Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? (787 Views)

UBA Staff Sleeping With My Sister's Husband, Sends Him Her Nudes - Nigerian Man / Is There Anything Wrong If Your Housegirl Is Sitting Like This? (photo) / Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by RothmasPop: 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/01/07/advice-me-is-it-wrong-if-i-get-married-to-my-late-sisters-husband/

I know my story sounds like something that many people have heard in times past before but really it is troubling me. I am a spinster of thirty-two years old and my love for Literature made me join your channel. I must say that you guys are doing a great job by the way.

I used to have a twin sister who passed away in the early months of 2015 after about three years of marriage. Before her death, I was a regular visitor at her house and have a cordial relationship with her husband. The death of my sister came as a result of child birth and I took over taking care of her baby boy that she left behind. My taking care of the boy also mean’t that I put my own life on pause and started living with my late sister’s husband in order to be able to take care of the boy.

You might ask why we didn’t take the boy away to nurture him but her husband insisted that the baby was all of my sister that he had left and could not bear to be parted with him. I settled into the place of my sister and soon found myself cooking his meal, washing his clothes and taking care of the house and life soon went back to normal.

In November however, he started making advances towards me saying that I a a good woman and he sees no reason why we can not get married. I have not looked at him romantically before this time but when he brought up the issue of marriage, I began to see him in this light.

I have not been married before and I want to know if it would be a bad thing if I got married to my late sister’s husband and our father is late so I wouldn’t want to do anything that would upset our aged mother.

Please what do you think I can do?

http://penastory.com/2016/01/07/advice-me-is-it-wrong-if-i-get-married-to-my-late-sisters-husband/

Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by XOGBADO(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
o yes! Its very wrong

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by olafum1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Though the Bible permitted it in the old dispensation, I can't really say if it's ok now. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by neutrotoba(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by debque(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
hmmm
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by ibrutex(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
i cnt say much on this for now......brb
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by SirLegal(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
You have to consider so many factors before deciding whether to accept his proposal or not.

Age is no longer on ur side @32. On this I may say U can go ahead if you genuinely love him.

You ve spent quality time with him and his child in his house since ur sister's demise in which you ve known the type of man he is and also if you two can be compatible together.

Your family "might" not agree on this with you. Just expect it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Solowande(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
don't let people to accuse u of killing ur sister. dis na nigeria movie storyline abi na d new novel u dey write?
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by nwakibe: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
There is nothing wrong in geting married to your late brother's husband. To even think you are 32
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by jasssbabe(f): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Na u kill ur sister?
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by CaroLyner(f): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
1) Do you have other family? How would
they react to this? Would they be accepting (and happy for you), or skeeved out? How much does it matter to you what they think? Are there boundaries there that you are willing to test?
2) You are close, and have helped each other through difficult times. You have shared
pain.
You have bonded. Don't mistake this for
romantic feelings.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by kestolove95(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Go ahead since u won collct wetin ur sis collct..no problem u go tell us why u kill ur twin sister..husband scarce yes..but killing ur sis husband na baddest tin
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by firstking01(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Before i say anytin..,would like to knw wat ur mum is saying in dis situation....cos she has a very big role to play here??
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by futurerex: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by wristbangle: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
It depends on how your family react but to me, it looks somehow.
Re: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by tayejay(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
RothmasPop:

I know my story sounds like something that many people have heard in times past before but really it is troubling me. I am a spinster of thirty-two years old and my love for Literature made me join your channel. I must say that you guys are doing a great job by the way.

I used to have a twin sister who passed away in the early months of 2015 after about three years of marriage. Before her death, I was a regular visitor at her house and have a cordial relationship with her husband. The death of my sister came as a result of child birth and I took over taking care of her baby boy that she left behind. My taking care of the boy also mean’t that I put my own life on pause and started living with my late sister’s husband in order to be able to take care of the boy.

You might ask why we didn’t take the boy away to nurture him but her husband insisted that the baby was all of my sister that he had left and could not bear to be parted with him. I settled into the place of my sister and soon found myself cooking his meal, washing his clothes and taking care of the house and life soon went back to normal.

In November however, he started making advances towards me saying that I a a good woman and he sees no reason why we can not get married. I have not looked at him romantically before this time but when he brought up the issue of marriage, I began to see him in this light.

I have not been married before and I want to know if it would be a bad thing if I got married to my late sister’s husband and our father is late so I wouldn’t want to do anything that would upset our aged mother.

Please what do you think I can do?

If both of u genuinely love each other, I see no problem with getting married.. your sister died abt 3 years ago, which is long enough, and her death ws tru child birth.. it's sad though that she died, RIP, given d situation, I think u are d best choice of wife for d husband provided both of u are in love and not out of pity... partnering wit u, ensures that d baby she left behind recieves utmost and sincere care or attention.. I hope u won't derail... wish u good luck

(1) (Reply)

Picture: Is This Posible With Mellon? / Ladies Does The Size Of Joystick Scare You? / Message To Ladies About Valentine Day : Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.