Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,568 members, 7,944,721 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran (1143 Views)

BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran / ISIS Publicly Cuts Off Hand Of A Man Accused Of Stealing (graphic Photos) / Saudi Arabia Drops Islamic Calendar Over Oil Crisis - Adopts Gregorian, Cuts Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Iran

Saudi Arabia is severing its diplomatic ties with Iran, foreign minister Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir has announced.

The breakdown in relations is believed to be due to Saudi Arabia’s execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, an Iranian cleric and prominent critic of the Saudi Arabian government.

The action by the Saudi’s government is coming hours after Iran threatened ‘holy revenge ‘against it on the issue of executed cleric.

http://.com/2016/01/03/breaking-saudi-arabia-cuts-diplomatic-ties-with-iran/
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by mallamseifaldin(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
Crude oil is $36 per barrel.
Nigerians will be happy if it can lead to an increase in crude oil price.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

Walahi not a bad idea. grin
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
Execution of anti government groups or unverified criminals in Arab world is as simple as ABCD, they no dey wast time at all and human rights is not in their dictionary.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by panafrican(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
mallamseifaldin:
No. It would be a rip off !
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by MosquitoLaps(m): 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
War on one part of the world is a time for business boom in another
Buhari, be wise o!

By the way, since they've severed ties, what will happen to the Syrian civil war?
Nairaminted and Appleyard, get in here and talk to your students.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by usecondom(m): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Appleyard(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
War on one part of the world is a time for business boom in another
Buhari, be wise o!

By the way, since they've severed ties, what will happen to the Syrian civil war?
Nairaminted and Appleyard, get in here and talk to your students.
Yeah! There is a saying that when two elephants are slugging it out, it is the innocent grass that suffers. I have said before now that the MidEast is a time bomb waiting to explode, and this work-in-progress tit for tat spat between Satan Arabia and Iran, might just turn out to be the last count on the bomb.

I see blood bank in the God forsaken and Satan rejected MidEast!

Why? We are talking of a confrontation that could spiral out of control because of the calibre of nations involved. These are the two most powerful states in the Gulf, and each pride themselves as the fountain and defender of their respective islamic sects - with Iran as the pride of Shiite muslims, while the kingdom of Satan Arabia represent the keeper of sunni islam. To say that things could get worse, is an under statement. Infact, they are already getting worse and hotter. From Syria to Yemen, Lebanon and Bahrain, the proxy war between these two children of chaos, is taken its toll in the whole region. And with this current stand off, one can expect more secterian violence in the aforementioned countries, as well as in Africa, increase ops in Syria etc, all of which could easily result in direct military show down between this two hot headed sons of islam, which would in turn have devastating consequencies for the global economy, particular with the EU, as more and more refugees would flood centre Europe, a place already suffocating from Syrian and North Africa migrant influx. Such a conflict could also lead to the much feared WW3, especially if major powers like the United States of Atrocities (having Iran in mind) and Russia (having the house of Saud in mind,) both get involved, even from behind closed doors, It can still easily get blown into a full confrontation, and we all know what that would mean to the world.

Nevertheless, a war between two major oil producers would send shock waves through the global economy, especially when it is still fighting its way up from the last recession, while struggling not to fall back the ladder. But such a war could also be a blessing to some nations - particularly those that relies on oil as a major source of national income, vis the current price of crude in the international market. Infact, i can see some countries eyes already burgeing out of their sockets with greed, and with tongues salivating with bathed breath and expectation to have a 2nd taste of excess crude account, as global prices would definitly go up in rapture to meet their lord of host - Nigeria, Russia, Angola, Brazil, Venezuella, Qatar, Gabon, and many more. I wont be surprised if any of such nations engaged in activities that could further exercabate the ungoing feud between the two sects. And given the proximity of islamic fundamentalism in relation to its followers fanaticism based on sectarian ideology, you can bet your last dime that such a trap and psyOP would easily work, not to mention that the region is already a hotbed of hostilities. Though it will all depend on what the ''elites'' who runs the show and own the multi-nationals want.

Some nations will always remain a catalyst to the success or downfall of others as played and determine by the dark knights in the shadow.

Yeah! What is another man's meat, would always be another man's poison.

Man is in deed, an animal.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by scully95: 4:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Appleyard:
Yeah! There is a saying that when two elephants are slugging it out, it is the innocent grass that suffers. I have said before now that the MidEast is a time bomb waiting to explode, and this work-in-progress tit for tat spat between Satan Arabia and Iran, might just turn out to be the last count on the bomb.

