Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,013 members, 7,980,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:16 PM

Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War (4209 Views)

#mimikospeaks Attracts Over One Million Online Audience / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / APC Rewards Publisher Of Sahara Reporters With A Mansion Worth $5 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by Hardballer(m): 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by omooloye1(f): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
Now, this is what I call 'Theatre of the Absurd'
$5million for rebranding, sad sad sad sad Nigeria, my Nigeria.
Things won't be like this forever
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by naijaking1: 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
Will it work?
Those online machines-----, what do you call them--o, abuna
Don't they require electricity at some point to work very well
Without constant power supply even to the government house, you see the value of the $5million machine will amount to naughts, eventually undecided
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by joshO: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
I passionately, very pasionately, hate our political leaders! embarassed
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by DisGuy: 4:09pm On Jun 17, 2009
hmm im thinking these wont be nigerians, might be some internation PR agents working with nigerians abroad  tongue
that's why the money is in $$$$  wink
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by utotomi7(m): 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2009
If this plan goes ahead, they will block Nairaland.com to prevent free speach!
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by asha80(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
utotomi7:

If this plan goes ahead, they will block Nairaland.com to prevent free speach!

So i guess Seun should be shivering at the moment.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by DisGuy: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
I dont think they can block nairaland, its server is not in nigeria
they will probably storm nairaland in their hundreds usually with "ive been a big fan of this site but never registered"
they can kidnap him(seun) though grin
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
asha 80:

So i guess Seun should be shivering at the moment.

Probably the dude should start watching his back!! I mean remember what happened with the MUSLIM situation last year?

We are talking $5 million here. That is sort of a BOUNTY on his, and every other Person who operates a site speaking against Yar adua's, head. ROFLMAO!!!! I mean there are folks right here on Nairaland who would willingly give up info on the dude if even 1000th of that amount were offered them.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tpiah: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
nuzo:

@Topic

Why are people surprised by this move?
Though the idea sounds new, it's already being carried out by tpiah, i_laugh and his numerous online IDs. Who doesnt know that these guys are working for the government?

The only difference is that with $5 mil, we will have more of these fake "patriots".

see your head like tpiah and i_laugh.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tpiah: 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ topic

I doubt if $5 million will suffice.

The anti-Nigeria group has much more than that as resources. Think oil income and various 419 and credit card scamming revenue. Not to mention foreign mercenaries who also have an interest in Nigeria.

Follow the money trail. Professional badmouthers have something to gain from doing so. That's why they do it.

I've said it before- oyibos will come and fix your problems for you just like they did in the past. Whatever they start they also stop.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by jammyunn(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
i don't get this at all,
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tunku(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
You are right tpiah. This all effort is an oxymoronic exercise in stupidity. The most virulent anti-nigerian forces are in power in Nigeria and they have much more than 5 million dollars to wage a stupid war against themselves. These are the same people in Aso rock running to Harvard university when their generator stopped working for 10 minutes, 10 whole minutes and its off to Harvard to fix the generator.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by lojik(m): 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
He has done it.

Gullible yar'adull has proven dat he is more of a slowpoke incapable constructive creative leadership. Aside from not making any significant progress since his swearing in, he's now embarking on auctioning the little good image that's left of him.

Let him come and we'll teach him how its done online. Its no man's land here and he's gonna learn dat d hard way.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tpiah: 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
he should borrow a page from the US if he wants to go this internet route.

Anonymous posters arent that hard to track down.

Though knowing naijas, most of them just sing whatever song benefits them at any given time.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by okokomeji: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
Rebranding or other nonsense is crap! We need change of altitude that is just it. Empower the populace, I bet you every good thing follows.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2009
This is likely one of Sahara's dreamed up stories - I seriously doubt if there is a $5m online war being waged by Yar'adua.

Elections in Nigeria are won by rigging supported by a passive electorate. Till those two conditions change, politicians can continue to do as they wish without much regard for what some people are writing. Of course there will be the occasional arrest and harassment (to show they have power) but nothing more than that.

Some bored charlatan might come up with a harebrained scheme to rip off the government, but it won't be $5m. There are people out there willingly singing the government's praises - all they need to do is recruit tumfulu/ajara and pay him enough to change his sunglasses and cap and he will do more than 1000 bloggers can do. grin
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by ebonyking: 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
At a blogging mastermind training that I handled recently.

I told the participants of the need and how to mask themselves if they decide to blog on a topic that is politicized

I am so happy I took those guys through some measures to mask themselves while they blog on such topic.

The morons in the presidency can go on and declare a cyber war on us, but to stop the truth is what they won't.

Rather they will end up steering up young breed of passionate bloggers and web tech whiz.

Someone should rather talk to them O! cool cool cool
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by ow11(m): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
If this story is true then Yar'adua is not as smart as I thought he was. Why can't he provide electricity and see if that would not give him 90% of the vote in 2011. He doesn't need all these online nonsense.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by vigasimple(m): 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2009
ow11:

If this story is true then Yar'adua is not as smart as I thought he was. Why can't he provide electricity and see if that would not give him 90% of the vote in 2011. He doesn't need all these online nonsense.

I am surprised you think YAR A'CLUELESS is smart, If he is , he will NOT have spent 2 years still reading his handover files, making noises about
7 POINTLESS AGENDA, VISIONLESS 2020. REBRANDING AND REPACKAGING.

He has been the CEO of KATSINA state for 8 years, so therefore he has or should have executive experience to graduate from running a state to Running 36 states.( OBJ methodology here is right)

Evidence and facts after 2 years have proven not only does his academic qualification is questionable but whether he has acquire any useful experience in KATSINA STATE that make him capable of running Nigeria.

