Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,518 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media (3315 Views)

I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday / 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media / Reasons You Should Never FORCE A Relationship On A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Edipee(m): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mznaett:
Hmmmmlipsrsealed
hmmmm for what? Move on dear. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Your post about our relationship reaffirmed my trust for you. Don't be perturbed, I'm solidly behind you, my love.
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Decker:

One of this advantages is that it sends a message to people that you are off limits, that they should back off, because you are in a relationship with someone. There are various people on the internet, most especially men, who derive pleasure and their share of fun from preying on various ladies. You see them asking them to send them nude pictures, stalking them and using various other mean to get their attention, to the extent that it becomes a constant burden for these ladies. If such lady posts pictures of her spouse on social media, these kind of predators would have no option but to hunt somewhere else. Also, when you flaunt your relationship on social media, it gives you some sort of confidence and assurance in yourself and in your relationship. It makes it harder for you to cheat on your partner. It's like preaching the gospel in public. It makes it more difficult for you to sin or do something that contradicts what you preach because almost everyone knows you as a preacher, the same applies with flaunting your relationship on social media, because you know that if you are unfaithful, not only would it spread like wild fire, it is also extremely demeaning and embarrassing.

Flaunting or broadcasting your relationships online is the height of immaturity and childishness. While I agree that if you are in an exclusive relationship in the real world, then you ought to indicate that in the social media. But, that 's about it. No need to flaunt or parade it.

However, indicating your relationship status, does not necessarily prevent misbehaviors either; just like people deviate in relationships in real life even when everyone is aware, it will happen in social media. Even nowadays, wearing wedding rings mean very little.

When you feel the need to 'show case' your relationship to prove something or keep off all others, then something is off somewhere in the relationship.

It takes an enormous amount of trust and accountability to be able to maintain a sense of relationship decency off line or online when you are in an exclusively defined relationship.

Same going applies both in virtual and real world: KEEP YOUR PRVIATE LIFE PRIVATE. period, full stop. No good comes out of publicized relationships. None.
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
Intimate kind Huh??undecidedcheesy

Why?wink
You Said Something On Flirtation! Nice Thoughts/Moves Crossed My Mind... wink
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by tpia1billion: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Decker:
In as much as flaunting your relationship online has it's disadvantages, like you rightly stated, we shouldn't forget that it also has it advantages.

One of this advantages is that it sends a message to people that you are off limits, that they should back off, because you are in a relationship with someone.

There are various people on the internet, most especially men, who derive pleasure and their share of fun from preying on various ladies. You see them asking them to send them nude pictures, stalking them and using various other mean to get their attention, to the extent that it becomes a constant burden for these ladies. If such lady posts pictures of her spouse on social media, these kind of predators would have no option but to hunt somewhere else.

Also, when you flaunt your relationship on social media, it gives you some sort of confidence and assurance in yourself and in your relationship. It makes it harder for you to cheat on your partner. It's like preaching the gospel in public. It makes it more difficult for you to sin or do something that contradicts what you preach because almost everyone knows you as a preacher, the same applies with flaunting your relationship on social media, because you know that if you are unfaithful, not only would it spread like wild fire, it is also extremely demeaning and embarrassing.

this is fantasy though.
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
PunterTim:
You Said Something On Flirtation! Nice Thoughts/Moves Crossed My Mind... wink
shockedshockedshocked
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
shockedshockedshocked
I Could Plug Something Into Dat Mouthhole And You Choke On It,Haha!
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by TimothyNkenu: 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecidedI couldn't agree more!undecided

Showcasing your relationships Online is Just Sad...Unconsciously Creating room for unnecessary "Jealousy"..lipsrsealed

it's just like rubbing it in Your face! ''Yes, You're single n I've found Love...Deal with it, I win....!"

I'd probably flirt With Your bf To prove A Point!gringrin sorry biitches!wink

I love a lil flaunting - shows exclusivity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Lied / Boyfriend Always Dozes Off When I Visit? / See How This Lady Congratulates Baby Daddy Who Just Had His Introduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.