Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,437 members, 7,937,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:20 PM

Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? (1805 Views)

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? / Should I Be Worried If My Girlfriend Sex Chats With Guys? / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by nguage(m): 5:20am On Jun 15, 2009
I didn't read through, so forgive me if someone said this already. It's possible he's trying to get you by bringing down your self-esteem first.

Also, guys are not the same, there's no formula to explain how guys behave.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by SeanT21(f): 5:27am On Jun 15, 2009
OYINDA and C2H5OH

GET A ROOM ALREADY!!
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:27am On Jun 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

oyin, when was the lst time you had suya? i'm eating some suya right now and i almost forgot how good it tastes.

who gave you suya? haha pls don't spoil the girl's thread
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Diva1(f): 5:30am On Jun 15, 2009
@ Topup

You didn't admit if you liked him?, personally if it's me, a guy I have no feelings for complimenting my friend, yea I could be a lil jealous but it ends there. No worries, no probs. He could also be doing that to see your reaction and how you feel to see if you are interested in him, who knows? wink It could be his tactics.

C2H5OH:

oyin, when was the lst time you had suya? i'm eating some suya right now and i almost forgot how good it tastes.

When was the last time I ate suya? sighs,  can you mail some here?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Oxone(m): 5:34am On Jun 15, 2009
@topup

not every guy knows how to put their feelings into words, so the guy might actually like u but do not know how to go abt it without been rejected & that ur jealous means u feel something for him
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2009
oyinda.:

same age range, knack for creating romance topics, and worst of all, you are both MUSHYYYYYYYYY  tongue
if you start paining your posts (brown will complement the teal), you would be just perfect for each other.

Aww a tale of two halves meshing together to form a whole.  That is very touching.  embarassed
You are probably right about what you said, but topup would not be caught dead square in anything this silly.  She is not interested.  Thanks for your analysis.

SeanT21:

OYINDA and C2H5OH

GET A ROOM ALREADY!!

Jealous?  grin
Would you like to join us for a 3some  wink

oyinda.:

who gave you suya? haha pls don't spoil the girl's thread
Making some on the grill in the backyard

Diva1:

When was the last time I ate suya? sighs,  can you mail some here?
Girl where's the addy? You know I got you mama  kiss
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by SeanT21(f): 5:42am On Jun 15, 2009
Jealous?

I already own U.I am leasing U to Oyinda for 3 nairas an hour!!!
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:45am On Jun 15, 2009
lol ok then i don't feel as jealous. I really thought you were having suya. it must be bad if you're making it yourself

SeanT21:

Jealous?

wow that's dirt cheap rate. you are not profit conscious at all. smh
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by SeanT21(f): 5:47am On Jun 15, 2009
C2H5OH is not that worth it!!! tongue
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:47am On Jun 15, 2009
SeanT21:

Jealous?

shocked Woa holy shat  shocked . you must have some apple bottoms on you for you to be able to make some comment like that.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:50am On Jun 15, 2009
oyinda.:

lol ok then i don't feel as jealous. I really thought you were having suya. it must be bad if you're making it yourself

wow that's dirt cheap rate. you are not profit conscious at all. smh

What the Why am I being pawned off like property angry

SeanT21:

GMAO excuse me? You do not mean that tongue
So you go just take me throway like that undecided
WOMEN!
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by SeanT21(f): 5:52am On Jun 15, 2009
kidding ooo kiss
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:54am On Jun 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

What the    Why am I being pawned off like property  angry

hehe
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 5:57am On Jun 15, 2009
embarassed you are FIRED ashanti!

topup is the head of the pantheon occupied by all NL chicks. All y'all better learn a thing or two from her and diva1.
Diva1 is American beauty kiss .
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 6:01am On Jun 15, 2009
if sean is leasing you to me for 3naira/hr I wonder how much topup or diva will charge. lol it won't be in sean's interest to do that so pls rule it out. srry
SeanT21:

Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 6:06am On Jun 15, 2009
oyinda.:

if sean is leasing you to me for 3naira/hr I wonder how much topup or diva will charge. lol it won't be in sean's interest to do that so pls rule it out. srry
oh no you didn't.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by chihums(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2009
u guys hav spoilt topup's wonderful thread wit ur suya stuff. if u divert again, i will give u kpomo. you guys suck.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 15, 2009
i have been told that one of the ways to get under the skin of a gal you are toasting is to focus your attentions somewhere else wink
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by spikedcylinder: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2009
oyb:

i have been told that one of the ways to get under the skin of a gal you are toasting is to focus your attentions somewhere else wink

