Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,103 members, 7,939,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:04 AM

Fate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fate (484 Views)

What Will Be The Fate /how Will Airforce Life Be Like In 10 Years Time / Fate Of Ada / What Is The Fate Of These Ladies For Such Display Of Love (photo) 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hi nairalanders, I'm a Ghanaian but was born in Nigeria, even though I reside in Ghana I visit Nairaland daily, I really love this place the funny comments and wonderful posts but wow the insults are mean and sometimes funny too.

This is a story I just started writing I know its very amateurish and I would need helpful tips on how to write right. I hope you enjoy it and go easy with the bashing too. lol( I don't know how to use the Smiley's)

Fate

I just kept running, not looking back, with my veil still on my face, i ran like the wind, surprised at how fast i was, wondering why no one had caught up with me, till i heard somebody’s voice, an angry driver perhaps, my fiancé maybe?. Yes, i ran away from the altar, was too nervous, something wasn’t right, i was marrying Dave for the wrong reasons, i disobeyed every rule, said mean things to my family sure my mother’s face was still wet, damned the church, all for Dave my 5foot 8 inches man with black lips from years of smoking, he wasn’t as rich as i was, i owned different establishments and he was an I.T wiz. I suppose i thought he could be rich if he wanted, he could hack into anything, i constantly feared for my accounts. Why did i go against everything that was right, was it because of his hair? He had a very full afro that never lacked oil or his cute looking black eyes with long lashes, he had a square shaped face and a sunburnt fair complexion, he wasn’t muscular but really lanky, and I believed I could overlook all that since I read an article on google and Nairaland on how to have pink lips, black lips solved and for the muscles- the gym. So why did i... oh yes, he was a romantic and was extremely intelligent, he melted my heart from our first encounter. He came to my office asking to improve my company’s website, i told him it was perfect and if i saw a need for improvement i would contact him and reached for my phone to call the secretary to send in the next person when he said those bold words, “I want to own you” i dropped the phone, was stunned, check his outfit, did i let in a crazy person? I moved my finger under the table to press the security button, yes i had that expensive sleek security gadget installed for egoistic bozos like him. “Sweetie, don’t bother hitting that button, i mean no harm” he said still maintaining his composure staring straight into my eyes, i gasped, the nerve! The next gadget i needed was a gun, i concluded i was facing a psychopath, “how did he know about that button?”, i thought, not knowing i whispered it out loud because he answered saying, “ I know you do business with west international security, you supply their companies”. So i finally spoke, “Ok, you have said what you want, i’ll say mine, I want you out of my office!!!”

1 Like

Re: Fate by dopeJemi: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lol, I like your humility cheesy and using the smileys is easy, click on your reply button, the smiley options are right above the space for typing

Nice piece by the way
Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
kiss cheesy I got it! Thanks
Re: Fate by dopeJemi: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
mynameisfaith:
kiss cheesy I got it! Thanks

