Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,343 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

Infamous N82million Dinner: Soyinka To Stop The Long Grammar And Defend Yourself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infamous N82million Dinner: Soyinka To Stop The Long Grammar And Defend Yourself (387 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Amaechi And Prof Soyinka At The N82Million Dinner Party - Photos / Amaechi Spent N82million To Host Prof Soyinka To A Dinner - Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Infamous N82million Dinner: Soyinka To Stop The Long Grammar And Defend Yourself by BakaSumtin(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Infamous N82million Dinner: Activist asks Soyinka to stop the long grammar and defend himself

By Sunny Akhigbe

I knew it would come to this! Readers would recall that I had queried Soyinka’s frequent visits to Rivers state, always at the beck and call of Amaechi in the guise of launching one “book fair” or another.

They said they had made PH a UNICEF book capital. When I did in this forum some none entities started insulting a lone voice of reason. I even carried it to the realm of gossip when I asked if Soyinka was so broke that he needed financial rehabilitation.

I did not see any real connection between an intellectual like Soyinka and a debased treacherous politician like Amaechi who at best exhibits halitosis of the intellect. It was so bad that Soyinka appeared like a special assistant to Amaechi, always by him at every occasion.

I have not said here that Soyinka is guilty as charged. The man should please clear his name. This is not the time to speak grammar. Any time Soyinka wants to obfuscate the facts and confuse his readers, he engages in tangled maize of effusive verbiage. This is not the time for rhetorics. Anyone who trades in the dark asked to be cheated

Re: Infamous N82million Dinner: Soyinka To Stop The Long Grammar And Defend Yourself by adioolayi(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Someone organised a luncheon on behalf of another person..and you are asking him to clarify himself.....How By telling the amount that was spent on the luncheon he was not part of the organisers, donors, or any form of committee
Hell no...you people should sound reasonable for once... If there is issues about the amount the rivers govt spent, then they should take Ameachi to court not Soyinka..Soyinka to me has no case to answer

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Live Updates From Bayelsa Electon / Freeze Taunts Ikpeazu To Learn Street Politics From Fayose / Senate Leader Ali Ndume Responds To Rumours Of Missing Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.