Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,454 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:01 PM

7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ (17528 Views)

Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / This Clearly Shows We Follow Pastor Instead Of God / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (2) (3) (4)

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Godsate: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
olalekan225:
I love this, and love to share it with my friends. May God bless d writer.

Amen
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by net7777(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
Pls get understanding. The love being said here is not the kind u can express just like that. It is an agape love......divinely inspired.
aaronson:
Number one though, "Love"....WTF, is your God gay? Females coudjld love him but a male though.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Treash(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
GraceBestowed:
Lol! That was a placeholder.

Ok. It is gud.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Matttthew:
May God have mercy on you.

And open your understanding likewise.

A Dog to have mercy on me, now that's funny.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
jomboliski:
......receive sense ooh
and let your God facilitate the process but if not, you God is worthless and a Dog is twice worth more than him.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by blimeyVic(m): 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2016

The best thing that can happen to any man,is to be in Christ. By this I don't mean attending church services,joining the choir,cleaning the church premises,being the youth leader,and suchlike. Christ is Love and in him you find true peace. The OP has contributed very immensely,and in addition, when truly in Christ,we expressly show LOVE to everyone we meet,sinner or believer, We LOVE them into our fold. Not bomb them,or engage them in a holy war.
After reading a Sunnewspaper columnist's write-up on plurality of religion for We Africans to better understand our being and further find lasting solution to our many problems,I spent a couple of days in deep thoughts. Just as he declared,he writes for ' Mature Minds'. Then,while in church, I started critically analysing every word of the preacher,picturing Christ to have been a philosopher that once walked the face of Earth,and ultimately gradually losing my faith. But one exceptional fact reinforced my belief. For sure, there is an all-knowing God whom has caused every thing to come into existence,but to get to him,we need a channel. According to the columnist,our fore-fathers did wrong by not documenting any of their religious practices or norms thereby giving room for the Christian missionaries to overshadow them with their own religion(channel to God),however,it remains that no babalawo, cultist, dibia mkpakwukwo,dibia anya-nzu etc will ever make open his ways for all to know,neither will they give without demanding for a sacrifice. They always need body parts,animals, or human blood for various sacrifices to be offered to their 'loveless' gods (channel to God).
But then,after all considerations,here is Christ whom has come,overcome,and lives on,asking us to come unto him and share Grace made abundant by His supreme sacrifice on the cross of Calvary . A Spirit Being giving his life for Us to be saved,that by the mention of His name,JESUS,every knee must bow - and they are still bowing till forever. Incredible! How else can Love be shown than leaving in Us 'power to conquer back and forth. The columnist might have been scholarly in his so-called mature writing, but the loving LOVE shown to mankind by Christ Jesus (the only reliable channel to God) has left me unshaken in my Christian life, and sure will be beneficial to everyone that takes the step of Faith to come into Him.

#No LOVE,No religion.
#Christ in Me,the glory is here.

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks OP for reminding us. It only takes grace to live a blameless life. May God help us to live our lives to glorify him.

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by eagleonearth(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
@searching4love Ever since I saw ur siggy, I gave up. U untold sadness always reflect in everything U say. Let me tell u d truth, I'm always joyful cuz I have d same Jesus U so much hate. Kiss d Son lest He be angry with U. God is being so patient with U. U will understand what I'm saying much later. D love ur searching for is in Christ alone.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by eagleonearth(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Nice one Op. Jesus is d Master.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
iliyande:
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

When a person comes to faith in Christ there will be some evidence of this faith in their lives. You won’t see perfection in a Christian, but what you will see is something different in that person. You will see some evidence that a person has a relationship with Christ. Now it’s very important to we understand that wearen’t talking about being saved by works. You aren’t a Christian because you don’t curse or smoke or cut people off in traffic or because you go to church or give money to charity.Everyone sins and falls short of God’s glory, but through Christ we are forgiven of those sins.

