Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,490 members, 7,964,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 04:28 AM

5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session (9908 Views)

EDMATHS - A NEW ACADEMIC WEBSITE ON MATHEMATICS / NUC Okays 18 New Academic Programmes For FUOYE / Kogi State University Releases New Academic Calendar For 2015/2016 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
samflexxy:
[i]As the year begins, so do most of our schools, be it primary,secondary and universities.
this thread is mainly for does who have newly been admitted into higher institutions, this tips am about to share will definitely help the freshers to settle in well and stay out of trouble
GOOD LUCK

1) respect
as a newbie you need to ask questions and get directions from people if you portray your self as proud and don't greet when necessary, people will take you for granted and you will make unnecessary enemies.

2)cloths and outfit
wearing multi coloured cloths can get you in to trouble I was a victim of this some cult guys properly dealt with me by rearranging my skin color with slap and punches, so always try to look decent at all times to avoid unnecessary slap and punches

Some Freshers don't really understand these stuffs. I'm also a fresher. One thing as a fresher is that you must try and avoid girls in your first year. girls are dangerous.
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by ladycomfort(f): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
MisterDreamz:

Rosary is small,why not advise them to carry the cross of Calvary!
. A whole cross of calvary! This is sooooo funny. cheesy.
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by TIDDOLL(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Follow your arrow wherever it points.....(lyk dey say,experience is the best teacher.
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by ogamandi(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
I just pass sha.
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Smarvin(m): 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
Typographical or gramatical error(s)? I ignored all dat coz of good advise but not a fantastic write. I still respect that!
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by mrDennis(m): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
samflexxy:
As the year begins, so do most of our schools, be it primary,secondary and universities.
this thread is mainly for does who have newly been admitted into higher institutions, this tips am about to share will definitely help the freshers to settle in well and stay out of trouble
GOOD LUCK

1) respect
as a newbie you need to ask questions and get directions from people if you portray your self as proud and don't greet when necessary, people will take you for granted and you will make unnecessary enemies.

2)cloths and outfit
wearing multi coloured cloths can get you in to trouble I was a victim of this some cult guys properly dealt with me by rearranging my skin color with slap and punches, so always try to look decent at all times to avoid unnecessary slap and punches

3)party and clubbing
as a fresher you are expected to attend your matriculation party and other than that I'll advice you to stay away from parties, a course mate of mine was beating mercilessly for dancing a a cultists girlfriend

4)spending habits
as a fresher if you are always seen hanging out in bars and hotels you will definitely catch the attention of some bad guys, so know how you spend your cash and stay on a low key always

5)womanizing
this one is particularly for the guys before you go after any girl do some investigation and some background check and stick to one girl or guy to avoid stories that touch the hearth

written by samflexxy
I endorse ur point #1. respect is very important . but it shouldn't be confused with fear . respect people but never fear them.

but as for the rest I did everything as a fresher and didn't get any probs in uniben.
it's all about the type of people u roll with, how you 'talk behave and how carefully u select d timing of parties , location of the party(ask questions b4 goin 2 particular bars as they r not open to everyone) and the sort of girls u go after.
Example: don't. go after the top 8 prettiest chicks in a dept , u automatically asking for problem

P.S. this is for those who going to Skul for weak 2.1 and strong 2.2 . who wanna have stories to tell & experiences to share not the traingular students n braniacs. lol
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Luukasz(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
samflexxy:
As the year begins, so do most of our schools, be it primary,secondary and universities.
GOOD LUCK

5)womanizing
this one is particularly for the guys before you go after any girl do some investigation and some background check and stick to one girl or guy to avoid stories that touch the hearth

written by samflexxy
Even if your want to womanize.Womanize your fellow JJC

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Mikky619(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nice one bro...its a very useful information
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by luxflowz(m): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thatz the problem... I'm about to go tackle in ESUT
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by 0ldirtybastard(m): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Please party hard, your father sent you to school to become charlie boy.

Chase every pretty girl you see; since calibos from boys kasa is your mentor.

Wear conspicuous colours like red on red on red, when boys catch you, you'll tell them if your father is a native doctor.

Don't respect anybody you hear; be forming hanks anuku for area boys that have vowed to sail ship on dry land. Na when you pay dues 2 to 3 semesters your eyes go clear.

please spend like mayweather; since you want to become dasuki in a very mournful way.
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by tojujack: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
1. Always attend fellowships

2. Avoid bad friends

3. Dont womanize : most of these girls are Devils and major source of distration

4. Dont miss Lectures..

.......As for Those uniben freshers staying at Ekososin dont walk around at night to avoid unnecesary slaps # you know what i mean
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by koolapo(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2016
makingsense:
So what u are trying to say is that I should be fake

As in
I tire o
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by makingsense(m): 5:22am On Jan 04, 2016
koolapo:
As in I tire o

Naso me self tire oo..
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Nappsy(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2016
Lordskyes:
Very informative baba...
No #2 is what most people don't understand..!!!
All points are equally important...
Use your head ; you were sent there for just one purpose of which I need not remind you..!!!
Front page material...!!!

Boss abeg which kind clothe person go cum dey wear way no get colour?
Tu avoid punches
Frm ........
Re: 5 Tips To Help Freshers Stay Out Of Trouble In The New Academic Session by Namdidi: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
(1)Stay in school owned hostels
(2) get advice from your school fellowship executives on where to live and how to live
(3) don't keeep late nites
(4) don't over do things or appear most serious especialy reading
(5) know anybody too well before you allow that person close
(6) Don't accept unnecessary help from someone u don't know

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Lecturer Proposed To Her Student In Public (photos) / Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Share The Nostalgic Moments Of Ur Time In Oau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.