Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,319 members, 7,887,982 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai (2331 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Femi Fani-kayode‏ Blasts Tanko Yakassai Over Channels Tv Interview - Pictures / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by kahal29: 6:10am On Jan 07, 2016
…Says money was for northern traditional rulers to mobilise their subjects

Elder Statesman, Tanko Yakasai yesterday confirmed that Chief Tony Anenih gave him and eight other prominent Northerners N53m for advocacy visit to northern traditional rulers.

Yakasai said he received the money after Anenih had asked him to suggest nine apolitical but respected individuals from the north who will help mobilize their subjects for hitch free 2015 general election.

In an exclusive chat with Vanguard, Yakassai said that “Yes, myself and 8 others collected N53m from Chief Tony Anenih to pay advocacy visit to prominent northern emirs to mobilise their subjects for a hitch-free 2015 general elections.”

One of the named beneficiaries, Chief John Mankilik has denied knowledge of the source of the money.

The former Special Adviser to President Shehu Shagari declared that the N53m disbursed to his team by the former Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) leader catered for the group’s members allowances, transportation and accommodation on a tour that took them to 18 states in the north.

Yakasai, who vehemently denied linkage between the fund and campaigns for former President Jonathan, listed former minister of state, Foreign Affairs, Alhaji Mamman Anka, Barrister Bitrus Gwada and Alhaji Suleiman Lawal as beneficiaries of Anenih’s largesse.
Other top respected northern individual, according to him that benefited from the largess included Dr Bahago, Chief John Macklink from Plateau, and Senator Sodangi.

Yakasai had last week denied ever receiving financial patronage from the Jonathan administration in an interview with Vanguard.

He had, in the interview, said; “I want to make it categorically clear that no officials of the last regime either Mr. Jonathan, his lieutenant, agents, contractors or person having links or relationship with the last administration gave me cash on behalf of that regime.”
Yakasai, who celebrated his 90th birthday last year disclosed that they visited the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, the emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris and the emir of Gwandu.

Others visited were the emirs of Anka, Ilorin, Nassarawa, Minnie, Bauchi, Zuru, Kebbi, Katsina, Dutse, Hadejia and representatives of emir of Daurawa.

Also visited were the Tor Tiv, the Gwom Gbom Jos, Ohimege Igu, Kotonkarfe, Etsu of Abaji, Etsu Nupe and Atta Igala.

But the Secretary of the Committee, Chief John Mankilik, when contacted by Vanguard yesterday denied knowing the source of the fund or how it was spent.

According him, “I was in the Committee, he (Yakassai) was the Chairman and I was the Secretary. He never gave me any money except when we were traveling, he only gave us the money we needed for the journey.

“He never told me the source of the money or how he was spending it, he was the one who knew everything, he should explain how he spent whatever was given to him.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-8-other-prominent-northerners-collected-n53m-from-anenih-yakassai/
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by nduchucks: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2016
FFK & Okupe, you people should please start perfecting your stories. we know say una too collect blood money for campaign. barayi banza

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by Mrfahaz(m): 6:19am On Jan 07, 2016
this one you are calling traditional rulers .......hope they no follow Chof yam...... grin
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by disloman(m): 6:22am On Jan 07, 2016
We are in the season of self-confession.Make una dey confess the more ooooo.The work. Load of the EFCC will reduces.

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by phemmie06(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2016
It is quite a pity that memory failed Yakassai, that was why he denied the fact he collected the money. He said it was for a special assignment and the source of the money was not known. Tomorrow he will tell us he was only told it was the leftover from the ammunition procurement. Or his money owed him when his boss was in office
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by modath(f): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2016
kahal29:
…Says money was for northern traditional rulers to mobilise their subjects
Elder Statesman, Tanko Yakasai yesterday confirmed that Chief Tony Anenih gave him and eight other prominent Northerners N53m for advocacy visit to northern traditional rulers.
Yakasai said he received the money after Anenih had asked him to suggest nine apolitical but respected individuals from the north who will help mobilize their subjects for hitch free 2015 general election.
In an exclusive chat with Vanguard, Yakassai said that “Yes, myself and 8 others collected N53m from Chief Tony Anenih to pay advocacy visit to prominent northern emirs to mobilise their subjects for a hitch-free 2015 general elections.”/

Euphemism for voter inducement!!