Compare and contrast that with FASHOLA in LAGOS STATE, as the 7UP soft drink advert used to say, THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR. One is seriously thinking about solutions, the other is a bloody fool.

YAR A'FAILURE IS THE HEAD OF A DO NOTHING PARTY. After 10 years of PDP, all they can offer Nigerians is bird watching and cyber spying when they can fix power, and they simply become hero.

FASHOLA clear Oshodi to alleviate commuters problem, he became a sensation,  SOLVE PROBLEM don't add to it.

YAR A'DULL only know how to add to Nigerians problem. Period. The man is  A FOOL, you can take that to the bank, you will get paid for it.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by slimfine(f): 5:04am On Jun 18, 2009
this Yar'dua of a guy angry
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by informat09(m): 6:02am On Jun 18, 2009
if this story about the online war is true , i can't wait for these faceless bloggers to bring it on.nairalanders watch out for bloggers like bigb1 who coincidentally is a big fan and disciple of IBB.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tpiah: 6:12am On Jun 18, 2009
informat09:

if this story about the online war is true , i can't wait for these faceless bloggers to bring it on.nairalanders watch out for bloggers like bigb1 who coincidentally is a big fan and disciple of IBB.

so because IBB isnt on your approved list of heroes, anyone who you think is IBB's fan, automatically becomes a criminal, right?

so what's the vetted list of Nairaland Nigerian heroes so we can all know to dance, sing and ululate whenever their names are mentioned?
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 18, 2009
bathroom, loo, gents etc, no matter how much you tried to funkify toilet's name , it will mean the same thing ! yar'dull ,yardiot,yardumb !
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 18, 2009
give us electricity and nigeria will rebrand herself and you will become a hero . cheesy
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by Jakumo(m): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2009
informat09:

The Big Bee will not allow this invocation of his name go unchallenged. Stand by for incoming mortar fire.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by dedeike: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2009
Yar'Adua's shit cannot be deodorised.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by kodewrita(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2009
I still dont understand the typical naija programmer. Yaradua launches a $5 million for you people and the best you can do is agitate instead of finding ways to chop. what stops u from doing that and then going to the opposition to build something else?

Besides, Great Firewalls (Like the one in china) dont really work except for the incompetent and the non-savvy people. Check the recent Twitter revolution in Iran where people are using web proxies to bypass Iranian filters and also using anti filters. It just cant be stopped.

Besides if they make us angry, we can take down those sites any given day. A DDos only requires knowledge of javascript, page refreshes, HTTP requests and social networking nowadays. All in a day's work. grin Tue
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by tpiah: 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
kodewrita:

I still dont understand the typical naija programmer. Yaradua launches a $5 million for you people and the best you can do is agitate instead of finding ways to chop. what stops u from doing that and then going to the opposition to build something else?

of course no be today naijas dey talk from both sides of the mouth.

They'll sing whichever tune is in vogue.
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by DrLorenz1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2009
@post

However true or false it may be, there're some things to consider,

1. The original post said that top sources of the federal government told saharareport.com that it is one of the major news agency being targeted. If that is true, i don't seriously think that they'd be told of a move like that. Even if they did, are they the only ones saying things about Nigeria? No!. Y didn't the said sources in the federal government tell other major news agency that they were on the list? I wonder,

2. Forums and blogs have been talking about the fed. government for years. If the fed. government wanted to shut them down, don't you think they'd have done so before now. They don't have to declare a so-called war before doing that.

3. This so-called online war is not starting now. It has been on and will always be on regardless of watever is said or done.

@debosky
I agree with you totally. I wonder why sahara will get a report and no other newpaper company in Nigeria has. I know i haven't seen it in any one before. grin

@most of you wannabe online soldiers
Blogs don't kill, talks don't maim so even if the story is true, you can't and will not be able to do the so called "faceless" bloggers anything. grin grin
Re: Umaru Yar’adua Regime Launches $5 Million Online War by talk2cash(m): 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2009
yes, it is tru. a friend of mind who is making good money online for the paste 7 years was arrested in Lagos by UBA bank and handed over to EFCC.

why?
1. he comlain about the downfall of Nigerian Stock exchange market in Nigeria and there urge people to invest abroad to better their ways.

2. he withdraw money using ATM card instead of using passbook and people began to wonder why he was issue ATM card if they did not want him to withdraw with ATM. the GUy life was almost frustrated if not that has a back up and proof in EFCC of which Some staff of ICT under EFCC are making good money also online. Before he was releast he appear in ICT panel to proof how sure and easy to make money online.

3. Bank complains he open acccount when he was a students in university and now the account is runing as a business account. Then some people began to also ask why did the account officer not informing him if is true. Many people have over N50 millionaira in savings account and there is nothing happening to those account but just account that has recieve N5 millionaira naira they want to kill they guy.
After scanning the guy in question to the last point before he was release and take them another good time for UBA to release the guy money if they have release now because EFCC promise the guy account will be release by UBA that they will sent UBA letter to release the account.

This story is true. When God say YES, it is YES but when God say No, it is No.
Nigeria stock exchange is in trouble.

THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER. LET NIGERIAN SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WE ALL HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY AT ANY POINT IN TIME.
NAFDA APPOVED, 1!!!!

Good things dont last in This country

G

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Begins Local Construction Of Assault Boats / Nigeria Seeks $1.5Billion From China For Rice, Cassava / Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.