Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,606 members, 7,934,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:59 PM

US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] (44991 Views)

Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos) / The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by sundoj08(m): 3:15am On Jan 08, 2016
allanphash7:
E se o

Ile ise yin o ni jona o

Amin o grin

1 Like

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by AmiableJay(m): 3:54am On Jan 08, 2016
Now somebody is reasoning exactly like me, but as usual, this warning will be waived aside.
GenBuhari:
I will advise against accepting anything from America, probably fitted with satellite tracking device, and other spying technology, that they would use to defeat our military.

US are behind Boko haram , why making donations now that we have practically defeated Boko haram?

Why didn't they make such donation when GEJ need help and Boko running wild?
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Titihoya: 3:54am On Jan 08, 2016
So you see what the US spends the money allocated to their military on.
But back home, our NSA shares ours out to politicians etc!
Like someone said......that money became "blood money" and all those that had a hand in this must pay the full price for their sins

2 Likes

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by persius555(m): 4:29am On Jan 08, 2016
We shouldnt be in a position to be complaining. Those US made MRAPs are the cheapest in the world. Russian typhoon (though more sophisticated cost 1.5 million dolls a piece.

With 100 milion dollars out of the 2.1 billion dollars that dasuki and PDP stole we can get 200 pieces of this if we want, but then this is nigeria where the high and mighty are the criminals and thieves of the society.
America has over 27,000 variants of MRAPs in its possesion and they have been giving or selling them to military allies and customers who are willing to pay.
The americans are obviously gradually warming up towards us. We should deal with cautiously as they are known to have no permanent friend in international politics. Whoever thought they would be all smiles with iran today after decades of hostility.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Amberon: 4:32am On Jan 08, 2016
you're very correct. They gave Abacha a wall clock and in it was a monitoring device. in fact they were listening to his conversations with it.
GenBuhari:
I will advise against accepting anything from America, probably fitted with satellite tracking device, and other spying technology, that they would use to defeat our military.

US are behind Boko haram , why making donations now that we have practically defeated Boko haram?

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by MistadeRegal(m): 4:41am On Jan 08, 2016
If 24 new ones cost $11million, don't you think Nigeria can afford even if just 12? Because I knew from the start that the cars aren't fully operational that's why I read the article to the end.
Another dumps...
Nigeria...
Which...
Way...
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by iamord(m): 4:56am On Jan 08, 2016
Chinwem:

My dear you should see what they dumped next door in Ghana......... Guantanamo bay detainees linked to Alqaeda are arriving in Accra today after spending 14 years in US custody, they ve now been shipped to Africa as they are so called medium risk ..... Smh

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/06/pentagon-begins-wave-gitmo-transfers-sends-2-detainees-to-ghana.html
before you put the word dump. Know that there was an agreement between both countries.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by akigbemaru: 4:57am On Jan 08, 2016
us donates armored vehicles to Nigeria.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by wirinet(m): 5:02am On Jan 08, 2016
oyb:
the same nigerians who all drive us used cars, use us used phones and who import and flood nigeria with us throway [ every corner in festac is littered with ovrnight traders selling discarded items] are suddenly upset because the US is donating used equipment to us? cheesy

My brother do not mind these wailers. They talk as if Nigeria had ever bought brand new military equipment. Nigeria has been buying tokunbo armoured tanks since the 70's for the price of brand new ones and someone is here complaining about free tokunbo armoured cars. If Dasuki was still NSA, he will just repaint the armoured tanks and collect money for brand new ones.

Nigeria that love tokunbo cars, kitchen appliances, cloths(including pants and bra) are now complaining about tokunbo armoured tanks.

1 Like

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:04am On Jan 08, 2016
GenBuhari:

Its clear you are an illiterate!! fitted with spying gadgets to defeat our military? i think you are a 5 year old? Does any developed country need to spy on you to defeat your ragtag military? Even chad will defeat the Nigerian army, infact the Nigerian army cannot defeat any African country in outright war, or do you think this is chest beating and noise making competition?

Nigeria cannot defeat ordinary Boko Haram you are here beating chest and saying America want to spy on you? Men i think you are not normal, or maybe you drink alcohol a lot?

5 Likes

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by ngoziama: 5:17am On Jan 08, 2016
GenBuhari:
I will advise ajgainst accepting anything from America, probably fitted with satellite tracking device, and other spying technology, that they would use to defeat our military.

Point of correction, technically defeated.
USA, used tracking APCs mmmmmmhhhhh.ok ohhhhhhh but........
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Wow!
I never heard about that. Was it discovered by Abacha and reported in news at the time?

This is why am sickened by this 4 days visit by IMF Chief, as seems like spying mission to work out how to sabotage our economy.

