Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:21 AM

Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG (1435 Views)

Evil Cabal’ Dictating To Acting President – Fani-kayode Explodes / Buhari Not Dictating To Efcc,others Osinbajo / It's Humiliating That Russia Is Now Dictating To USA In Syria, Senator Mccain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by DONSMITH123(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Federal Government on Wednesday faulted claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that the current ordeal of its spokesman, Chief Olisa Metuh, at the hands of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission was an attempt to silence the opposition.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated this in an interview with State House correspondents inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Mohammed was asked to react to protests currently trailing the arrest of Metuh and the prosecution of another leader of the PDP, Haliru Bello, as well as his son.

The minister said the Federal Government was not dictating to the nation’s anti-graft agencies on who to arrest or prosecute.

He urged journalists to also conduct their independent investigations on the allegations leveled against the suspects and verify if they were genuine or not.

Mohammed, “I think the first point to make is that this government is not micro-managing any of the anti-graft agencies. I know for a fact that they don’t contact the President or anybody before they do their job.

“I think the media also has to do more than they are doing right now, they should investigate these allegations and also make their independent judgment about it.

“Honestly, if the EFCC or ICPC says that they are able to trace certain amount of money to my account, I don’t want you to believe it, I want you to also ask for proof; do your investigation.

“I can assure you that this government, no functionary in government micromanages or directs the EFCC or ICPC on who to arrest and who not to arrest.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/metuhs-arrest-buhari-not-dictating-efcc-says-fg/

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by tubouncen(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2016

I heard DSS/EFCC mosquitoes r very powerful
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Lilimax(f): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Watching them in 5D

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Whether they are dictated to or not is not the problem of Nigerians. We all want all yam eaters to be prosecuted irrespective of whose Ox is gored.

3 Likes

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by donTbone(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by bankele1(m): 2:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAKE #150,000-500,000 IN NIGERIA FREE ON ONLINE SURVEY.
many people still thank than survey does not work for Nigeria. that is totally wrong. discover this secret never been told on how to make money online in survey , and withdraw your money direct to your Nigeria bank account. no story. get this ebooks at cheap prices today @#4,000 only ,
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS TASK.
AN INTERNET CONNECTION , IT CAN BE YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP.
2. AN EMAIL ADDRESS, and u are good to go.
call this number 08143724994 or email me @ kelechisamuel38@gmail.com.
don't wait for government to create job for you
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
All we want is all our stolen money returned to us.
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
God bless you my Guy

TonyeBarcanista:
Whether they are dictated to or not is not the problem of Nigerians. We all was all yam eaters to be prosecuted irrespective of whose Ox is gored.

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
stronger than Kuje mosquitoes grin grin

tubouncen:

I heard DSS/EFCC mosquitoes r very powerful

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by abduljabbar4(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
It doesnt matter as long as they are guilty. It will even be better if they dictate to them
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
“Honestly, if the EFCC or ICPC says that they are able to trace certain amount of money to my account, I don’t want you to believe it, I want you to also ask for proof; do your investigation.

I love that Part. If PDP feel otherwise, they should give us Metuh's account number in other to find out the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by DONSMITH123(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
With Chief Tony Anenih's confession this morning, i think PDP shoult just keep shut. they should hide their face in shame instead.

OnankpaBa:

I love that Part. If PDP feel otherwise, they should give us Metuh's account number in other to find out the truth.

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
Only if there is anything called shame in their dictionary.

DONSMITH123:
With Chief Tony Anenih's confession this morning, i think PDP shoult just keep shut. they should hide their face in shame instead.

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by funlord(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2016
angry

Why? Let him even dictate we no send! There is no need for tact when dealing with all those "yam eating goats from the last administration!"

2 Likes

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by Olaolufred(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
[size=18pt]" Nigerians has no reason to fear Me(Buhari), but they should fear the consequences of their actions"-----Buhari (01.10.15)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin grin grin badt guy....where did you get that from?

Olaolufred:
[size=18pt]" Nigerians has no reason to fear Me(Buhari), but they should fear the consequences of their actions"-----Buhari (01.10.15)[/size]

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
isokay...we don hear
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by DONSMITH123(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
lalasticlala i summoned you cheesy
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
grin you dey vex?

KwoiZabo:
nonsense
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by SmithEnemona(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by TimeManager(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Whoever cares! Were they not dictating to dasuki? #fireonbuahri
The truth has spoken!
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
my love cheesy

OsusuMustFlow:
isokay...we don hear
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OsusuMustFlow(f): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
OnankpaBa:
my love cheesy

sugar... cheesy
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
i just dey hail o

OsusuMustFlow:

sugar... cheesy
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OsusuMustFlow(f): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
OnankpaBa:

i just dey hail o

thanks boss
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
they will only wail...Metuh that has been running his mouth like keneri will soon name names like Dasuki

TimeManager:
Whoever cares! Were they not dictating to dasuki? #fireonbuahri

The truth has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
cheesy
Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by EternalTruths: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Story for the gods

Buhari has made it clear in his first media chat. angry

1 Like

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by DONSMITH123(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
that?

EternalTruths:
Story for the gods

Re: Metuh’s Arrest: Buhari Not Dictating To EFCC, Says FG by OnankpaBa(m): 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
EternalTruths:
Story for the gods

no vex o. please refresh my memory what he said about Metuh's arrest and EFCC during his media chat.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Fayose; The Governor Of Ekiti State Missing???? / Nigeria's Economy To Grow By 3.78% / Efcc Arrests Nnpc Mrs Nnamdi-ogbue Over Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.