Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,386 members, 7,897,726 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY (98117 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2019
Evening, I work in real estate and have being to Dubai 2 times and Benin republic, I return few days back from Dubai, can I apply for German business Visa ASAP or wait for some months, thanks
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Beverlyhills: 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
If you have a genuine reason for going to Germany ASAP ,you can apply.
Hopefully you get an early appointment date

quote author=oduzbaba89 post=79982606]Evening, I work in real estate and have being to Dubai 2 times and Benin republic, I return few days back from Dubai, can I apply for German business Visa ASAP or wait for some months, thanks[/quote
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by tck2000(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by frank1001: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please, who knows the email address to submit the visa appeal? I have gone through their website but no information about submitting an appeal
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Beverlyhills: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2019
Not sure but I think you can email them to ask.

frank1001:
Please, who knows the email address to submit the visa appeal? I have gone through their website but no information about submitting an appeal
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Dannox2018: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2019
frank1001:

I think what you need is this
info@lago.diplo.de
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Dannox2018: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2019
Please i will like to know if it is okay to submit a statement of account printed 1week before the date of interview?
Thank you.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by chibros02(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2019
Dannox2018:
Please i will like to know if it is okay to submit a statement of account printed 1week before the date of interview?
Thank you.

Yes, as far is not more than a month!
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by gauche: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hello All,

Please i was given an interview date in Abuja just 11 working days from my planned trip. Its official and my office is sponsoring. Please is there any hope of getting the visa on time? Thier mail says visa procesding is 8 - 10 days but others say its 14 working days.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by gauche: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
gauche:
Hello All,

Please i was given an interview date in Abuja just 11 working days from my planned trip. Its official and my office is sponsoring. Please is there any hope of getting the visa on time? Thier mail says visa procesding is 8 - 10 days but others say its 14 working days.

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by SamReinvented: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
gauche:
Hello All,

Are you sure what you have in Abuja is a visa interview? Because all visa interviews are conducted in Lagos. Only specific situations are exempted.

As per your question. Mail the embassy and see if they can move your appointment to an earlier date. The German company inviting you should do the mail (to increase the chances of getting positive result), if possible.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Nelsnare(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
I want to go to Germany, my aunty wants me to come. How do I go about it?
SamReinvented:

German visa interview is very friendly. No need to practice anything, just be honest with your mission in Germany (which should be visiting).You should know basic details of your visit (hotels you'll stay, relationship with inviting host, etc). You'd be given time to explain in detail, any unclear info. As long as, you have coherent answers (which you should if your intention is pure), you're good.

If you have 7:30 interview, prepare to be done around 9am - 9:30 ish. The interview itself lasts about 10 to 30 minutes (depending on your case).... but the other processes and waiting time would take most of the period.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ggee(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2019
Was at the embassy around 7.15am for my 7.30 appointment. Met a long queue mostly students so I was allowed in quickly.

I Ieft the embassy around 8.10am. Met a Nigerian lady and she checked the docs. Returned some of copies back such as 2nd application form and the copy of my bank statement

Just ensure you have copies of all the documents well arranged - original follow by its copy.

Dannox2018:

Don't fail to gv us the download of how the interview and everything went.
Goodluck.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Dannox2018: 7:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ggee:
Was at the embassy around 7.15am for my 7.30 appointment. Met a long queue mostly students so I was allowed in quickly.

I Ieft the embassy around 8.10am. Met a Nigerian lady and she checked the docs. Returned some of copies back such as 2nd application form and the copy of my bank statement

Just ensure you have copies of all the documents well arranged - original follow by its copy.

Ok. Thanks for the reply.
But how was the interview?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ggee(m): 8:36pm On Jul 17, 2019
Trip was for a training sponsored by my company. Question was more on its importance to my organisation.
Wanted to know my monthly salary, countries of my previous Schengen visas.
Took finger prints.
Seems everything went okay. Says I will get a response from them within 14 days.
Dannox2018:

Ok. Thanks for the reply.
But how was the interview?
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by gauche: 9:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
Ggee:
Trip was for a training sponsored by my company. Question was more on its importance to my organisation.
Wanted to know my monthly salary, countries of my previous Schengen visas.
Took finger prints.
Seems everything went okay. Says I will get a response from them within 14 days.

