Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,657 members, 7,937,954 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. (2715 Views)

Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" / My Driver Ran Mad After Eating My Wife’s Food – Pastor / My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Mamaejime: 11:13am On Jan 07, 2016
So I stopped my twin babies (boy n girl) from bottle feeding after they had a little stomach upset. Now I have to force them to eat with spoon and plate but I am frustrated n going crazy. They just won't eat. My boy is even better than his sister n I almost smacked her today. Pls if u have experience with this help me before I run mad. If she manages to eat a little she throws it all up. HELP ME.
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2016
She may be growing new teeth
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by thorpido(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2016
If bottle is what they like,why stop them?What you need to pay attention to is the treatment of the bottles.How do you clean them?Bottle feeding can cause gastroenteritis but with adequate cleaning,you don't have to worry about that.
You also need to pay attention to what they want to eat,toddlers can be selective.Just try to balance their diet.
You could also give something to stimulate their appetite like multivitamins.

3 Likes

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by timawoku(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Mamaejime:
So I stopped my twin babies (boy n girl) from bottle feeding after they had a little stomach upset. Now I have to force them to eat with spoon and plate but I am frustrated n going crazy. They just won't eat. My boy is even better than his sister n I almost smacked her today. Pls if u have experience with this help me before I run mad. If she manages to eat a little she throws it all up. HELP ME.
my sister it could quite frustrating!

Please give them multivitamins, it worked for my kids...
Then try any of these
1) Marshed potatos
2) Blended peeled apples and pawpaw
3) If in Nigeria, try yellow pap or millet (oka baba) with baby milk (preferably peak milk 0-12 months)
4) Marshed yam and butter
5) Baby food (preferably friso gold or sma gold)
Etc...
Bottom line is you keep trying till you will find what suits them. You go spend money sha o, but it will pay at the long run.
Note: don't fret, lot of Babies do this, stay calm, Oluwa is involved.cheers!

2 Likes

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by blessedtwins: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
The question is are they refusing to eat because its offered with spoon and plate or they dont like the food you are offering?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Cutehector(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nigerian mothers and their impatience in handling babies! Why will u almost smack d baby for smth dat is totally ur fault? Jeez.

4 Likes

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by GodnGold: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
When did you notice this change? Is this particular to a kind of food? Are you still breast feeding her? Do you give her abidec? Is she weak due to this? Please answer the above questions. We take it from there.
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hang in there... It's just a phrase that will come to pass. Kpele. I experienced this with my son. Very frustrating
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by bennyrazz: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
so you want to run mad if you see mad people, do you admire them? @op, be careful with negative words you use against yourself & twins and @ 9months you should still be breastfeeding them. It helps in mental development, physical development of babies. It also makes them attached to their mothers.

2 Likes

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by allycat: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Bakes need milk till they are 1 year old, lots of milk. The food you are giving them is alien to them and they need time to adjust and learn the textures. The more you try and force them the more they resist. I even breastfed one of mine til 22 months and expressed for his twin till 14months. Thank God we have never been to hospital for more than immunization and a domestic accident. We only had 1 episode of diarrhea when we travelled to the village and they are over 3 now. The important thing is cleaning their bottles, do it yourself. If electricity is good at your end you can also use your microwave to sterilizer them every night before going to bed. Again never make milk in advance, measure the powder into the empty bottles and the keep hot water handy in a flask. If they just drink a little and you don't want to throw the rest away. change the teat to a new one and put in the fridge but make sure you don't reward it more than once and throw it away if it's more than 3 hours from when you first made it. All this while slowly introduce them to solids without a fuss. When they start eating you will be the one to shout they eat too much. Take this both from a health proffesional and an older mum. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by allycat: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
pardon the typos I am typing and struggling with one guy that wants to help me grin

1 Like

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Mamaejime: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ure all wonderful don't mind my language as am tired. I do it all myself and its first issue. I read thoroughly all the advice and I will look into them. May God bless you all. Happy new year
allycat:
Bakes need milk till they are 1 year old, lots of milk. The food you are giving them is alien to them and they need time to adjust and learn the textures. The more you try and force them the more they resist. I even breastfed one of mine til 22 months and expressed for his twin till 14months. Thank God we have never been to hospital for more than immunization and a domestic accident. We only had 1 episode of diarrhea when we travelled to the village and they are over 3 now. The important thing is cleaning their bottles, do it yourself. If electricity is good at your end you can also use your microwave to sterilizer them every night before going to bed. Again never make milk in advance, measure the powder into the empty bottles and the keep hot water handy in a flask. If they just drink a little and you don't want to throw the rest away. change the teat to a new one and put in the fridge but make sure you don't reward it more than once and throw it away if it's more than 3 hours from when you first made it. All this while slowly introduce them to solids without a fuss. When they start eating you will be the one to shout they eat too much. Take this both from a health proffesional and an older mum. Good luck!
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by susubrown(f): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2016
allycat:

Pls how do u use the microwave to sterlize the bottles,do u just put it in,or maybe add some thing else to it.
I usually wash and soak in hot water till the next day.does that have any negative effect
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by allycat: 11:12am On Jan 09, 2016
I found a microwave sterilizer bowl in a shop but most times I just put about 200mls of water in a bowl and turned my bottles upside down with the teats inside after washing. I then set it on the highest and microwaved for 5 minutes. I made a few holes in the cover of the bowl for steam to escape. I also used waterguard solution to soak them during the day. A small bottle costs N150 and lasts a long time if you follow the instructions. Always use tongs to remove them never your hands so you don't contaminate th clean bottles.
Then I cannot emphasize hand washing. Anybody including yourself must wash their hands before feeding your kids, don't just pass them to anybody to help you feed them. Same for anybody making their milk or food. That little act saves lives.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by LegatusGlaber(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
Nigerian mothers and their impatience in handling babies! Why will u almost smack d baby for smth dat is totally ur fault? Jeez.