And then when you bring your attention back to your original focus point, you'll only find an insect there because the object of your desire has walked away.
Some guys seem to forget that if you see something and you like it or think of it as very desirable, others are seeing it as well. smiley
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

And then when you bring your attention back to your original focus point, you'll only find an insect there because the object of your desire has walked away.
Some guys seem to forget that if you see something and you like it or think of it as very desirable, others are seeing it as well. smiley

not wholly refocusing, just enough to make the object of desire realise that there are 'other fish in the sea'.

btw , it was two diff chicks that told me this. one said the jealousy you feel when a guy you have been posting ( he is mine, i have him wrapped around my finger tongue) focuses elsewhere is baad.

of course, it has also been said (by women for that matter ) that you cannot understand women, so its more of an artform than a science smiley
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by spikedcylinder: 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2009
Your "two different chicks" are confused beings. What do they know anyway? They are just chicks. cheesy
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Your "two different chicks" are confused beings. What do they know anyway? They are just chicks. cheesy

of course, it has also[b] been said (by women for that matter ) that you cannot understand women,[/b] so its more of an artform than a science

i no talk am cheesy cheesy

the chicks are not chicks any more o! this was waaaaay back.they are hens with broods now cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Steve49ja1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2009
Wow, first time ill see top-up seek advice. . . wow!

Mami take things easy you prolly filling the gap when youre not spose to.

Please! Please!! Please!!!

Dont ask him his intentions Please dearie. . . That'll make you cheap if i were him your worth would decrease if you ask me such so please keep up with your high ego. A man could suck ya toes if you act it well.

Relax, when he's around dont seem to listen to everything he says. . . I cant imagine trying to set a babe on the right path (ask her out) and complement about her friend thats CRAZY. . . .

So I'll say:
He just wants some some of your body, a guy who doesnt control what he says when tipsy prolly can lure/take your sister to bed when tipsy.

Space him my dear and have him running after you if he really has any intentions of being with you.

Hope this helps dearie. Let me know with updatez. wink
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Busybody2(f): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
topup:

One guy in particular has been flirting with me on and off for the past year. . .

. . . so of course I get the impression that he has a crush on me (he occasionally tells me I'm beautiful and compliments me too).

So far so good smiley

topup:

However, in this discussion he admitted that he found my friend's figure to be incredibly sexy, she's slimmer than me, more toned, and has large breasts, however her appearance is more slim than curvy. He reiterated that he liked her look because she appeared very flexible (LOL kinky guy).

Can anyone help, I can't seem to be able to keep my jaw from dropping to the floor shocked shocked shocked

topup:

I was shy, and unsure if he was being serious because of the fact that he was flirty with every one too.

Don't want to risk damage to my jaw again so i will just say hmmn lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

topup:

When he's tipsy he can be very flirty, but I'm usually just grateful when he compliments me, and I return the favour. My usual response is to just say thankyou, nothing more, it takes more than compliments for me to fall head over heels.

When he is sober, he is flirty, and when he is tipsy, he is very flirty cool And once again, its a hmmn from moi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

topup:

it's just made me wonder if it's possible to really like someone but then like their friend's body more.

From the quote above, I detect an inkling of awareness, that your thinking is along the lines of "he should have kept his thoughts and fantasy to himself out of respect to you". . . err . . . no? . . . yes? . . .  undecided

topup:

He was never consistent with the signals either.

You don't say cheesy

topup:

This guy has sent me numerous signals, but we've mostly been out of sync, when I was willing to reciprocate, he would be more focused on the 'single life' and dancing with random girls on the dancefloor and chatting up girls and collecting numbers, and when I lose interest, he compliments me about being beautiful and being too good for my ex. He wanted me to break up with my ex and he did give me the vibe he was really interested, but when it came down to it, he didn't initiate anything.

Then my jaw was just dropping to the floor, now it is surgically glued to the floor shocked shocked shocked somebody help, I am seriously not crying wolf here grin

topup:

It wasn't just me who was dwindling.

No need to beat yourself up about this dude wink If your losing interest, is just on account of him flirting with other girls when you are interested, don't apportion any blame on yourself, he is 100% to blame for your waivering smiley

topup:

Who knows maybe he actually has no idea of how I feel. . does that matter though?

I know most confident guys would chase the girl of their dreams, and maybe others wait for encouragement, but really, I don't feel to encourage someone who seems to lack focus. I don't want to pick him, I want him to pick me.

