businesses are not doing so well since Akpabio left with the false sense of economic stability he created.

Wike did not complete that Abuloma -Woji bridge. That is my route everyday, I live right next to that bridge. All he did was open it up for use. It was incepted, built and completed by Amaechi before he left office. Wike has only built one road in Port Harcourt and thats the road inside GRA and guess what, though it was built by Wike from scratch to finish by Julius Berger, it's the first time in the last 8 years that a Rivers State Government road has open drainage, no pedestrian walk way and no street lights.

I give props to Akpabio for what he archived in Uyo and hope subsequent governments can follow suit, but please leave it at that and stop trying to compare his works with that of Amaechi and Fashola who had to develop fully populated cities.

1 Like

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by COMPAQ(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Do you know the story of Woji to Artillery?

Do you know that Woji people (sponsored by Wike and some Chiefs of Woji) frustrated all moves by Amaechi to dualise Woji road?

Do you know they even took Amaechi to Court?

Do you know that Amaechi had finished marking some areas for demolition and even started the demolition before his tenure expired?

I am sorry for Woji people. They will be the biggest losers because Wike can't fix that road anymore. Rivers State no longer has that kind of money. And he can't afford to pay them the fraudulent compensation they were demanding from Amaechi especially when the structures are illegal. Wike is the demon behind why Woji road and Elelenwo road was not dualised by Amaechi.

Know the truth now.

Spot on! For those who don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by papylor007: 1:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
The no. 1 electronic invitation platform in the world..wishes all our esteem client a prosperous new year...save your self the stress of paying to print an invitation card and distributing them...you can do that easily at www.mypartyiv.com , apply for an electronic invitation card or upload your invitation card electronically by giving your friend/guest a kickcode which can be your name or nickname for them to get your invitation card downloaded to there mobile device at there own comfortability...its absolutely free with no fee attach.....share the good news..you might be helping a friend by making them spend less and save more for there event/party.....

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by Demdem(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
MadCow1:

You are aware that Akwa Ibom has the second highest allocation after Delta State right?

I am well aware of the allocation accrued by Rivers State government. But what you don't factor in is that allocation is not just dropped into state accounts for nothing. Salaries are paid from it and more. What is the strength of Uyo Civil Service compared to Rivers State?

How much did Akpabio have to spend in compassion for any road he built compared to Rivers State government?

With the exception of roads and that stadium, what else did Akpabio build in Akwa Ibom? Amaechi built roads, top class schools, top class health centers and built a Sports Village what is more than twice the size of Uyo Stadium for less money.

Please shelve the issue of Monorail, that for me was a brilliant project that showed that the Government had an outlook for the future. It is a moot point to argue that Rivers State needs an urban rail transport system. Rivers state in another 10 - 15 years would be in dire need of an alternative source of transport, Uyo in 10 - 15 years would still not be at the level Port Harcourt is at right now. I hope you know the current economic state of Akwa Ibom today. Businesses are not doing so well since Akpabio left with the false sense of economic stability he created.

Wike did not complete that Abuloma -Woji bridge. That is my route everyday, I live right next to that bridge. All he did was open it up for use. It was incepted, built and completed by Amaechi before he left office. Wike has only built one road in Port Harcourt and thats the road inside GRA and guess what, though it was built by Wike from scratch to finish by Julius Berger, it's the first time in the last 8 years that a Rivers State Government road has open drainage, no pedestrian walk way and no street lights.

I give props to Akpabio for what he archived in Uyo and hope subsequent governments can follow suit, but please leave it at that and stop trying to compare his works with that of Amaechi and Fashola who had to develop fully populated cities.

Wellsaid. Only fools continue to compare that criminal Akpabio wirh Amaechi. After roads and a stadium and an hospital, the man did nothing more. Amaechi's hand was virtually in all sectors of Rivers economy.
By the way, as regards the monorail, by the time Amaechi was leaving, 90% of the First phase of the project has been completed. If wike chooses to abandon it, then that's his headache. Amaechi has done his part. The best Rivers state governor in her history will forever be remembered for his good works for the people.
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Even if he borrows 10 trillions dollars to do all the state and federal projects within and outside the state, he can't win the election because Dakuku is far better, tested and trusted, intelligent and reserved candidate for the job. He once condemned projects done by Amaechi still he uses all of them and claim to be the initiator and finisher like the new stadium, Akpajo to Woji dat links Garrison to mention but few are done and initiated by Amaechi. Noise making can not make people to pity you in giving sympathy votes but your past deeds as local government chairman(anti-non indigenes), chief of staff to Amaechi(with abandoned projects like d road to d new stadium according to Amaechi statement) and a state education minister unlike Dakuku when he was works commissioner and as honourable member in the house of representative

