Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:41 PM

Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce (716 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali / #istandwithbuhari The Beginning Of Sycophancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by OgunNewsFact: 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
Opposition Is NOT Condemnation or Sycophancy!

To those who feel disappointed when I commend President
Muhammadu Buhari, I say the only way to be an
# effectiveopposition is to be a honest one.

If the President does well, I will commend. If he doesn't, I
will say so. Beyond that, I will also suggest alternative
solutions. This whole idea that the opposition must
condemn everything the President does is a misreading of
what effective opposition is all about.

Some political parties may have done that to the PDP while
in opposition but an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

What the opposition must do is present alternative and
better ideas than the party in power rather than be
reactionary.

Our people are smarter than politicians give them credit for.

They will reject opposition for the sake of opposition.

Modern politics is a contest of ideas. We in the PDP must
battle by laying out ideas to improve the lives of Nigerians.

It is not called condemnation. It is called opposition,
meaning that you oppose the Government by proffering opposing
ideas. At the other end of the scale, we should not applaud
everything President Buhari does. Opposition is not
sycophancy.

We must show Nigerians that we aren't 'wailing wailers', but
rather we are True Progressives with ideas not propaganda.

We must help our Governors deliver visible and lasting
transformation in the states as an example of what we can
do.

We must show PDP is different by ensuring our Governors pay
minimum wage promptly and dont join those seeking its
reduction. We must also show PDP is different by ensuring
our Govs obey court orders and subject themselves to the
Constitution.

These steps will win more hearts amongst Nigerians and
will herald a new era of purposeful progressive opposition.

Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by Day169: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tell 'em Senator Bruce.
You've spoken truthfully, but with regards to your final statement, you may win many hearts but I dare say, not under the acronym PDP. (..It's now being associated with waste & LAWMA!!!)
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by todayboy: 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
I would have comment but am afraid of #tyrantbuhari
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by goodlifehyd(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hmmmm fact
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by Demmocrats(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
Twitter senator
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by Aufbauh(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
For now we don't have credible opposition as we only have group of embittered species hallucinating from the hangover of GEJ defeat.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by kokoA(m): 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
He's beginning to reason like Obama now.
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op put source. Though he made a great point.
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by ticker(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
I don't know why I keep loving this man sometimes I feel he will be a better president than the #tyrantbuhari
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by fearNORTH: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
How I wish there is a provision in the constitution that enables swapping the president.

This man bores all the qualities of a good president both academically and otherwise.

Being in the ruling party does not also mean sheer YES BOSS attitude of some misguided Yorubas
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by DaBullIT(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Bruce

Oya chop Knuckle grin
Re: Opposition Is NOT Condemnation Or Sycophancy! Ben-murray-bruce by oduastates: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
Opposition is not opening your mouth without anything objective to talk about.
What and how would you handle situations differently?
Just saying this one or thing ; BAD, BAD BAD.WITHOUT without concrete stuffs to back it up is confirmed idiocy.

Jonathan was labelled clueless and justly so. I can give you over 100 instances of his cluelessness.

(1) (Reply)

So That APC Does Not Implode! / See Why Jim Nwobodo “the Crying Governor” Might Cry Again Soon / Biafra: I Don’t Care If He Lives Or Dies – Okorocha Denies Calling For Kanu’s Ha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.