Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,343 members, 7,888,091 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:07 PM

Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft (513 Views)

Group Protests, Block National Assembly Entrance Over Corruption / Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption. / EFCC Arrests Saraki's Wife, Yar'adua's Daughter Over Corruption Allegation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by Farnsworth: 9:29am On Jan 10, 2016
International hacktivist group Anonymous has targeted a number of official Nigerian government websites as part of an operation to weed out corruption and tackle poverty in the country.
Known for previous attacks on religious organizations, political figures and terrorists, the hacking collective issued a call for followers to “take out” Nigerian government websites.

Posting on Twitter, the secretive group threatened to leak data unless “selfish politicians” address widespread corruption, rising unemployment and problems with healthcare.

The statement referenced allegations of stolen oil money and missing public funds as reasons for the Operation Nigeria hack.

“Let them see that we have Anonymous Nigeria,” the group said, “... Let them know we are anonymous, we are legion, we do not forgive, we do not forget, they should have expected us.”

On Friday, images showing websites belonging to the Nigerian state being tampered with, including the Federal Ministry of Justice, Customs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, were published online.

It follows another hacking operation, which targeted 14 Thai police websites.

In a video Anonymous accused Thai authorities of “scapegoating” two Burmese migrant workers sentenced to death for the murder of two British backpackers.

https://www.rt.com/news/328382-cyberwar-anonymous-hack-nigerian-government/
Re: Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by DaBullIT(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2016
I came here to call you a liar

As a devout follower of #Anonymous I know there's no #AnonymousNigeria but having read the story

Your not lying the tweet is from anonymous, but they are operating on Nigerian websites

I hope they start releasing account details and passwords, account balances, private mails and each foreign account linked to each politician

Buhari with the help of us can not achieve that in 10 years

Big up @Anonymous we are anonymous, we are legion, we do not forgive, we do not forget, expect us
Re: Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by Farnsworth: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2016
DaBullIT:
I came here to call you a liar

As a devout follower of #Anonymous I know there's no #AnonymousNigeria but having read the story

Your not lying the tweet is from anonymous, but they are operating on Nigerian websites

I hope they start releasing account details and passwords, account balances, private mails and each foreign account linked to each politician

Buhari with the help of us can not achieve that in 10 years

Big up @Anonymous we are anonymous, we are legion, we do not forgive, we do not forget, expect us

It remains to be seen how effective they can be in Nigeria and indeed Africa but all the same, it is a good initiative fight corruption across borders.
Re: Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 10, 2016
These bored children from developed nations don't know this country does not rely on digital technology. Why hack our sites when papers and pens still exist for record-keeping? Phones and fax machines still exist for communication.
If it was a government of tech-savvy thirty-something year olds I would've feared but this is a government of dinosaurs who see online activities as a luxurious frivolity.

Anonymous has a better chance of passing a camel through the eye of a needle than arm-twisting our government to demands using the Internet.
Re: Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by DaBullIT(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Farnsworth:

It remains to be seen how effective they can be in Nigeria and indeed Africa but all the same, it is a good initiative fight corruption across borders.

You don't know anonymous
Re: Cyberwar: Anonymous Hack Nigerian Government Over ‘corruption, Poverty And Theft by Gerarahere: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
nigerian hacking groups are useles team maija and hawx, they are for fancy,meanwhile expect cyphas,we will be coming around

(1) (Reply)

Okupe Launches Attack On His Critics / Delta Police Declares Suspended LG Chairman(hon. Baro), NURTW Boss Wanted / What Saraki Said About The Missing Budget After A Private Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.