@ abduljabbar4 & idisuleourown you follow collect ? grin

BTW, where is quotasystem ?

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2016
I thought this guy said he didn't know where it came from?

What annoys me the most is that the wailers will still defend these hypocrital unrepentant thieves
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by kokoA(m): 6:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Baba dey on his own, some people carry torch light dey find him trouble.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 6:40am On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

gringrin I'm just wondering whether the money was meant for campaigns or for arms purchase. I knew there had to be something fishy about gejs reluctance to fight boko haram right from the start. While people were dying, he only saw it as an opportunity to loot funds and use it for his campaigns

2 Likes

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by olumide81(m): 6:50am On Jan 07, 2016
now I understand why baba requested for more prison...
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 6:52am On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

Relax, the duaran will soon declare that a war against these nine prominent northerners is a war against islam...

And this is a witch-hunting, the same method Amaechi used river's embezzled funds to polished Buhari's amaurotic election. And now he's a saint and had never had any petition from the court... Reasons he appointed them ministers.

Your political prowess is demised and unacceptable, especially on the traded path and views. Common reasoning is quite difficult for you to bear.... How will you support a man who doesn't add up to the affairs of this country.

Look around, there are no jobs anymore. Families are crumbling. Youths don't get enough to stand up and make families of their own. Average Nigerians are suffering. We hear lies everyday from the party. We're not properly guided. Even your comments are fictitious and with hopes... Hopes that will never come to pass... I'm a victim of 1985 and you wouldn't want to experience the tyrancy my family experienced.

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by modath(f): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

gringrin I'm just wondering whether the money was meant for campaigns or for arms purchase. I knew there had to be something fishy about gejs reluctance to fight boko haram right from the start. While people were dying, he only saw it as an opportunity to loot funds and use it for his campaigns

Hero knew what he was doing, it is setting the nation right & blocking leakages that was beyond him, hiding in plain sight to coordinate devastation, he was a real Pro!

The pretentious monster allowed the carnage to fester in order to plunder without any restraint!! Thought oh , " free money & they also decimate themselves as bonus"

Evil & divisive man, he exacerbated the latent differences in the country with his divisive & inflammatory statements & insinuations... Will take providence & grace of God to heal the national wounds his campaign of hate & calumny!

Evil is PDP, PDP is evil..

RIP Gen Owoye Patrick Azazi " PDP is Boko Haram"..

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

GEJ did all he could and you never saw anything good in his incumbency and now you seek a supportive hand for Buhari.. How will you say GEJ felt reluctant to fight Boko haram? Ok... Let's say buhari isn't feeling reluctant to fight boko haram, have you any difference between the killings during GEJ time and now? Aren't there still bombings and killings? The promised to eliminate and the return of the chibok girls have gone extinct... You're not justifying your conscience brother.

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

[s]Relax, the duaran will soon declare that a war against these nine prominent northerners is a war against islam...

And this is a witch-hunting, the same method Amaechi used river's embezzled funds to polished Buhari's amaurotic election. And now he's a saint and had never had any petition from the court... Reasons he appointed them ministers.

Your political prowess is demised and unacceptable, especially on the traded path and views. Common reasoning is quite difficult for you to bear.... How will you support a man who doesn't add up to the affairs of this country.

Look around, there are no jobs anymore. Families are crumbling. Youths don't get enough to stand up and make families of their own. Average Nigerians are suffering. We hear lies everyday from the party. We're not properly guided. Even your comments are fictitious and with hopes... Hopes that will never come to pass... I'm a victim of 1985 and you wouldn't want to experience the tyrancy my family experienced.[/s]

I stopped reading as soon as I saw "political witch-hunt" in your post.

Whether the wailers like it or not this nation will progress and thieves will be jailed. Go and hang yourself if you like but it won't change anything

4 Likes

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by Tanyogo(m): 7:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Stories upon stories.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by Agimor(m): 7:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Nobody is going down alone name all your accomplices.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by modath(f): 7:02am On Jan 07, 2016
@ yanabasee ,

I don't have a problem with mentions as long as the person is intelligent, articulate & can hold his/her own!!!

