Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:13 PM

Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup (2173 Views)

JUST IN: MEND Threaten To Resume Militancy If… / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / MEND Threaten Attacks On October 1; Claims Responsibility For Crude Oil Theft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by smooooooth: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
skyranger:

football has never been mixed with violent anywhere in the world, as far as i can remember.
when the killings within Nigeria league football started, i felt this is total madness. the two do not go together.
correct me if i'm wrong, Iraq took the Asian cup title, that is a country at war with its very foundation.
someone should preach to MEND and make them see the difference b/w football and militancy.
i remember clearly the speech Mandela made to make south Africa clinch hosting rights for 2010, he said it was only during world cup matches that inmates and their white warders would come as one, forget the fact about their situation and fate and watch each match with one heart and so much passion. he begged FIFA to please give south Africa the opportunity to witness such once again.
FIFA giving the hosting rights to Nigeria has nothing to do with our bloody thievery government. FIFA is aware of how corrupt our leaders are or who isn't?.
FIFA is being magnanimous to the Nigerian populace, including the common man on the street, we deserve to host the world even if the matches has to be played in the jungles, this they are using to say thank you to the nigerian people for bringing so much glamor to the under 17 world football championship and her commitment.
i duff my hat to all Nigerian youths who contributed to the image of Nigeria via under 17 football championship, for coach Teller i drink to his name being immortalized.
to MEND, in as much as i support its course, steered by criminals, presently, i'll say, please sheath your swords come out of your creeks lets watch good football after that, [b]DAMN 9JA GOVERNMENT blow dem out as much as u can!
i take a bow[/b]

now you're talking. Etisalat! grin
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by kalmebad(f): 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
Bastards, let them come in one, Tens, Thousands, Millions, Billions or even Trillions

Their mouth will not finish telling the tales

Knowing fulling well what has bn brewing

MEND am in support of your fight, if fought in right directions,

Until the idiots stop enriching only their pockets and see need to better the life of their citizenry
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by pek(m): 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
in as much as i would like to see the cadet world cup come to Nigeria, the negative vibes is becoming too much. it is better we lose the hosting right than becoming the laughing stock of the whole world later.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by WilyWily: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2009
Thanks to all our Brave Freedom Fighter Herroes fighting a just War to Emancipate our people from the hands of Devilish Nigeria oppressors lead by an AL-Quida Islamic Terrorist Musa Yaradua, the struggle to free our people from the hands of Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani and their Western Nigeria collaborators will continue until they leave us alone.
  Fifa (Blatter) should listen to what Freedom Fighters are saying, no where in Nigeria is safe and operation Hurricane Piper Alpha is real, It's likely Dirty Stinking Nigeria army may use foreign players as Human shield when Freedom Fighters Strike,
  As Supreme Commander JOMO have warned, all Northerners living in South from this moment start packing up all your dirty stinking belongings and start leaving, no hiding place for you people,as a matter of fact, we are going to smoke you Apes out, no matter where u hide. if any of u have ear let him/she start leaving now.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by hilli666(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2009
For those who still condone the Savage, brutal, and inhumane tactics adopted by MEND in their so call ostensible quest to liberate the Niger Delta, might I remind you, that the more we sit back and encourage this the more unstable and volatile our country becomes. I will rather live under corrupt political leader, who still have to answer to their peers and international pressure than under a bunch of guerrilla warlords with the least bit of education. e.g Somalia and every other African nation that have stupidly encouraged such insurgency. We should be honored that Nigeria was picked out of many nation to host the cup, and likewise we should be vehemently ashamed that such clandestine organisation like MEND even have the clout to hinder it.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. (Still in its Infancy and still making mistakes)
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by OneNaija(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2009
Mend Threat is just Empty Threat have you Guys ever think 2007 Do or Die election is Empty threat. The Answer is Big No.Anything is possible.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by asha80(m): 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2009
hilli666:

For those who still condone the Savage, brutal, and inhumane tactics adopted by MEND in their so call ostensible quest to liberate the Niger Delta, might I remind you, that the more we sit back and encourage this the more unstable and volatile our country becomes. I will rather live under corrupt political leader, who still have to answer to their peers and international pressure than under a bunch of guerrilla warlords with the least bit of education. e.g Somalia and every other African nation that have stupidly encouraged such insurgency. We should be honored that Nigeria was picked out of many nation to host the cup, and likewise we should be vehemently ashamed that such clandestine organisation like MEND even have the clout to hinder it.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. (Still in its Infancy and still making mistakes)

Heap of rubbish!Why don't you come back and live in nigeria instead of living in the comfort of usa and typing this crap.As if nigeria has ever being a stable country.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by HajiaTanko: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
DEATH TO MEND AND ALL ITS THIEVIN DISCIPLES.

LIVE BY THE GUN, DIE BY THE GUN.

TO JOMO, TOMPOLO AND THE REST OF YOU CRIMINALS---VERY SOON YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN YOU.

JUST LIKE YOU THINK YOU ARE BIG AND BAD, SO TOO ARE OUR RUGGED SOLDIERS ITCING TO PUT THE MISERY OUT YOU.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
HajiaTanko:

DEATH TO MEND AND ALL ITS THIEVIN DISCIPLES.

LIVE BY THE GUN, DIE BY THE GUN.

TO JOMO, TOMPOLO AND THE REST OF YOU CRIMINALS---VERY SOON YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT NIGERIA IS BIGGER THAN YOU.

JUST LIKE YOU THINK YOU ARE BIG AND BAD, SO TOO ARE OUR RUGGED SOLDIERS ITCING TO PUT THE MISERY OUT YOU.

Your name says it all.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by deb(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
Thanks to all our Brave Freedom Fighter Herroes fighting a just War to Emancipate our people from the hands of Devilish Nigeria oppressors lead by an AL-Quida Islamic Terrorist Musa Yaradua, the struggle to free our people from the hands of Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani and their Western Nigeria collaborators will continue until they leave us alone.
Fifa (Blatter) should listen to what Freedom Fighters are saying, no where in Nigeria is safe and operation Hurricane Piper Alpha is real, It's likely Dirty Stinking Nigeria army may use foreign players as Human shield when Freedom Fighters Strike,
As Supreme Commander JOMO have warned, all Northerners living in South from this moment start packing up all your dirty stinking belongings and start leaving, no hiding place for you people,as a matter of fact, we are going to smoke you Apes out, no matter where u hide. if any of u have ear let him/she start leaving now.

As if he would lead the war.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by muhsin(m): 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]

Your name says it all.

grin
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by hilli666(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
asha 80:

Heap of rubbish!Why don't you come back and live in Nigeria instead of living in the comfort of USA and typing this crap.As if Nigeria has ever being a stable country.
FYI, I reside in Nigeria as well. My work allows me to work both in the US and in Nigeria. I also just left Nigeria a couple of months ago and planing to return in the coming month. Yes I am a dual citizen and yes I could permanently reside in either Britain or the US, but my unshaken and unwaiverd faith in my country keep me returning. This my Friend is not an issue about you nor me, or whence I may reside. This is a much more bigger issue that require the minds of intelligent young men and women to comprehend. So I don't expect you to understand. So I repeat myself "WE CAN NOT TOLERATE, NOR ALLOW GUERRILLA AND INSURGENT LIKE IDEOLOGY TO BECOME INBRED IN THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL OR DEMOCRATIC PROCESS IT WILL LEAD TO DISASTER ON A CATACLYSMIC LEVEL, AFFECTING NOT ONLY NIGERIA BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE." Now smart and intelligent people can contest this comment, with valid counter arguments, but it has to be smart and intelligent people not you @asha80. Please don't take this the wrong way u seem like a stand up guy.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by ziga: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2009
What is the connection between MEND and footbal

hilli666:

FYI, I reside in Nigeria as well. My work allows me to work both in the US and in Nigeria. I also just left Nigeria a couple of months ago and planing to return in the coming month. Yes I am a dual citizen and yes I could permanently reside in either Britain or the US, but my unshaken and unwaiverd faith in my country keep me returning. This my Friend is not an issue about you nor me, or whence I may reside. This is a much more bigger issue that require the minds of intelligent young men and women to comprehend. So I don't expect you to understand. So I repeat myself "WE CAN NOT TOLERATE, NOR ALLOW GUERRILLA AND INSURGENT LIKE IDEOLOGY TO BECOME INBRED IN THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL OR DEMOCRATIC PROCESS IT WILL LEAD TO DISASTER ON A CATACLYSMIC LEVEL, AFFECTING NOT ONLY NIGERIA BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE." Now smart and intelligent people can contest this comment, with valid counter arguments, but it has to be smart and intelligent people not you @asha80. Please don't take this the wrong way u seem like a stand up guy.

You said it all bro.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by asha80(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2009
hilli666:

Well since i am a dullard i guess i will not bother bringing my own view to discuss with you.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by mireco(m): 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
nothin MEND fit do. They are just making noise. If not for the way our military are concerned about innocent lives, they would have eliminated all of them. Nobody can hold this country to Ransome.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by jorge1980(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
WilyWily:

Wily wily,I hope your IQ is high enough for you to comprehend what I am about to write. I think you should think of liberating yourselves from your local government chairmen, legislators, and Governors before before your paranoid attacks of "Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani and their Western Nigeria collaborators". Its rather pathetic that some people will find justification for the activities of a bunch of thugs and cultists who have created an enabling enviroment for the perpetuation of crimes against the weak and defenceless, kidnapping and killings of the elderly,children and women in the name of freedom fighting. Please try and read the journals of Che Guevara and other sincere freedom fighters with a sincere determination to emancipate people and not act as thugs for pocket enrichment. If the Niger Delta people can get their acts together, a lot can be done internally to improve the life of the citizenry or didnt Lagos survive in the face the Obasanjo victimisation and came out stronger and better? Anyway serious guerillas do not publish their threats before carrying them out and only do such to seek relevance in dwindling limelight. The dirty stinking Nigerian army you mentioned for your information boasts of many intelligent and thinking NigerDeltans who realise where the real struggle lies so let me just give you a candid advice, Please take your aluta mentality back to your school and remain there for 10years and above,
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2009
mireco:

nothin MEND fit do. They are just making noise. If not for the way our military are concerned about innocent lives, they would have eliminated all of them. Nobody can hold this country to Ransome.

if you're to go by innocent lives, it will never end. where were you just 2 months ago when the sri lankan army wiped out the tamil tigers by sheer brute force. they never cared about innocent lives and what was the end result: VICTORY.
thats what nigerian military should do. it will cost a bit of lives, but it will end. but i have this feeling that the gov has something to do with all this.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2009
al-qaeda:

if you're to go by innocent lives, it will never end. where were you just 2 months ago when the sri lankan army wiped out the tamil tigers by sheer brute force. they never cared about innocent lives and what was the end result: VICTORY.
thats what nigerian military should do. it will cost a bit of lives, but it will end. but i have this feeling that the gov has something to do with all this.

sounds very interesting when it is not in your village
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2009
mikeansy:

sounds very interesting when it is not in your village

then shut up and live with that virus in your system.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by skyranger: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
al-qaeda:

then shut up and live with that virus in your system.

al-qaeda:

your name speak so much about your personality, would you consider taking your life "a bit of life" considering the fact that Nigerian security agents are hunting down al-qaeda links in the country.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by jagwar: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2009
Here we go again, mindless niger delta terrorists. What has the life of an innocent Bayelsa footballer have 2 do with oil?? oh they will pay for this.