A Christian is someone who calls on Christ to save them from their sins. (Rom 3:23-26) You’ll see these differences more clearly in some Christians than in others – we’re all a work in progress and we all grow in Christ at different rates. But eventually the person who is following Christ will:

1) Love Christ

We love Him because He first loved us.(1 Jhn 4:19)

2) Hate Sin

Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.(Rom 12:9)

3) Pray

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)

4) Read and Apply the Teachings of the Bible

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.(Jam 1:22)

5) Turn from the Works of the Flesh

The works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like. (Gal 5:19-21)

6) Produce the Fruits of the Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. (Gal 5:22-23)

7) Live by Faith

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

http://biblestudyplanet.com/category/christian-words-you-should-know/

Lalasticlala

I was all these things and even more last year. But I fell in love with a girl and we were having sex, since then I can't seem to find my faith no matter how hard i try. These things are real. I ve tried talking to her and we planned to stop sex but once we set eyes on each other we loose control. I don't know what to do.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Ayyomrond(m): 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
It is FRUIT of the Spirit not FRUITS. Gal5:22-23.It is all encompassing. You can't get one without the other. Take note @O.p

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by soos: 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
aaronson:
Number one though, "Love"....WTF, is your God gay? Females could love him but a male though.
You are sickledo
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by nwakaibeya1: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
This is not about I see am well well prophecies and predictions without solutions by so called prophets and pastors this is SPIRITUAL authority from HEAVEN so be wise and check and investigate the utterance John 5,30 Do you know that Today is Yet another Sunday of history and geography teaching and fashion sermons that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritualy blind bornagain followers and church goers?bornagains and church goers enjoy it and continue to shout pastor ride on and still remain in evil family&occult wickedness and evil marine bondages and can't sleep in the night and witches and wizards feast on them without mercy and pastors and prophets and apostles continue to use bornagains and church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment and liberation and most importantly give followers PEACE which Jesuschrist promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself and Seek for unbeleivable power and recieve it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE and THE POWER THAT BE and this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim bornagain without spiritual wisdom and spiritual eyes and unbelievable power and they hate change and new things of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God ofJesuschrist is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always and devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS , we have spoken again and those who have ear let them hear and who can battle with God of justice?remember this is authority and truth&revelation and power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace and believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain and bornagain in vogue #NO and NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth and revelation#Jesuschrist did not beg human beigns to be bornagain he said go and sin no more and come to me all ye that are tired of carrying heavy evil loads, so it means you must meet a condition before you come to him Jesuschrist and not as they are begging you to come and be bornagain, what nonsense that some one should be begged to worship his creator or send bus to carry you to come and worship he that created you and created heaven and earth? What a great disaster and man made agenda for humanbeings or did Jesus send vehicles to carry people to him when he came before?you must rise up and be wise if you will and only if you reason and think well>this is the time to help yourself there is no more time #click>… https:///90v6hjW8xs do not say you where not told and for you know who is coming for revenge and if Jesuschrist is comming for revenge will he pet or beg you as they are petting you in so called churches never ,but they pet you in churches because they need your money why not be WISE. The spiritual is the ultimate place seek the spiritual much as we told you that it is at night that we know who is who and no matter what anyone claims to be in the day before SPIRITUALY blind people .Night is the ultimate place of exposure no pretenses there so be wise and think.we have spoken again to the whole world for them to look into what we speak
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
soos:

You are sickledo
sickledo atleast not to be forever delude-ledo like you.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by olutunde12(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

I just dey laff

Of cause, the word of the cross is foolishness(laughing matter) to those that will perish. So says the bible!
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by colosa: 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Love is d greatest
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by professore(m): 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
I love this
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by bruglione1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
The Lord is good, his mercy and love knows no boundary. I'm a worthless sinner, truly. The Holy Spirit is however the only one who had ever brought me satisfying joy. I wish my enemy an experience with the Holy Spirit. He is beautiful.

Man, know thy God.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Samuelkirk(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
aaronson:
Number one though, "Love"....WTF, is your God gay? Females could love him but a male though.
You are out of ur mind
where were U when he created the universe
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Onyiido: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
iliyande:
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

When a person comes to faith in Christ there will be some evidence of this faith in their lives. You won’t see perfection in a Christian, but what you will see is something different in that person. You will see some evidence that a person has a relationship with Christ. Now it’s very important to we understand that wearen’t talking about being saved by works. You aren’t a Christian because you don’t curse or smoke or cut people off in traffic or because you go to church or give money to charity.Everyone sins and falls short of God’s glory, but through Christ we are forgiven of those sins.