Why? We are talking of a confrontation that could spiral out of control because of the calibre of nations involved. These are the two most powerful states in the Gulf, and each pride themselves as the fountain and defender of their respective islamic sects - with Iran as the pride of Shiite muslims, while the kingdom of Satan Arabia represent the keeper of sunni islam. To say that things could get worse, is an under statement. Infact, they are already getting worse and hotter. From Syria to Yemen, Lebanon and Bahrain, the proxy war between these two children of chaos, is taken its toll in the whole region. And with this current stand off, one can expect more secterian violence in the aforementioned countries, as well as in Africa, increase ops in Syria etc, all of which could easily result in direct military show down between this two hot headed sons of islam, which would in turn have devastating consequencies for the global economy, particular with the EU, as more and more refugees would flood centre Europe, a place already suffocating from Syrian and North Africa migrant influx. Such a conflict could also lead to the much feared WW3, especially if major powers like the United States of Atrocities (having Iran in mind) and Russia (having the house of Saud in mind,) both get involved, even from behind closed doors, It can still easily get blown into a full confrontation, and we all know what that would mean to the world.

Nevertheless, a war between two major oil producers would send shock waves through the global economy, especially when it is still fighting its way up from the last recession, while struggling not to fall back the ladder. But such a war could also be a blessing to some nations - particularly those that relies on oil as a major source of national income, vis the current price of crude in the international market. Infact, i can see some countries eyes already burgeing out of their sockets with greed, and with tongues salivating with bathed breath and expectation to have a 2nd taste of excess crude account, as global prices would definitly go up in rapture to meet their lord of host - Nigeria, Russia, Angola, Brazil, Venezuella, Qatar, Gabon, and many more. I wont be surprised if any of such nations engaged in activities that could further exercabate the ungoing feud between the two sects. And given the proximity of islamic fundamentalism in relation to its followers fanaticism based on sectarian ideology, you can bet your last dime that such a trap and psyOP would easily work, not to mention that the region is already a hotbed of hostilities. Though it will all depend on what the ''elites'' who runs the show and own the multi-nationals want.

Some nations will always remain a catalyst to the success or downfall of others as played and determine by the dark knights in the shadow.

You are on point as usual.. After reading Saker's post on the Saudi Arabia demonic plan which i also partially agree with. I have a strong feeling this is all about Syria and always been. The simple truth is, they need to take out Syria first and Iran will be almost or if not completely Issolated.

A big war with Iran now is a no go area for Saudi arabia or even U.S. This is a known fact, another Suicide or version to this, U.S may have decided to foregone Saudi Arabia. And in my oppinion, Saudi will follow the same fate as Iraq. But this is less likely to happen.

I think the empire has stepped up its strategy and it's continuation of Syria must fall to its axis first before a full scale war can be launched with Iran.. This has been their strategy even with NAtO. They beleive in encirclement ideology.

I said it in one of my comments when Turkey shut down Russia's Su-24.. I wrote something like 'still waiting for the role Saudi will play'. Now this is Saudi playing its own side of the war card forming 34 countries to help in the fight in Syria which we all know it will be on the side of ISIS while the crook media continue to twist it.

It's even sad that Saudi arabia can not even take on the poorest country in the middle east. Yemen, you now expect the same Saudi Arabia of Wahhabi crazies to face Iran ?? That is suicide mission and Iraq will repeat itself again 100% while Saudi will turn to another Iraq. It may even be deadlier. Again the end result would be Iran becomes Stronger. Iran became stronger after the war with Iraq. WHich U.S was siding with Iraq to go into war with Iran.. What happened to Iraq's Saddam after that ? He was hanged (Why.. Simple logic).. Even Syria we see today was used as forward base to invad Iraq.. What is happening to Syria today ? ( It's a strategy that is now opened to the naked Eye). The RUssians know this, the Iranians also do and is the reason they have been fighting this wahabis crooks in Syria. Syria to them must not fall.

They are just stepping up their games and now directing those 34 country forces' enegery at the their opponents in Syria probably their last card on the table. If that is defeated, Saudi will still fall. Saudi is on a time bomb just waiting to explode and sooner or later it will.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by MosquitoLaps(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2016
Appleyard:

Thank you Sir.
Noted.
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Appleyard(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2016
scully95:

You are on point as usual.. After reading Saker's post on the Saudi Arabia demonic plan which i also partially agree with. I have a strong feeling this is all about Syria and always been. The simple truth is, they need to take out Syria first and Iran will be almost or if not completely Issolated.