Please sir @ggee was it 14 working days or 14 calendar days? Thank you
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ggee(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2019
I did not ask but I think it is 14 working days.
Well I will know whenever I receive my documents back.
gauche:

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Dannox2018: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2019
I went for interview today.
After the interview the said the will get back to me in 10 to 14days.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hello Everyone, feedback time

Interview was 9th Jul for 7.30am, we arrived 6.45am (my cousin and I) and was allowed to go in almost immediately (around 7am)

Seat provided for the entire duration, both outside and inside till it was our turn.

A Nigerian lady interviewed us and she collected all documents we went with, both originals and photocopies

Questions:
where are you going to
for how long
why?
what do you do
how many staffs do you have, name their positions
how much do you make as income in a month
have you made any touirist plans
what is the name of the hotel you will be staying with
will you return after the visit (directed at my cousin)
why will you return

DHL picked up our envelope on Friday 19th Jul (on the 9th day)
Passport received back Monday 22nd Jul

My visa was issued but my cousin denied on the ground of not sure she will return before visa expires

My observation:
Please treat like you are going for submission, they are now glorified VFS biko, took family albums to show relationship tie with my cousin but she asked if it will fit into the return envelope (which obviously couldnt) I mentioned she should please look at them to confirm our relationship but she wasnt interested (because looking wouldnt count anyway) the mistake i made was not having the pictures on an A4 paper which would have been submitted alongside our other documents, my last application with my husband was so different, the lady then didnt take all the documents we went with, just collected the basics and looked at the photobook we took along.

After your interview, go to DHL online and schedule shipment notification, that was how I knew when they picked up the shipment and followed through till it was eventually delivered.

I intend to appeal for my cousin anyway, is it better to send email or send in the hard copy remonstration?

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
It should be 14 working days i guess

gauche:

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ggee(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2019
The supposed visa officers are there to just collect the visa fee and your documents.
I am not sure they can take any decision on whether to issue a visa or not.
I wonder why not outsource the document collection to a company like VFS instead of subjecting people to come to their embassy.

ibukunpops:
Hello Everyone, feedback time

Interview was 9th Jul for 7.30am, we arrived 6.45am (my cousin and I) and was allowed to go in almost immediately (around 7am)

Seat provided for the entire duration, both outside and inside till it was our turn.

A Nigerian lady interviewed us and she collected all documents we went with, both originals and photocopies

Questions:
where are you going to
for how long
why?
what do you do
how many staffs do you have, name their positions
how much do you make as income in a month
have you made any touirist plans
what is the name of the hotel you will be staying with
will you return after the visit (directed at my cousin)
why will you return

DHL picked up our envelope on Friday 19th Jul (on the 9th day)
Passport received back Monday 22nd Jul

My visa was issued but my cousin denied on the ground of not sure she will return before visa expires

My observation:
Please treat like you are going for submission, they are now glorified VFS biko, took family albums to show relationship tie with my cousin but she asked if it will fit into the return envelope (which obviously couldnt) I mentioned she should please look at them to confirm our relationship but she wasnt interested (because looking wouldnt count anyway) the mistake i made was not having the pictures on an A4 paper which would have been submitted alongside our other documents, my last application with my husband was so different, the lady then didnt take all the documents we went with, just collected the basics and looked at the photobook we took along.

After your interview, go to DHL online and schedule shipment notification, that was how I knew when they picked up the shipment and followed through till it was eventually delivered.

I intend to appeal for my cousin anyway, is it better to send email or send in the hard copy remonstration?

Thank you
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jj17cv(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2019
@Ggee
Germans are wise check all there interviewers they all naija so what do you expect .. Visa office will collect visa fees and documents at the same time
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by SamReinvented: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2019
Ggee:
The supposed visa officers are there to just collect the visa fee and your documents.
I wonder why not outsource the document collection to a company like VFS instead of subjecting people to come to their embassy.

It is more than just a submission. Those interviewers type their observations and make recommendations to the visa offfice. After verification of your documents, and no issues are found, these recommendations would most likely be the final decision you'd get.