A Christian is someone who calls on Christ to save them from their sins. (Rom 3:23-26) You’ll see these differences more clearly in some Christians than in others – we’re all a work in progress and we all grow in Christ at different rates. But eventually the person who is following Christ will:

1) Love Christ

We love Him because He first loved us.(1 Jhn 4:19)

2) Hate Sin

Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.(Rom 12:9)

3) Pray

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)

4) Read and Apply the Teachings of the Bible

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.(Jam 1:22)

5) Turn from the Works of the Flesh

The works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like. (Gal 5:19-21)

6) Produce the Fruits of the Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. (Gal 5:22-23)

7) Live by Faith

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

http://biblestudyplanet.com/category/christian-words-you-should-know/

Lalasticlala
Op thanks for this write-up. This is inspiring $ this is what many youth needs in their lives. Many wouldn't want to click to read through this, but when it comes to olamide $ don jazzy's beef you'll see almost about 8 pages of the write-up.
Back to topic, a christian is one who has the life of God in him i.e eternal life. Paul said when I was a child, I talked like a child, but now that I am off age I put behind my old ways of doing things. One thing that a christian must always do is to embrace the word, for it will answer to you whatever you want from God. Ephesians 3:17-20 says it all

Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Spy360(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
When you have lived a lie and then found the truth, nothing else becomes more real than the Divine Presence within you.

To my atheist friends with love.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Spy360(m): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Larryfly:

I was all these things and even more last year. But I fell in love with a girl and we were having sex, since then I can't seem to find my faith no matter how hard i try. These things are real. I ve tried talking to her and we planned to stop sex but once we set eyes on each other we loose control. I don't know what to do.
You have taken the first step to recovery, which is to acknowledge that one has sinned.

The second step is to confess that sin and plead the blood of Jesus.

The third step is to renounce the sin which is to RUN away from all its appearances.

Fourth step is to devote yourself to bible reading, prayers, and fellowship. You may also need to attend counselling. All these is to access the help of the Holy Spirit because you can't deal with it alone.

Fifth, IF you fall again, don't be despaired just repeat step one.

Dear friend, when it comes to the issue of life and salvation, you have no business with any third party (check emboldened). It is between you and your God.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by j1mmy: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Anyone who still believes this shyte is a monkey/...
heaven, god, hell, flesh, blood of jesus? in 2015??

mumu africans...kai
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2016
Samuelkirk:
You are out of ur mind
where were U when he created the universe
Better to be out of my mind than give away my mind for manipulative control all because of your ignorance of the universe.

Welcome to forever ignorance of yours, it would last you till the end of time.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by supaslim(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Check this song out! Even the title sef funny! PEPPERSOUP! Lol, awesome chorus mehn! Jahbless on d backup! www.abamp3.com/mp3-supaslim-supaslimmusic-pepper-soup/
aaronson:
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by danose99(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Oh the joy of salvation,oh the peace within smiley
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Enrythesis(m): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
on point. God bless you
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Obinnio: 12:04am On Jan 04, 2016
May the Blessings of Phil 4:19 be with you
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Samuelkirk(m): 12:31am On Jan 04, 2016
aaronson:
Better to be out of my mind than give away my mind for manipulative control all because of your ignorance of the universe.

Welcome to forever ignorance of yours, it would last you till the end of time.
only a fool does not believe in God
Give Ur life to Christ
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 04, 2016
Samuelkirk:
only a fool does not believe in God
Give Ur life to Christ
when you believe in a holy book filled with atrocities and profanities is enough foolish reason to call other people who don't believe in it fools but in the long run the bigger fool often pray to the sky and also believes in a life after death that's why your ignorance would last the test of time.
Re: 7 Things That Change When We Follow Christ by analice107: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2016
aaronson:
See how perverted people can be? So whenever you come across the word love, what comes to your mind is sex?
Doesn't your father love you? How old were you when he started putting it into your ass? Or did your mum make your sister touch her? Or doesn't your mum love her daughters?
Repent and change your ways.

@Ops O Jare, What amazes me most is the ability to forgive, when you receive Chris into your soul.
I use to curse, use to call people names so easily? Filthy sexual fantasies came easily. Building stupid Castles in the air. If I malice you, don't bother about me. If you see me dying, walk pass.
But when I gave my life and started studying the Bible, I discovered these to be the works of the flesh. I started working to dispel them.
Now I can confidently say, am free. If by mistake I call you fool, I feel an unrest in my spirit immediately, then I will have to say sorry and ask the Holy Spirit to forgive me.
You don't want Him to step aside, u won't like yourself. The emptiness.

Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65