Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,684 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic (1731 Views)

Manana, South African Minister Beats Up Lady For Calling Him Gay (Photos, Video) / US Federal Judge Blocks Donald Trump's Travel Ban / Prophecy Fulfilled: American Judge Rules Against President-elect Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by henryanna36: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Yesterday, Judge Oluwole Stevens of Kentucky, revoked Adam Satterly’s bond on drug charges, then he shouted out “Punk ass nigger,” as he was being taken into custody. That ended up costing him an additional 60 days in 
jail.

Clearly upset with what Satterly said, Stevens ordered Satterly to be brought back into the courtroom, then he said: “Is there something that you wish to say to me?” Satterly told Stevens he was talking to his brother, not him. “No, no, no, I didn’t mean it like that,” he said.

Stevens responded by saying: “Oh, you didn’t mean it like that? You don’t speak those words in here. And that word particularly, you don’t use that word. I’m going to give you 60 days for using that word. I’m going to hold you in contempt right now for having used it in this courtroom. It’s disrespectful; don’t ever do it again.”

This is the 3rd time in the last year the issue of race has come up in Stevens’ courtroom. Stevens once alleged that top prosecutor Tom Wine wants an all-white juries. Stevens was subsequently scolded by Kentucky’s chief justice and was stopped from hearing cases for a few weeks.

Also, in February, 2015, Stevens came under fire for criticizing the victims of an armed robbery for fostering the views of their 5-year-old daughter. The parents said in court, that the daughter was still scared of black men after two had held the family at gunpoint. .

Then, Stevens said: “I’m offended by that. I’m deeply offended by that. That they would be victimized by an individual, and then express some kind of fear of all black men. I wonder if the perpetrator had been white, would they be in fear of white men? The answer would probably be ‘no’.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiibhEsTEis

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/nigerian-american-judge-gives-man-extra.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Slikbae: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Cool
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Karlovich: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
The correct expression should have been amala eater or ewedu eater
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by KB524(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
More grease to ur elbow MR judge
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
A container of malt for that judge mehn..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Psalm18: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Great judge..
Let the brothas in jail mess his face up.

Idiot
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Psalm18: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
Karlovich:
The correct expression should have been amala eater or ewedu eater
Wtf?
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by Tobillionaire19: 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Who cares about the origination or the word, Niqqa sounds so cool mehn! Polish your diction and see how elite will shine their teeth when you call them by the word.

Don't take life too serious
Re: Nigerian-American Judge Give Man Extra 60days In Jail 4 Calling Him A Nigger(pic by cckris: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
Some day, soon, Nigerian Judges will POSSESS sufficient Constitutional protection, to be so legally authoritative in their Courtrooms.
I have this dream.
No be malaria o!

(1) (Reply)

Doom! “blonde One”, “ordered By The Trump” Nostradamus Predicted Trump / U.S: Biden Administration Sacked Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Over Facebook Comments / A List Of Hollywood Liberals Who Vow To Leave Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.