Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

Private Partnerships And Local Collaboration In Our Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Partnerships And Local Collaboration In Our Development (344 Views)

The Dearth Of Competency And Its Resultant Effect In Our Development / Kano Vigilantes And Local Thugs Clash In A Community. Photos / Stimulate Partnerships And Accreditation In Technical Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Private Partnerships And Local Collaboration In Our Development by Eddygourdo(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Since i parked into our family house in 1998, the road leading to a particular junction has been an eye sore, its so shameful that driving past that road in rainy season will leave one in tears and confusion as to whether u rather purchased a canoe. I visited this xmas and to my surprise i met a tarred road , done prpperly with interlocking coal tar bricks. I was marvelled. Upon inquiry i found it the road was tarred by local collaboration of residents within that locale
Do you know the number of presidents , governors and local govt chairmen who had existed between 1998 till today ? Or the fact i already met the road that way in 1998.
Look around at the typical nigerian, we build our houses for shelter, we dig our boreholes and wells for water, we generate our own electricity by generators, we provide our own security by employing community night watchmen because the police are untrustworthy.
A typical nigerian is a gpvernment to himself and constantly our elected officials keep failing in delivering the dividends od democracy to us.

I really have become a proponent of local collaboration to drive development in nigeria. Rather than pay taxes to any state , i rather pay it in a community development initiative ,whoch will directly affect me in my community.
What do you think
Re: Private Partnerships And Local Collaboration In Our Development by mikolo80: 7:49am On Jan 08, 2016
yep
churches could build industrial Parks while cooperatives could farm with tractors

1 Like

Re: Private Partnerships And Local Collaboration In Our Development by Eddygourdo(m): 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
mikolo80:
yep
churches could build industrial Parks while cooperatives could farm with tractors
exactly, the churches have a major role to play here, by the way they have ten percent of most peoples salaries. Rather than building more schools and creating more unemployed graduates, why not build industries to employ many on skilled and semi skilled platforms, there is no restaurant that will serve one food simply by presenting ur certificates to it. I have had this idea about churches for a long time but kept it to myself lest am branded to be attacked the " anointed ones"

(1) (Reply)

Metuh: ‘holding Charge Illegal’- Pdp Tells Efcc, Fg / Must Read!! Top 10 Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos / Politics In Nigeria: Issues And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.