Why would a mere financial institution need to have a 4 day state visit?
Amberon:
you're very correct. They gave Abacha a wall clock and in it was a monitoring device. in fact they were listening to his conversations with it.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Mackson01: 6:00am On Jan 08, 2016
Let us be glad that Buhari us trip is yielding result. Over 30 armoured vehicles is a good start.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by VagileVictor(m): 6:01am On Jan 08, 2016
Is Nigeria a dump site for all manner of waste? It is quite a pity that America keeps sending obsolete equipments to us.
If I were the President, I won't take it.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Amberon: 6:05am On Jan 08, 2016
yes it was discovered by Abacha. He got angry one day and broke it, only to find the device in it. Then he cut ties with them, he sent them a message asking them to stay in their country and that he (Abacha) would stay in his.
GenBuhari:
Wow!
I never heard about that. Was it discovered by Abacha and reported in news at the time?

This is why am sickened by this 4 days visit by IMF Chief, as seems like spying mission to work out how to sabotage our economy.

Why would a mere financial institution need to have a 4 day state visit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Chinwem(f): 6:18am On Jan 08, 2016
iamord:
before you put the word dump. Know that there was an agreement between both countries.

It's a FOS
Get over yourself
Don't be quoting me to tell me theres an agreement ...... Who doesn't know that ?
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by billyG(m): 6:36am On Jan 08, 2016
Soreza:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196345-us-donates-24-used-mine-resistant-vehicles-to-nigeria-2.html#jp-carousel-196347
Good one!d dividend of Baba usa trips,hope d NA will not need N200million to paint it Green.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by bidexiii: 6:36am On Jan 08, 2016
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by sademola: 6:36am On Jan 08, 2016
I hope they are not tracked nor bugged!!!
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by billyG(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2016
GenBuhari:

Gej need help?what of Gej/dasuki money for arm loot.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Olaolufred(m): 6:44am On Jan 08, 2016
GenBuhari:

Goofluck was never ready to fight boko.
Nigerians saw it. The world saw the insincerity.
His commitment was forced 6 weeks to the 2015 general election because his popularity nose-dived in the north and west.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by billyG(m): 6:45am On Jan 08, 2016
VagileVictor:
Is Nigeria a dump site for all manner of waste? It is quite a pity that America keeps sending obsolete equipments to us.
If I were the President, I won't take it.
Can u make a tooth pick?will some one whose house is on fire not accept a tanker of water or fire extinquisher from his enemy?

1 Like

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by RaptorX: 6:53am On Jan 08, 2016
lestat:

Its clear you are an illiterate!! fitted with spying gadgets to defeat our military? i think you are a 5 year old? Does any developed country need to spy on you to defeat your ragtag military? Even chad will defeat the Nigerian army, infact the Nigerian army cannot defeat any African country in outright war, or do you think this is chest beating and noise making competition?

Nigeria cannot defeat ordinary Boko Haram you are here beating chest and saying America want to spy on you? Men i think you are not normal, or maybe you drink alcohol a lot?
That was the silliest crap I have ever read on NL, and a bunch of illiterates were agreeing with him. It's laughable that the US needs to put spying gadgets on some used MRAP in order to defeat the NA, when they have their intelligence agencies like the National geospatial agency spying and monitoring even powerful countries talk less of Nigeria. Instead of them to be grateful for this gift, that is going to save countless life's of soldiers, they are all talking gibberish trying to sound intelligent.
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 08, 2016
US; badt guys.. Brought the one's that are not servicable so their spare part market could get a new boost this new year. Well they did well tho$
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by iamord(m): 7:10am On Jan 08, 2016
Chinwem:

It's a FOS
Get over yourself
Don't be quoting me to tell me theres an agreement ...... Who doesn't know that ?
pls pass your info clearly as it is instead misleading people. Ghana is a sovereign nation. No matter how powerful USA is, they cannot bring such into the country without the countries permission . this is how the news is and not the other way round.. Am not saying am in support of it,
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by ddeola: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2016
God punish satan, BH go hear am
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by mikki123(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2016
Nigeria is free but everywhere the country is in chain...insult
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2016
lestat:

See finishing

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Big insult, my broda. What happen if nigeria build theirs
slowice:
My people if you wnt to give some1 a gift...make it good. Its good that d US wnts to assist our dear cun3 in this fight bt gifting us used n unserviced military vehile is like dashing your friend old dirty cloths n then bragging abt it. This one na insult or wetin? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 08, 2016
Amberon:
yes it was discovered by Abacha. He got angry one day and broke it, only to find the device in it. Then he cut ties with them, he sent them a message asking them to stay in their country and that he (Abacha) would stay in his.

This is the kinda gist that is circulated around pots of BKT or in cheap beer parlours

Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 08, 2016
Re: US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Yari Buys Car For Abba Ahmad Sani Yerima Who Is Set To Wed / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics) / Asari Dokubo On Twitter, ''this Is An Outrage''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.