Da fuq you wasted time & energy to type Can you even make head or tails of that Swerve abeg!!
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I stopped reading as soon as I saw "political witch-hunt" in your post.

Whether the wailers like it or not this nation will progress and thieves will be jailed. Go and hang yourself if you like but it won't change anything

It'll CHANGE everything when you inversely start wailing.... You think you're happy with this administration? I think you're letting politics to rule you....

Have u gone out to see how life's become miserable to youths?
Asking the ministries to cut down their expenses will make all ministries to cut down their staffs. And coupled with the already overwhelming unemployment and lack of employable companies in the country... Youths have now plunged to stealing and robbery.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

GEJ did all he could and you never saw anything good in his incumbency and now you seek a supportive hand for Buhari.. How will you say GEJ felt reluctant to fight Boko haram? Ok... Let's say buhari isn't feeling reluctant to fight boko haram, have you any difference between the killings during GEJ time and now? Aren't there still bombings and killings? The promised to eliminate and the return of the chibok girls have gone extinct... You're not justifying your conscience brother.

Even a new born baby knows that the bombings have reduced. Before they were everywhere in the north but today they are limitted to not even the main cities of borno but to villages and forests.

Gej himself shamelessly and publicly told the north that he underrated boko haram. Keeping quiet would have been better for him.

Guy forget, gej could have defeated boko haram if he really wanted to. He just preferred to steal the money and let the northerners die since they are not his brothers.
modath:

Hero knew what he was doing, it is setting the nation right & blocking leakages that was beyond him, hiding in plain sight to coordinate devastation, he was a real Pro!
The pretentious monster allowed the carnage to fester in order to plunder without any restraint!! Thought oh , " free money & they also decimate themselves as bonus"
Evil & divisive man, he exacerbated the latent differences in the country with his divisive & inflammatory statements & insinuations... Will take providence & grace of God to heal the national wounds his campaign of hate & calumny!
Evil is PDP, PDP is evil..
RIP Gen Owoye Patrick Azazi " PDP is Boko Haram"..

And till today you see the wailers calling Buhari a tribalist. Namadi sambo during their campaigns openly told us not to vote APC because osinbajo is a pastor and then went to the south to tell people that Buhari wants to Islamize the north. Its just shameful

2 Likes

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

It'll CHANGE everything when you inversely start wailing.... You think you're happy with this administration? I think you're letting politics to rule you....

Have u gone out to see how life's become miserable to youths?
Asking the ministries to cut down their expenses will make all ministries to cut down their staffs. And coupled with the already overwhelming unemployment and lack of employment companies in the countries... Youths have now plunged to stealing and robbery.

I'm not looking at what is currently happening now I'm looking at roots of the problem, if you know what I mean wink

1 Like

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 7:15am On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

@ yanabasee ,

I don't have a problem with mentions as long as the person is intelligent, articulate & can hold his/her own!!!

Da fuq you wasted time & energy to type Can you even make head or tails of that Swerve abeg!!

And I didn't mention you becoz u're intelligent or something... I mentioned you becoz u need a brain surgery... If comprehension is rightly an issue... Articulation is your weak point then....

Telling me to swerve simply means you're a coward... Deal with it, I'm no bête noire.

Buhari is a scam and these nine prominent northerners will be saint and will have no court petition against them, except they do not support Buhari.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

I'm not looking at what is currently happening now I'm looking at roots of the problem, if you know what I mean wink

And you know what laying a bad foundation from the root does? It doesn't speak volume of the outcome... This administration is laying a very bad foundation for you and me... The outcome you're seeking will make you to wail minutely... And it won't be funny! You actually don't know the height of deceit we've been fed since the party took off.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

And you know what laying a bad foundation from the root does? It doesn't speak volume of the outcome... This administration is laying a very bad foundation for you and me... The outcome you're seeking will make you to wail minutely... And it won't be funny! You actually don't know the height of deceit we've been fed since the party took off.