1 Like

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by Wizlove(m): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
gare:

Silly elders, instead of asking Wike to ensure Woji to Artillery is worked on the are there giving credit to the previous govt that started a project and didn't complete it, these elders are APC members, so I do not expect anything different, Woji to Artillery is so bad and there could not get Ameachi in 8 years to work on the road silly elders.
You're a true ph guy.
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by ollyruffy: 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
This is true. That bridge was 95% completed before Amechi left office. The remaining 5% has been completed since 5 months ago. Wike should give credit and honour to whom is due.

That was one of numerous Ameachi projects.
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by ollyruffy: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
MadCow1:

Truth is bitter they say. Ameachi was a blessing to the people of Rivers in his tenure. Only the enemies of the people over there will deny this fact. Coming from ground zero that thief called Odili left the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by cool318(m): 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
nattyhero:

Do you want him to start new projects when he has many u completed projects left behind by the last administration ? Or you feel allocations these days were like when your principal was I. Charge? Compare the job akpabio did in Akwa Ibom and what ur principal did in rivers, what's the differential in allocations over the 8 year period both states collected, broom waving wizards Comot for road yeye dey smell

Party Bigot, it is evidence in your myopic thought. Who is bringing Political Party into Wike's Mess?
I have personally crossed through that so called commissioned by pass even months before now, It was about 95% completed by Amaechi.

Go and read your History about what happened during GEJ, PEJ vs. Amaechi and Allocation, then you come back here and Rant.

As your Master why his Julius Berger has abandoned the patching they were doing on Eleme Junction Bridge, What of the Oil Mill, Elelenwo Akpajo road he has flagged off since two months ago, not even a single Bulldozer is on Ground.

The truth remains that, Wike has not initiated a Road Project from ground Zero. Noise maker Politicians with gullible Followers (PDP & APC)
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by Akainzo(m): 2:36am On Jan 03, 2016
nattyhero:

Not so fast speak on what you know and if u don't know take pains to find out, that project was started by the Omehia administration, the bridge was abandoned by Amaechi after a while his anger was that the contractor was an Omehia guy, why don't u ask urself why it took 8 good years for that small bridge to be completed? And why didn't he complete the akpajo axis? What was rivers state allocations for those good oil boom days? I live in Woji and I know Wike is doing great, as we speak a road Amaechi abandoned for 8 years Wike is working on it. If Amaechi needed the glory for the Woji bridge he should have completed it in 8 years, abeg carry ur broom Comot for road

Clearly you are yarning DUST!

That road is not a single bridge, that road has 3 different bridges on it. Note that the road starts at Okujagu roundabout on Peter Odili, a bridge links it to Woji and then proceeds to the right to 2 sectional bridges that links it to Akpajo from where it then links the Eleme Road section of East West Road.

Omehia awarded nothing of the sort! Please no dey try spread falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by otokx(m): 5:21am On Jan 03, 2016
It is good to be objective, Amaechi raised the bar so high as a governor. WIKE needs to start working and fast too because the dry season will soon end.
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by Amberon: 4:25am On Jan 07, 2016
actually Amaechi was going to dualize Woji to artillery road and needed to demolish some illegal structures but Eze Gbaka Gbaka refused , even tho Amaechi was going to compensate them.
gare:

Silly elders, instead of asking Wike to ensure Woji to Artillery is worked on the are there giving credit to the previous govt that started a project and didn't complete it, these elders are APC members, so I do not expect anything different, Woji to Artillery is so bad and there could not get Ameachi in 8 years to work on the road silly elders.
Re: Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge by Amberon: 4:27am On Jan 07, 2016
The elders indeed said so... Every PH resident knows that the bridge was near completion before Wike took over.
cckris:
NO ONE CAN BE SURE THAT THE ELDERS SAID SO. APC IS SYNONYMOUS WITH LIES.

The best thing is not to believe anything from the party of Alhaji Liar Mohammed, Minister of Lies and Disinformation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Subsidy Back, FG In Dilemma How To Keep Paying Difference / Where Is The Lagos Sate-owned Sunburn Yacht Hotel? / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Voiding Section 84(12) Of Electoral Act, 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.