Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,341 members, 7,978,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:56 PM

Beware Of Fraud!!! Please Don’t Fall For This Bvn Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Fraud!!! Please Don’t Fall For This Bvn Scam (726 Views)

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details / How To Link Your BVN To Any Bank Account Without Going To The Bank / Buying Gadgets Online In Nigeria? Don’t Fall Victim To This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Fraud!!! Please Don’t Fall For This Bvn Scam by Smoke2015: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2016
So this morning I got the text message below.

The message seemed very irregular to me and Immediately suspected foul play but still I called the number out of curiosity.
It was busy for a while but after some time a man picked up the phone saying “Goodmorning Madam, you’re on to customer care service.” I then ask “What customer service?” The guy at the other end of the line says “BVN customer service.”

I then told him I got a text this morning saying my atm had being deactivated and asked why? He answers by apologising an asking how many banks I use, I said GTB. He asks “just GTB?” I lied and insisted just GTB.

He then said “Can you please give me the expiry date on your card and the numbers on it?” Fo me this was all the confirmation I needed, because I know if there was any deactivation going on, banks will have immediately alerted customers not through a shady text message from’BVN’.

I then ask: “I don’t understand, what kind of customer care service exactly is this?” the guy then hissed loudly and cuts the phone.

He has since refused to pick the 070151655787 number. Guys if you get this text, please do not fall for it o, call your bank customer care or go to the nearest branch of your bank to make enquiries. This may be the latest way by fraudsters(thats if it hasn’t been going on for a while ) to defraud people of their hard earned money and sadly, many people may fall for it.

Please spread the word, don’t let your loved ones fall victim.

http://mojidelano.com/2016/01/beware-of-fraud-please-dont-fall-for-this-bvn-fraud/

lalasticlala dominique seun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Is Better Than The Iphone 6s / Blackberry Q5 For Sale / How To Get Rid Of Useless Apps That Installs Themselves On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.