So dont downplay the interviews. Get your appearance and confidence right, and be coherent in your answers, so they wont have reasons to note negative things down for you.

I actually like that Germany uses real Nigerians for Interviews, nobody can judge the intention of Nigerians better than Nigerians. We know our body language better than anyone else, even when masked.

4 Likes

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2019
May I ask the last time you visited the Embassy?

What you stated is exactly how it was, my first interview alone I could sense they noted their observation, my next same, the interview with my husband same (note my husband had no prior travel history) infact the lady then didnt want to take much documents at all, she took time to look at our wedding photobook and I could visibly see she was noting down her observation and we got the Visa.

I am telling you categorically that it now different, they have absolutely no influence over the decision because i told the lady that interviewed us to look at the family photobook i brought (all our kids dedication, my kids birthday, preggy photoshoot, our Dubai trip etc, where my cousin clearly was there and most where just us alone (family) pics like the kids birthdays)

We have visited Dubai together as a family but I didnt go with our boarding passes and the passport was an old one, I was banking on the fact that she will see all the photobooks and make her observation (I was sooo wrong)

So my advice still states that you prepare for the interview/questions but most importantly outline and arrange your documents properly, provide all that you would if applying for UK or Canada as the decision if Visa will be issued lies on the German Consulars who are not present at the interview but will decide based on documents made available to them.

Thank you.

Any info if appeal is better to be sent via mail? or to the embasy directly?

quote author=SamReinvented post=80575473]

It is more than just a submission. Those interviewers type their observations and make recommendations to the visa offfice. After verification of your documents, and no issues are found, these recommendations would most likely be the final decision you'd get.

So dont downplay the interviews. Get your appearance and confidence right, and be coherent in your answers, so they wont have reasons to note negative things down for you.

I actually like that German uses real Nigerians for Interviews, nobody can judge the intention of Nigerians better than Nigerians. We know our body language better than anyone else, even when masked.[/quote]
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 9:10am On Jul 24, 2019
Exactly

Why make us book appointment three months ahead and then it was all for nothing, atleast for the US you will know your faith most times immediately.

They should just scrap the whole process and outsource to VFS like other Schengen countries.

How will i go on a trip with two kids all over the place without my cousin.

Ggee:

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jj17cv(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2019
@SamReinvented
Which body language my first interview this guy just dey talk ruspish how do i book cheap hotel 500 euro for 5days is that cheap....Loolz
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by Ggee(m): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2019
Good that they are using Nigerians but the benefit of that is neither here nor there.

I rather talk to someone that will take instant decision on my case. That I need to assure of my intention if need be than submit to someone who makes recommendation to another to take a decision.

Note that you have to book appointment like 3 months ahead. Go for a so called interview and has to wait for another 2 weeks to get the decision.

If you are using Nigerians, train them and empower them to take necessary decision on the application.

SamReinvented:

I actually like that German uses real Nigerians for Interviews, nobody can judge the intention of Nigerians better than Nigerians. We know our body language better than anyone else, even when masked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by jaboza: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
Please house how Can I get a company business invitation letter from Germany .. any idea .. response will be highly appreciated
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by SamReinvented: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ggee:
Good that they are using Nigerians but the benefit of that is neither here nor there.

I rather talk to someone that will take instant decision on my case. That I need to assure of my intention if need be than submit to someone who makes recommendation to another to take a decision.

Note that you have to book appointment like 3 months ahead. Go for a so called interview and has to wait for another 2 weeks to get the decision.

If you are using Nigerians, train them and empower them to take necessary decision on the application.

It is actually only US (as far as I know) that gives decisions immediately after interviews (which I hear last less than 2 minutes). I find that to be a very flawed (and borderline stupid) system....especially as they don't even check documents (based on what I have read). It explains why a lot of the people they give visas overstay....there's no way any mortal human can possibly make a good judgement in the manner that US conduct its interviews.

Most embassies who conduct interviews do it as part of the overall visa process (other parts being document verification, closer assessment of the application and then final decision). Germany isn't much different and I actually prefer this method because it leaves room for minimal error, as they decide based on both physical interaction and documentation.