Yeah, because there is no free pdp bag of rice right?
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Yeah, because there is no free pdp bag of rice right?

No! Because there is no future for you and me... You might be sounding optimistic becoz u're a northerner and as such have political father who will make things work out for you in a long run... What about those who doesn't have this privilege that you're having? Have you thought of how they'll survived?

Very recent, we've been told that the vigilante who assisted/assisting the Nigerian armies to fight Boko haram have been recruited into the military. Same reason the president indirectly pushed the defence headquarters to Maiduguri so he'd single handedly recruit northerners with no certificates into the military. While there are lots of able youths acros the country that seeks this same opportunity and are turned down. But you guys have it at a plater.

I'm not being tribalistic... My point is, all youths deserve a fair treatment and equal opportunity.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by modath(f): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

And I didn't mention you becoz I'm intelligent or something... I mentioned you becoz i need a brain surgery... If comprehension is rightly an issue... Articulation is my weak point then.... I accept & will try to choose my battles in the future..

I will swerve cos I'm a major coward... Je suis bête noire, J'ai une maladie et malhereux

I'm deeply obsessed with Buhari cos of something that occured in 1985 & i feel deeply aggrieved about,

God will help my embittered & troubled soul.. amen

I have modified for you, thank me later!!

BTW, i am not the kind to quake at the slightest tupsy turvy.. Not all females are weak minded! Now run along & find a tyre to roll down your street.. wink
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 7:41am On Jan 07, 2016
modath:

I have modified for you, thank me later!!

BTW, i am not the kind to quake at the slightest tupsy turvy.. Not all females are weak minded! Now run along & find a tyre to roll down your street.. wink

You're a coward!.... Last bullet.
Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by modath(f): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

I still remain a coward & have decided to ferme ma bouche wink!.... Last bullet.

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by abduljabbar4(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2016
yanabasee:

No! Because there is no future for you and me... You might be sounding optimistic becoz u're a northerner and as such have political father who will make things work out for you in a long run... What about those who doesn't have this privilege that you're having? Have you thought of how they'll survived?

Very recent, we've been told that the vigilante who assisted/assisting the Nigerian armies to fight Boko haram have been recruited into the military. Same reason the president indirectly pushed the defence headquarters to Maiduguri so he'd single handedly recruit northerners with no certificates into the military. While there are lots of able youths acros the country that seeks this same opportunity and are turned down. But you guys have it at a plater.

I'm not being tribalistic... My point is, all youths deserve a fair treatment and equal opportunity.

First they have not yet been recruited and secondly, these people have clearly proved to deserve it. The army is not all about your education but your willingness to sacrifise your life for the nation. Have you so suddenly forgotten how soldiers wore civilian clothes and ran out of Borno due to lack of good weapons and here are some illiterates fighting boko haram with sticks and cutlasses and detecting bombs.

You don't always have to wait for the government to give you a job. You can try and get some loan and with hardwork and dedication you will become the next Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: I And 8 Other Prominent Northerners Collected N53m From Anenih— Yakassai by yanabasee(m): 8:00am On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

First they have not yet been recruited and secondly, these people have clearly proved to deserve it. The army is not all about your education but your willingness to sacrifise your life for the nation. Have you so suddenly forgotten how soldiers wore civilian clothes and ran out of Borno due to lack of good weapons and here are some illiterates fighting boko haram with sticks and cutlasses and detecting bombs.

You don't always have to wait for the government to give you a job. You can try and get some loan and with hardwork and dedication you will become the next Dangote.

Becoz of lack of weapons? Why lack of good weapons? I thought a fight against BH is also a fight against the entire northern state? So you expected the military to fight them with weapons?

Have you gone around the country to know how many people who have staked their lives to fight criminals or other strong gangs? Why haven't they been recruited into the Nigerian police? If that's the norm according to your premise.

Loan? Lol.... You really don't know a thing about loaning, do you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Spits Fire On National Assembly Leaders / PHOTOS: "Buhari Free Nnamdi Kanu" Written On Naira Notes Dispensed By ATM / Innoson Vs GTB: How Does A Private Commercial Matter Becomes EFCC Case? - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.