You welcome, continue your story, i'm following
Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2016
Dave didn’t seem to be moved by my voice, was i not loud enough? I thought i looked fierce enough; men were often intimidated, a girl of 25 already owned 3 establishments, a restaurant, a catering school and barbing salons all over the Greater Accra region. I was always in white, i was known for that, the only thing in my office with another colour was the sunburnt nerve of a guy and my fair self. Curse the sound proof office of mine, no one could have heard my yell, for some reason i didn’t press that button, could this man have commanded me? He stood up and i wished i had a pepper spray, “what!” where are all this thoughts coming from i am in Africa! He started walking close to me with a smirk on his lips, he blinked lightly and i knew noticed his lashes, i thought they were cute but hey! He was getting close to the side of my desk, he placed on hand on my chair and one on my table, swirled it to himself and said “You are the first lady to make my heart skip a beat” I thought to myself “ oldest line ever! You would have been dead duh!” but i entertained him, i was just staring into his eyes, i wanted to hear more, i missed that feeling, being single since i started chasing my dream, being out of the field for 3 years, men that came were either after my money, too controlling and couldn’t keep up that stance for long after a night with me, but this dude, kept me under his gaze, i was excited. Anyone that came in would exclaim and think we should have locked the door because we looked like we were about to have a passionate session, the heat was all over the room, i was sweating, what? That only happened when i worked out; i was always in an air-conditioned environment. He spoke again “You have nice legs, would you model for my company?” “Wha...wha..what?..” I was expecting more, wanted to be told i was powerful, strong, God sent, a goddess, beautiful, not just that? That was too ordinary, he noticed my disappointment, turned my chair back and to the front, walked to his seat, took his bag and said as he walked out, “ My card is on the table” he looked back, winked and said “Call me”.
I looked at the card on the table and pressed the bell under my desk.
I think i had wet myself a little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
I snapped out of it, didn’t want to remember the romantic times, needed to be tough, i continued running, Usain Bolt style, i then looked to my right and realized i was in the middle of the road, with car horns blaring, people yelling, i couldn’t make out the words but i knew i heard a voice telling me to stop, of course, that was in order, but not now, not when i already made a fool of myself, i decided to keep running, i was not afraid of death, in fact i wanted it, with my veil on my face, my fiancé hadn’t removed it yet before i made a run for it, i wore flats because i didn’t want to look taller than my fiancé, thank God for them. I heard the voice again, looked back saw a man in uniform as i looked forward, i wondered why there was so much fuss and i was feeling awesome, “were there choppers in the sky? Was i on the news?” i thought, “get yourself together lady! You’re in Africa! That’s just a policeman,” I said to myself. I didn’t stop running, i started crying, “when did i turn to this?”. I was on the verge of collapsing when the tears started pouring, i just felt myself elevating, i gasped, wrapped my hands around somebody’s shoulders as i was lifted, i knew i was being carried, but by who, “Dave”? The man raised the veil from my face, i looked at the frown now turning to a sorry look, i guess that was as a result of my messed up face from the tears. I looked around and saw that the cars had stopped behind waiting for the green light as the policeman made a step forward he tripped on my veil and we fell to the ground, i landed on my buttocks.

1 Like

Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
I didn’t acknowledge the pain as i was still pumped with adrenalin i looked at the man in the uniform and asked if he was alright, he just sighed as he rose up, stretched out his hand and held me as i got up. I then felt my buttocks in a knot , it was like all the blood in my body rushed in and made it hard, “aahh!” i exclaimed as i held my butt with one hand as my other one was still in his maybe afraid i would run again. He looked worried and asked if i was fine, i blushed and told him i was, i didn’t want him having any imaginations about my buttocks. He held me as we walked to a bus stop, i was limping and asked “What happened?” he seemed shocked, and said, “i should be asking you that”. I looked at my surroundings and saw traffic moving with lots on people staring at us,
“Well, i was just jogging” i said,
“Really... in your wedding dress? He replied,
“Yes” i said as i winced as i sat down,
As he was about to reply i saw Dave walking furiously coming from behind. I stood up and was about to start running but couldn’t from the pain, the policeman noticed my fear and knew i recognized the person coming, “is that your fiancé? He asked pointing at Dave, who had already gotten to where i was and gave me a sounding slap, I had never been slapped before, oh yes, i remembered my dad did when i was ranting saying i was going to marry Dave, Dave that i praised, told my dad, he was the most caring and loving man i had ever met that he could learn a thing or two from just gave me a sound slap. The policeman immediately punched Dave because he was about to pounce on me, i just held my cheek, i couldn’t cry, i caused it all, i just screamed as loud as i could, stopped and screamed again, as the policeman carried me up from the chair and to his van, with my white gown now brown with dirt and my mascara messed up eyes, i screamed, he didn’t bother shutting me up, for i passed out from the screaming.
Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
I stood in the living room staring at his card, wondering if i should call or not three days had passed and i still hadn’t called, i thought to myself that it wasn’t lady like, he wanted to use my legs after all, i shook my head, couldn’t believe i said that. I picked up my bag and was about to leave for work when my phone rang, i looked at the phone to check for a name but it was an unknown number, i hissed and was about to hang up when i exclaimed and thought it could be Dave! I was about to slide to the green button when it phone started acting up the screen was not responding, “oh no, no, no not now” i panicked, the call ended, i dropped my phone on the sofa in annoyance when the phone started ringing again, i reached for it in a hurry but calmed myself before i answered in my ‘phone call voice’ “Hello, who is on the line?” i asked,
“It is me joor! And what happened to your voice?” my sister, Alexis asked.
I hissed in my head and looked downcast and said, “Girl, you are lucky i picked up, you hide your number, why?” i countered.
“Oh wow, its a new phone, didn’t know, sorry about that, anyways, Yvonne Nelson just left the building, she wanted to get some decent food and i wanted to place an order” she said
“Like seriously? And you called me?” i said in disgust, my sister liked to brag about her job, she was a writer and a director, was the best at her job and always liked to look down on mine. I was two years older than her but we acted like twins. “Gotta go, sick girl, serious work to be done” i said and hung up.
I sat down in frustration, really? Was i missing him? I was sure that was the game he was playing but i didn’t mind i believed i was smarter.
I thought wrong.
In the office, i just dropped my bag on my chair and walked out, damn it! I was going to his office. I walked my car where the driver was already sitting in his smart uniform and chiselled look, he wasn’t bad looking for a fifty year old man, he asked where i was going and i said , “BrigADE Consults” i was going for my modelling shoot.

