Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,164 members, 7,950,014 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? (2185 Views)

Plus Size Bride & Her Slim Husband At Their Traditional Marriage (Photo) / Traditional Marriage Of 20-Year-Old Man And 40-Year-Old Bride (Photo) / "Marriage Is Not An Achievement To Some Of Us" - Club UNO CEO Rants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by biz2get(m): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
QueenValerie:
I would to

Eh that would be nice.... Do send me a post card when you do grin smiley
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
biz2get:

Eh that would be nice.... Do send me a post card when you do grin smiley
post card?
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by Niceman4u(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
traditional wedding is important but wats more important is payment of dowry. Once u ve paid the dowry u r married weda u dd a lavish wedding or not, just pay d dowry nd u r married
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by olarwhumy6(f): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
biz2get:

Do you consider modern life at all?? undecided
Doesn't sound like something you would practice grin
Enlighten us on this pls!
So basically a dowry is giving during traditional marriage??
Maybe am wrong but I think you are wrong also...
In my own opinion dowry isn't really done in a trad wedding..
biko tell mi where dowry is done then? In a church wedding?? dowry and d blessings of both parents(which is necessary) nd God, so u going for church wedding shud b optional, is nt as important as traditional wedding. Wiv only traditional wedding u can take ur bride home cos you've paid her bride price nd both parents blessings, av u see an African couple dat did only Church wedding wivout traditional wedding. I fink dat alone explains d important of it. Nd stop comparing a foreign wedding wiv African wedding our culture dey rich nd differ biko
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by biz2get(m): 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
Niceman4u:
traditional wedding is important but wats more important is payment of dowry. Once u ve paid the dowry u r married weda u dd a lavish wedding or not, just pay d dowry nd u r married

olarwhumy6:
biko tell mi where dowry is done then? In a church wedding?? dowry and d blessings of both parents(which is necessary) nd God, so u going for church wedding shud b optional, is nt as important as traditional wedding. Wiv only traditional wedding u can take ur bride home cos you've paid her bride price nd both parents blessings, av u see an African couple dat did only Church wedding wivout traditional wedding. I fink dat alone explains d important of it. Nd stop comparing a foreign wedding wiv African wedding our culture dey rich nd differ biko

First of all,

You should really check what dowry means eh!

Have a look at this

bamto:
At this age, some 'educated' persons still allow what they want to becloud their reasoning? Smh...
You should be mindful of what you need, not just what you want.
My 2 cents:
1. Traditional wedding is mere formalities if you will still go for 'court wedding'
2. Traditional wedding alone is not safe. Matters of custody, maintenance, inheritance, etc are uncertain (especially for the woman)
3. 'Court' wedding and 'Church' wedding are legally the same, as long as your church is licensed to conduct wedding. They are both Marriage under the Act.
4. If your church isn't licensed and you do 'church wedding' without going to the Registry, you're legally 'not married' Churches, like Catholic church and some new generation churches are not licensed to conduct wedding. The certificates they issue, in the eye of the law, are mere pieces of paper. Be warned!!

It's the 21st century and most of you guys are still thinking like your forebear... angry
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by olarwhumy6(f): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
biz2get:

First of all,
You should really check what dowry means eh!
Have a look at this
It's the 21st century and most of you guys are still thinking like your forebear... angry
both d Bible nd d Quran state d importance of dowry. Nd traditional wedding dnt only entails dowry but parents blessings too. Nd if u wnt to legalise it, then court wedding is also Dere for u. U saying traditional wedding is nt important, read ur Bible or Quran well so no one will b able to deceive u. Church wedding is nt rily important just formalities. Dats ma opinion
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by Bigmind(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
In the eyes of our culture, one cannot be said to be married until traditional marriage is done. Traditional marriage is our own. For me, traditional marriage is a must while white/church is optional.
Re: Do You Think Traditional Marriage Is A Necessity?? by sevantex(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
I think its more important than the white wedding. Its our culture and hence it makes sense to do it esp as dowry and other lttile rites wuld be done in it. White weddings are western traditional customs which we do and aint bad also but our traditional weddings are very necessary and compulsory to avoid ish's on d home front also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Film That Bad? / How Do I 4get..? Don't Open Without Saying Anything Pls. / How Shld I Act On My First Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.