A big war with Iran now is a no go area for Saudi arabia or even U.S. This is a known fact, another Suicide or version to this, U.S may have decided to foregone Saudi Arabia. And in my oppinion, Saudi will follow the same fate as Iraq. But this is less likely to happen.

I think the empire has stepped up its strategy and it's continuation of Syria must fall to its axis first before a full scale war can be launched with Iran.. This has been their strategy even with NAtO. They beleive in encirclement ideology.

I said it in one of my comments when Turkey shut down Russia's Su-24.. I wrote something like 'still waiting for the role Saudi will play'. Now this is Saudi playing its own side of the war card forming 34 countries to help in the fight in Syria which we all know it will be on the side of ISIS while the crook media continue to twist it.

It's even sad that Saudi arabia can not even take on the poorest country in the middle east. Yemen, you now expect the same Saudi Arabia of Wahhabi crazies to face Iran ?? That is suicide mission and Iraq will repeat itself again 100% while Saudi will turn to another Iraq. It may even be deadlier. Again the end result would be Iran becomes Stronger. Iran became stronger after the war with Iraq. WHich U.S was siding with Iraq to go into war with Iran.. What happened to Iraq's Saddam after that ? He was hanged (Why.. Simple logic).. Even Syria we see today was used as forward base to invad Iraq.. What is happening to Syria today ? ( It's a strategy that is now opened to the naked Eye). The RUssians know this, the Iranians also do and is the reason they have been fighting this wahabis crooks in Syria. Syria to them must not fall.

They are just stepping up their games and now directing those 34 country forces' enegery at the their opponents in Syria probably their last card on the table. If that is defeated, Saudi will still fall. Saudi is on a time bomb just waiting to explode and sooner or later it will.

Yeah! I am in total agreement with your thesis. If you take a good look and vigorously analyse the situation of things in Syria, you will discover a sense of frustration among the ranks of the hegemon, most especially with the US and Saudi Arabia. The Russian presence in Syria have so much turn the table around that they cant even hide frustration anymore. The US is now complaining bitterly as more and more of its aids and supports for so-called moderate rebels and ISIS, keeps coming, only to be destroyed by Russian/Syrian air power. All Saudi fundings for the Syrian terrorist now appears to be more of a waste, as they are being pumelled from the air and ground, to the extent that some of them are now leaving under truce after loosing territories once held. The cost of intervention in Yemen and support renders in Syria, is now reflecting negetively on the Saudi economy. Frustrating really!
Turkey can't fly its planes in Syria anymore for obvious reasons; plus the Russian sanctions gradually taking its toll on the already volatile economy. Recently they admitted that the Russian sanctions would slow down the economy. The Saudi arab coalition against terror, is only a sham meant to save face, it will never work. The recent spat with Iran is only an indicator to that effect.
So, when you look at it from this angle, you can see why at the end, it would be a win-win scenario for Russia and Assad, as far as Syria is concern: and going by ur analysis, it seems that Saudi Arabia is playing its last card, since it can not get involve overtly without risking a heavy Russian and Iranian retaliation. Hence, we can expect more frustrations to follow, and consequently, an uptick in hostilities over Syria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Missy89(f): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Iran will eat the Saudis and her " sunni coalition" for dinner

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Tkester: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
Missy89:
Iran will eat the Saudis and her " sunni coalition" for dinner

Hallelujah! This one you decided to say the truth, I guess you've received repentance. Congratulations!
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Missy89(f): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
Tkester:

Hallelujah! This one you decided to say the truth, I guess you've received repentance. Congratulations!

Hey Mor0n, Stop quoting/stalking my moniker.
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
They've cut diplomatic ties before during the late 80's early 90's.
Re: BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With iran by Tkester: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Missy89:

Hey Mor0n, Stop quoting/stalking my moniker.

Lol,

I like you, that's why I keep stalking your moniker.

(1) (Reply)

US Defense Secretary Demand Immediate Ceasefire In Call With Russian Counterpart / Kherson : Ukrainian Military Rain Down Missiles On Fleeing Russian Soldiers / Senate Turns Down Motion Of Commendation To Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.