Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. (875 Views)

Supreme Court Sacks Abubakar Danladi Sani From Senate / Saraki, Dogara May Dump APC Before 2019 – Hon. Soba / Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by yahrant140(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
​A former member of the House of Representatives, Uche Ekwunife, who later represented Anambra Central ​at the Senate, before her election was annulled by the appeal court, has defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
The Appeal Court in Enugu had on December 6 ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct a fresh election in the zone within 90 days.
Ms. Ekwunife, who had begun preparation for the repeat poll, on Friday confirmed her defection from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to journalists in Awka.
“It’s better now for me to join the APC.
“Let the heat be there; I am already on campaigns for my return to the senate, to complete my contract with the people of Anambra Central District,” she said.
Ms. Ekwunife said her plans for her constituents under the APC would soon be made public.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196405-former-lawmaker-sacked-from-senate-defects-to-apc-before-fresh-poll.html
Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by yahrant140(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Opportunism! God save Nigeria from politicians without principles!
Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by brunofarad(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
undecided Political contractors everywhere
Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Old Things Has Passed Away, Behold He's Now A New Creature..
Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by eyeview: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
I have a question. Now that she has left the PDP,what if the APC refuses to give her the ticket and maybe Ngige decides to recontest that election? Does she lose out entirely from contesting a poll which she held its ticket?
Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by yahrant140(m): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
Because even the APC lacks principles.Justa typical Nigeria political parties with the mindset of business as usual if not they're not supposed to absorb anybody anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Former Lawmaker, Sacked From Senate, Defects To APC Before Fresh Poll. by jmichlins(m): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
The force pulling Pdp down is greater than the force of gravity. This woman is truly a Nigerian female who hooks up with the Nigga with cash to spend. It's in their gene

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: 2016 Budget Documents Stolen From National Assembly. / Nigerians In The US May Face Deportation Soon / APC And Their Faithful ( Hypocrite) Supporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.