We do not expect a bachelor living with his parents to understand the machinations of raising children.

1 Like

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Cutehector(m): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2016
LegatusGlaber:

We do not expect a bachelor living with his parents to understand the machinations of raising children.
I also do not expect and old man living in the village to have sense!
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
Cutehector:
I also do not expect and old man living in the village to have sense!

grin grin grin
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Onegai(f): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
allycat:
I found a microwave sterilizer bowl in a shop but most times I just put about 200mls of water in a bowl and turned my bottles upside down with the teats inside after washing. I then set it on the highest and microwaved for 5 minutes. I made a few holes in the cover of the bowl for steam to escape. I also used waterguard solution to soak them during the day. A small bottle costs N150 and lasts a long time if you follow the instructions. Always use tongs to remove them never your hands so you don't contaminate th clean bottles.
Then I cannot emphasize hand washing. Anybody including yourself must wash their hands before feeding your kids, don't just pass them to anybody to help you feed them. Same for anybody making their milk or food. That little act saves lives.

You're a real Professional Mummy grin

Please, what do I do about my 6+ month baby who's refusing to drink formula? We've changed her formulas (Gerber, Enfamil, FrisoGold) and still nothing. Her pediatrician and other doctors say she's fine, because she's hitting all her developmental milestones but she's a bit underweight (50th percentile and slightly lower). She will eat the most inappropriate foods (she just started hating Cerelac and most cereals but loves boiled potatoes, fried potato chips, garden eggs and frozen purees Apples n Bananas). She apparently prefers us feeding her from a finger than a spoon (becuase she will fight us tooth and nail to get that spoon for playing).
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by d25(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Maybe you can try the attached food for your baby. My daughter will be 7 months next week, my wife has been doing exclusive breastfeeding for her since she was born but we do give her Similac formula whenever we are not home. Couple of weeks ago, she stopped taking the formula and we switched to Gerber Oatmeal cereal.

You should try the Gerber Oatmeal cereal for your baby, I'm sure your baby will like it. Should in case you want to buy the Gerber baby food, please don't buy the Gerber rice cereal, the Gerber rice cereal may cause constipation for your baby.

I hope this will help your baby, Onegai.

1 Like

Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by Onegai(f): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
d25:
Maybe you can try the attached food for your baby. My daughter will be 7 months next week, my wife has been doing exclusive breastfeeding for her since she was born but we do give her Similac formula whenever we are not home. Couple of weeks ago, she stopped taking the formula and we switched to Gerber Oatmeal cereal.

You should try the Gerber Oatmeal cereal for your baby, I'm sure your baby will like it. Should in case you want to buy the Gerber baby food, please don't buy the Gerber rice cereal, the Gerber rice cereal may cause constipation for your baby.

I hope this will help your baby, Onegai.

Thanks! Please where did you get that? I can get a can and if she likes it, I can buy plums and puree it. And I'll keep an eye out for Gerber Oatmeal too.

I just took a proper look at the picture, those are prunes. Where did you find this, because it's so tough to get in Lagos. Abeg help a sister out.
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by allycat: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
For some unexplained reason some children just want to eat adult food once they taste it while others destiny it. She needs milk yes but she won't take it. Feed her with a wide variety of food to make sure she is getting valuable nutrients and try and sneak milk into as many as possible. If she eats rice, look for recipees for rice pudding. Mash potatoes with milk, if she will eat creaks like coco pops even better once they are in milk. I had to express for one year because one of my twins wouldn't breast feed and wouldn't take formula. If she is in the 50th percentile she is doing great. She will catch up and overtake her mates then you will complain she eats too much grin
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by allycat: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
There is a small shop at Mende, Maryland by Suya spot onSunmola shop. I can't remember the name but she tends to have a wide variety of baby foods.
Re: My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. by d25(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
Onegai:

Thanks! Please where did you get that? I can get a can and if she likes it, I can buy plums and puree it. And I'll keep an eye out for Gerber Oatmeal too.

I just took a proper look at the picture, those are prunes. Where did you find this, because it's so tough to get in Lagos. Abeg help a sister out.

I think if you look out for some powerful stores that specialize in baby food, you should be able to find it. I bought those ones at Walmart. You may also check amazon.com, maybe you can order them online.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Limbless Pastor, Nick Vujicic & Wife Welcomes Twins! / Hh / BIZARRE! 10-years-old Boy Having Carnal Knowledge Of A Goat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.