These militants are definitely feeling the effects of the JTF onslaught and are making desperate moves to stay relevant like killing footballers. I strongly support the JTF, they should continue the attacks and set these bastards back by 5years (this should be enough time for them to put up infrastructure)

I wonder how many more innocent people have to die before the Niger delta citizens start kicking these criminals out of their villages and communities.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by ossy4rill: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
these boys have a camp what is the nigerian military doing where are the weapons they should be traced down to their camp and be killed at random even if it means realeasing ariforce military helicopters b/cos they are not doing anything for the niger delta nor the country at large but they are killing tne reputation of our country and hindering the re-branding nigeria project
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by papaejima: 12:05am On Jun 17, 2009
i hate 2 wake up every morning (chi boo anu ozo) and hear another dirty news about nigeria.we that live outside that country are many atimes 2 ashamed 2 say that u bi 9ija.now mend have moved from local kinapping and extortiong with the backing of sme bastard politicians to threatening international sporting events.we 9ijas,both at home and abroad can support them with whatever mess that they are involved with the govt.( though we know that they are a bunch of local crooks masqurading as agitators 4 their people) bt the moment that they enter into our football arena,we will kick their collective asses out of a mended delta and nigeria.damn bastards. angry angry angry
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by lojik(m): 2:51am On Jun 17, 2009
Some "frozen brain racoons" supporting mend on this forum have chosen to collectively yield the future of their children's children into the hands of some "homo erectus" criminals in the name of freedom fighting.

Would it not be better to resolve your problems democratically than allowing MEND to brainwash you into surrendering control of our Great Country into their hands?

No be una person be vice president? Y is he going slower than yar'adullard over your issues.

MEND = Mindless Enemies of Nigeria's Democracy
We will fight mend till their ashes are no more and their graves are grinded to sand. Support your country, support JTF!
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by iniguy(m): 6:19am On Jun 17, 2009
Hmmn there are two sides to this matter. Criminal elements involved in oil bunkeering and political thuggery, masquerading as freedom fighters,
controlled by shady characters parading themselves as our "elected leaders"
on the other side there lies an insincere cabal at Abuja seeing the source of their livelihood (oil) threatened, orders oppressed souls (soldiers) who go on the rampage
against their fellow oppressed citizens while the international community with diverse interests in the oil sector watches. Its a pity that mend has been infiltrated by criminals, but i hope this new threat to a major international football tournament will awaken the conscience of the international community to the plight of the Niger deltans.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by smooooooth: 7:50am On Jun 17, 2009
all the pipu wey dey support the military action, na aboki pipu. and them no get conscience

then the ones wey no be aboki, wey dey support, them dey ignorant of plight of this niger pipu them.

and who tell una say the militants na illiterates, hisssssss, most go school if u no know jor. shut up.

b4 any body fire gun hia, answer this question first. if na north this oil dey, wetin u think say for dey happen undecided
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 17, 2009
skyranger:

your name speak so much about your personality, would you consider taking your life "a bit of life" considering the fact that Nigerian security agents are hunting down al-qaeda links in the country.

really. i'm scared. nigerian security agents, ha what a laugh. the whole world including the so called super powers couldn't do that, its the nigerian security agents that will. they couldn't even arrest a corn thief. my friend, tell that to your unborn child. what a pity.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by dedeike: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2009
nothing dey happen. fifa world cup will come and go smoothly.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 11:25am On Jun 17, 2009
Nigerians would want to host it but our Government and
the environment is not in support;therefore,FIFA please look ealswhere.

As for the Militants,why dont they move their war to where the oil money is being used to develope-Abuja for instance.
At least it the backers that our Government still do not want to name are there-maybe.
God help this country.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by quadrillio(m): 11:27am On Jun 17, 2009
dedeike:

nothing dey happen. fifa world cup will come and go smoothly.

yes Notin will Happen
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by azegba(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
my own view is that niger delta issue must first be investigated to find out what/all they need, then the government should be sincere in entering into a convenant with their(militants) stake holders. thus ensuring that every bit of the agreement is implemented to the letter with every sense of honesty.
Re: Mend Threaten To Shutdown Fifa Junior World Cup by utotomi7(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
I AM JUST WAITING FOR A COUP. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR!!! THEY SHOULD OVER THROW YARADUA. HOWEVER, I AM SORRY FOR THE LIFE LOST! embarassed embarassed BUT THEY SHOULD HURRY UP AND START A COUP AGAINST YARADUA.!!! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibibio The Land Of Honour / Obasanjo Has Spoken At Last / Death Of Dele Giwa Ibb Wants Me Dead –babangida’s Former Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.