Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,143 members, 7,928,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 03:20 PM

Believe In Your Dreams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Believe In Your Dreams (443 Views)

How To Make Your Dreams Come True / Crippled Man "Big Dreams" Makes Shoes In Benue To Earn A Living (Photos) / This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Believe In Your Dreams by xhoduz(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2016
Like Denis Waitley said, "We've got to have a dream if we are going to make a dream come true". The most dangerous thing that can happen to any man on the face of the earth is to live without specific dreams and vision. A person without a dream is a mere walking corpse.

Peter Omotimehin once said, "as a lady, the worst man you will ever get married to is not the person without a car, not the person without a University degree, not even the person without money, but a man without a dream".

It is important to have a dream in life to serve as a compass that guides our decision at every stage especially while deciding on a career.

The great behavioral scientist, Robert Maurer, compared those without a clear sense of dream, purpose and vision to the lizard. A lizard lies in the sun, if it gets too hot, the lizard moves. Such people never go far in life.

It is appalling to know that many youths do not have a dream. If they do, they don't believe in their dreams due to circumstances surrounding them. Even when many believe, they only keep dreaming without waking up to act.

Please, do not rack your brain further by asking yourself if truly you have a dream. I have got the right answer and it is simply "YES". God never created any man without a purpose to fulfill in life. We were all born with great dreams to fulfill here on earth before we leave to give account to our creator.

The road to success is never a destination but a journey, so brace up to start the journey. Just as John Mason wrote in one of his books, "the road to success is always under construction".

Peter Omotimehin in his book; "turning your challenges to success" explained that a dream without the ability to be achievable becomes hallucinations. According to him, the ideal vision or dream must be SMART. SMART stands for:

S - Specific
M - Measurable
A - Achievable
R - Realistic
T - Time Bound

Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you. You may succeed if nobody believes in you but you will never succeed if you don't believe in yourself. All you need to do is to believe in yourself and to believe in the power of your dreams. Let your dreams grow legs to take you to the realms of success and achievements. Like Joseph, one dream is just enough to jet you to success. It pays to believe in your dreams. Believe in yourself and not what people say about you.

So, here are few positive things you should learn to say to yourself each morning:

I am unique.
Yesterday does not define me.
I can achieve all my dreams.
Today is another miracle.
What people say does not define me.
Life goes on.
I don't owe anybody any explanation.
I deserve the best.
Only me can control my happiness.
Everything worth fighting for is hard to get.
The right thing will happen at the right time.
I can handle this.
I believe i have the power to change the world.
I matter to the world.
I accept myself for who I am.
My life is filled with possibilities.
I am willing to step out of my comfort zone.
I know I can do this.
I will see every obstacle as an opportunity to grow.

source - VisualMindz
Re: Believe In Your Dreams by Adonis3: 9:54am On Jan 10, 2016

#Adonis3HasBooked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Institute Of Public Relation 2016 Exam / Business Loans For Nigerians / This Video Will Make You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.