1 Like

Re: Fate by mynameisfaith(f): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
As i stepped into the company i noticed all eyes were on me, i walked to the lady at the front desk and told her i wanted to see Dave, she glanced at me as she picked up the phone to call Dave, i was wearing a white strapless, fit and flare short dress with white wedge shoes, my shades still on with white rims on the edges. She dropped the phone and told me to have a sit that he would be with me shortly. “Sit?” i asked in a questioning look, and she pointed to the chair, “yes sit”. I guess everyone from this company has some nerve.
I waited for 10 minutes and decided to leave, as i was about to stand up, he walked up to me, smiling, taking confident steps for a lanky fellow, in a purple suede jacket with a black shirt and brown chinos trousers with desert boots, he walked up to me.
“Miss Portia, i am so happy you could grace our company” he said as he shook my hands, he signalled with his hands that we should move out, he told the lady at the desk to serve the client in his office some coffee that he would be back in an hour.
I looked at him and he winked as he wore his shades,” oh sweetie you are more than important to me”
I blushed as he took me to his car. I didn’t know where we were going but i was loving the trip. It took us twenty minutes to his apartment, he lived in an estate not far from his office, he owned a two bedroom house, it was barely furnished and i already started decorating in my head. “ We would need a bigger house once we started having kids” what was i thinking! I snapped out of it as he called my name,
“Portia, you barely said a word since we left the office is everything alright?” he asked as he held my face, i was 2 inches taller than him, we could make it work.
I nodded and said i was fine. I looked at a picture on the wall and asked who the person was.
“Oh that’s my mother, your soon to be mother-in-law ” he said with a grin.
That got on my nerve, “ what is it that makes you so confident, how can you just be bold with such words? This is insulting.
He walked towards me and really invaded my space, “and yet you are in my house miss” he said and moved one step closer as i moved on step back.
“I could be a killer, a robber but you came to my office, followed me to my house with no hesitations and you are even in my bedroom.” It was at that last word; i stopped moving, looked back and saw his bed behind, we had been walking towards that directon. I was nervous, what was he going to do to me, sweat trickled from my forehead to my chest, he noticed, took out his hankie and wiped my sweat.
“No love not yet”, he said with a smirk on his face as looked into my eyes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help My Crush Is Not Regularly Picking My Call ( Part 2) / Name Of A Foolish Nairalander This Year Is Lamideee / Couldn't Find The Right Answers's To All This Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.