Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,913 members, 7,895,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? (824 Views)

What Attracted You To Your Girlfriend/boyfriend? / Woman Blasted For Snatching Her Girlfriend's Boyfriend / I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by DY20: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
I have this debate with myself about when i will allow my children to be into a romantic relationship. A place in my heart choose when he/she finished her secondary school. considering some fact like the alarming rate of make ups and break ups, distraction, etceteral.. i choose to accept to they are in relationship when they are fully graduate or when they are about to be one.
I also dont want to be a dictator daad. i finally come to conclusion to allow my children to be in relation if i know he/she is the type that can handle its goodies and consequencirs

tLet's hear your opinion.
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by ladyF(f): 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
When you graduate from Uni. Most of these school relationships don't last, plus most people are not even mature enough by then.

2 Likes

Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by dollyjoy(f): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
I will start educating my girl child@aga 15 about love,relationship an sex and also encourage her to bring her b.f home.

So for me 15 is ideal,atleast to know who your child move with.
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by menabae(f): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
25, when he is gainfully employed and live comfortable cos I hate it when he steals my money to cater for the gurl :'
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
Seriously speaking, never; your child should focus on education or on whatever will give them a standard future. Maybe after graduating from a university, they should get a fiance or fiancé and not a girlfriend or boyfriend to sleep around with. Just Speaking responsibly
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by DY20: 6:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
ladyF:
When you graduate from Uni. Most of these school relationships don't last, plus most people are not even mature enough by then.
lol... what of one that is matured before his Uni level.
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by spiffyzaki: 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
menabae:
25, when he is gainfully employed and live comfortable cos I hate it when he steals my money to cater for the gurl :'
. Hehhehehe as if ur guy no steal mummy money to take good care of u
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by octopusfreaky(f): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Age17,,and i must know the person he\she would be dating to avoid stories that touch the heart ...
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by tungstar(m): 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
I feel when puberty starts is the best time to educate dem on whats happening to dia bodies nd reaction of d opposite sex to diz changes.

Prolly wen u ready for marriage then u can start à relationship
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Platonic relationship? wouldn't mind them dating at 13...cheesy

Amorous relationship? then, that should be from 18!wink when they're old enough to make decisions..

Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by menabae(f): 6:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
spiffyzaki:
. Hehhehehe as if ur guy no steal mummy money to take good care of u
lol I dnt dates teenagers or students tongue
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by donholy28(m): 6:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
you d be very foolish to think that u can decide for ur child
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Not below 18 for both girls and boys, going to make sure they are so actively involved in extracurricular activities, they have no time to date!
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by 7footre(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
A tricky one indeed! Well all I can do is educate them I guess and encourage them to bring them home cos if you say don't, d yeye children will still do it behind your back. God help me when I eventually become a parent o
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by ladyF(f): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
DY20:
lol... what of one that is matured before his Uni level.
they are not mature yet.... cry not until they graduate
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by calculator123(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
16,yrs will be ideal.provided he/she agrees to a no sexual immoral relationship
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by DY20: 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
donholy28:
you d be very foolish to think that u can decide for ur child
Stages of Parent-Children relationship.
1. Parents make decisions for children.
2. Children make decisions for themselves.
3. Children make decisions for parent.
So let me modify the topic maybe you can consider modifying your comment.
"When will you leave your children to make a relationship decision for themselves"
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: When Should Your Child Have A Girlfriend/boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
op. nice post. at age 17, he/she should bring whoever they are dating home. altho i would av taught my children what to knw and what nt to do in a relationship. once i meet d boo nd i find out he/she is rightly orientated after serious question to both my kid nd boo, they can fire on ,BUT NO SEX IF DM NO WAN CHOP CRAZE. well, im just 17 nd having a crush, what do i know? grin

(1) (Reply)

He Broke Up With Her After Six Abortions,please Advice. / ONE MINUTE MEN- Your Take And What's At Stake.(18+ Only) / Guy Narrates How He Was Beaten Up For Eating The Wrong Food At A Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.