Yay. . . yippee. . . I detect some flickering - a couple of lightbulb moment cheesy Phew someone is at home tongue And now I can stop holding my breath, and finally breath, what a relief cheesy

Hopefully all is well that ends well grin I hope undecided . . . considering this is Topup tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Feelitx(m): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
Maybe the guy got pushed away because you didn't encourage him initially. Again, I feel if he as much as place a premium on you,he will not openly be throwing compliments on your friend.How can he possibly place a value on you and then go flirting with with every one like you said?

Even if you had him to yourself,does this man look like the kind who can be faithful ? I think you deserve a lot better than this one.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by Romeo4real(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
So, does that mean, if a guy likes you, he'll always like everything about you??

Definitely not! It is a choice to see past someones physical imperfections, whether u love or like them, as no one is perfect.
There is nothing wrong in a man both finding u and ur girlfriend attractive, especially if u are both attractive. Though u may look quite different (as you have attested to), it is still normal, as there are aspects of both your physicality that he finds attractive.

Men usually don't have a type, and even if they do, they are willing to go for another attractive woman who is not their "type". The criteria is always "attractive".

Anyway this is no big deal. Nigga may be gay, or he lacks liver.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by topup: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
Can I just give a HUGE applause to the replies here, you guys have truly thought this through and some good and great advice here.

The situation thus so far,

Nothing, nada.

I know I tend to be vague when I'm describing certain things, and at times completely over-descriptive - and I'm usually like this because of paranoia, I think if I'm too specific, that I'm just a google search away from being found out - and the SHAME that would come from it tongue.

Anyways, it's cool, nothing's happened, and I was probably bored to begin with. I think Feelitx you're very close, I believe I didn't encourage him at the time he may have had the most feelings for me and now, they've plataued.

As for everybody who asked questions about why he was admitting these things, we were playing a very mature game called 'Truth or Dare' tongue.

You tend to think, once you're over 20, you can handle the game, or take it to the next level, but really, it's just as childish as it was back in primary school or whatever.

I have a very very interogative friend, she is more analytical than ME!! And she made it her mission to find out what the guy's thoughts were - mind you he had no clue that this was her intention as we all played. I admitted to her a couple of nights before that I had a crush on this guy, and in this game, she asked him to rate the girls in the room, and it wasn't who he was most attracted to like I mentioned earlier, it was infact, who he would have sex with (where I came third), who he'd like to kiss (where I came first) and who he'd like to marry (I also came first).

She asked more questions too.
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:08am On Jun 20, 2009
topup:

Can I just give a HUGE applause to the replies here, you guys have truly thought this through and some good and great advice here.

The situation thus so far,

Nothing, nada.

I know I tend to be vague when I'm describing certain things, and at times completely over-descriptive - and I'm usually like this because of paranoia, I think if I'm too specific, that I'm just a google search away from being found out - and the SHAME that would come from it tongue.

Anyways, it's cool, nothing's happened, and I was probably bored to begin with. I think Feelitx you're very close, I believe I didn't encourage him at the time he may have had the most feelings for me and now, they've plataued.

As for everybody who asked questions about why he was admitting these things, we were playing a very immature game called 'Truth or Dare' tongue.

You tend to think, once you're over 20, you can handle the game, or take it to the next level, but really, it's just as childish as it was back in primary school or whatever.

I have a very very interogative friend, she is more analytical than ME!! And she made it her mission to find out what the guy's thoughts were - mind you he had no clue that this was her intention as we all played. I admitted to her a couple of nights before that I had a crush on this guy, and in this game, she asked him to rate the girls in the room, and it wasn't who he was most attracted to like I mentioned earlier, it was infact, who he would have sex with (where I came third), who he'd like to kiss (where I came first) and who he'd like to marry (I also came first).

She asked more questions too.

wow. abajo. you are very very silly (maybe in a good way undecided).
but what exactly makes this sillyness nairaland romance topic worthy?
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 5:20am On Jun 20, 2009
ok. I read ur blog. very interesting. you're very pretty btw I like your pic in the green jacket.
but you worry tooooo much abt boys undecided stop it
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2009
Nothing wrong with worrying about boys. Long as she's worrying about the right kind of boys. Maybe when she focuses on ME she can stop worrying about so many boys.

but wink sometimes the ball doesn't bounce the way it should
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by oyinda3(f): 8:14am On Jun 20, 2009
look at them. two grown up agbayas behaving like little kids. another reason u need to start posting in brown to complement your twin
Re: Should I Be Worried If It's Not Me? by C2H5OH(f): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2009
Nope. Sometimes it has a lot more to do with two homosapiens complimenting and understanding each other. when those two are matched, it is a beautiful thing to see them working together in perfect harmony.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Too Busy To Be In A Relationship / Nigerian Babes With Low Self Esteem / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.