1 Like

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by SamReinvented: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
ibukunpops:
May I ask the last time you visited the Embassy?

What you stated is exactly how it was, my first interview alone I could sense they noted their observation, my next same, the interview with my husband same (note my husband had no prior travel history) infact the lady then didnt want to take much documents at all, she took time to look at our wedding photobook and I could visibly see she was noting down her observation and we got the Visa.

I am telling you categorically that it now different, they have absolutely no influence over the decision because i told the lady that interviewed us to look at the family photobook i brought (all our kids dedication, my kids birthday, preggy photoshoot, our Dubai trip etc, where my cousin clearly was there and most where just us alone (family) pics like the kids birthdays)

We have visited Dubai together as a family but I didnt go with our boarding passes and the passport was an old one, I was banking on the fact that she will see all the photobooks and make her observation (I was sooo wrong)

So my advice still states that you prepare for the interview/questions but most importantly outline and arrange your documents properly, provide all that you would if applying for UK or Canada as the decision if Visa will be issued lies on the German Consulars who are not present at the interview but will decide based on documents made available to them.

Thank you.

Any info if appeal is better to be sent via mail? or to the embasy directly?

I renewed my visa earlier in the year. The lady also discarded most of my tie documents (including photos)....but that was mainly because, I already got German visas in previous years and I used them appropriately....so there was less burden to proof that I will not return (I got 3 years multiple entries btw).

NB: In the midst of some jokes she cracked, she actually stated that family photos carry minimal weight anyway and I shouldn't still be bringing such "useless" things to visa appointments cheesy cheesy. Generally, documents that can be verified with relevant bodies (marriage certificates, birth certificates, joint property ownership, joint accounts, call histories, Passport stamps showing joint travels, etc) carry bigger weight in verifying your ties with someone than photographs that can be photoshopped and no way to verify.

With regards to your cousin. How old is she? Does she have personal ties of her own back in Nigeria? If you stated in the interview that you have travelled together several times and the interviewer didn't ask you further questions on that (or did she?) or ask for proofs such as passport stamps, it means they don't find that to be good enough reason. So I'd advise looking for other ties for your appeal. However, if she did ask specific documents about your previous trips together and you couldn't provide, then now's the time to add them along with other ties.

In my own opinion, if your only trip together with your cousin is just a single trip to dubai, the tie isn't strong enough. So get other ties (if she has). This is just my opinion though. So goodluck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 11:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
She didnt quite ask about our previous trips together, I tried to chip in we traveled together but she wasnt listening.

She is 22yrs, a student and our only trip together as a family was to Dubai in 2017

I will include our boarding passes, her school course forms and receipts, copies of our stamp pages

what else would you advice?

Thank you.

SamReinvented:

I renewed my visa earlier in the year. The lady also discarded most of my tie documents (including photos)....but that was mainly because, I already got German visas in previous years and I used them appropriately....so there was less burden to proof that I will not return (I got 3 years multiple entries btw).

NB: In the midst of some jokes she cracked, she actually stated that family photos carry minimal weight anyway and I shouldn't still be bringing such "useless" things to visa appointments cheesy cheesy. Generally, documents that can be verified with relevant bodies (marriage certificates, birth certificates, joint property ownership, joint accounts, call histories, Passport stamps showing joint travels, etc) carry bigger weight in verifying your ties with someone than photographs that can be photoshopped and no way to verify.

With regards to your cousin. How old is she? Does she have personal ties of her own back in Nigeria? If you stated in the interview that you have travelled together several times and the interviewer didn't ask you further questions on that (or did she?) or ask for proofs such as passport stamps, it means they don't find that to be good enough reason. So I'd advise looking for other ties for your appeal. However, if she did ask specific documents about your previous trips together and you couldn't provide, then now's the time to add them along with other ties.

In my own opinion, if your only trip together with your cousin is just a single trip to dubai, the tie isn't strong enough. So get other ties (if she has). This is just my opinion though. So goodluck.
Re: General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY by ibukunpops(f): 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
Exactly!!!

Ggee:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile Was Mistakenly Killed By Her Ex Schoolmate - NAF / Why Don't We Have These Kind Of Streets In Nigeria? / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.