Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,527 members, 7,905,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:23 AM

Niit Gist - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Niit Gist (833 Views)

CCT vs NIIT / My Ordeal Experience @aptech,new Horizon And Niit. / NIIT Na Rubbish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niit Gist by ngusha(m): 5:16am On Jun 18, 2009
hey people am about to go in for the niit exams. i just want to know a couple of things
like how does the exam look like, is it very difficult and my fate after the course if i successfully scale through it
anyone with a good answer is welcome please
Re: Niit Gist by guruno1(m): 8:35am On Jun 18, 2009
i need reply to this post, cos i am considering taking this exams
( i am bored at home after Bsc waiting fir service so want to do something worthwhile)
Re: Niit Gist by DualCore1: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2009
what course are u going in for?
the exams are computer based.
they are not hard as u will have had practice tests with the exam software prior to ur taking it.
ur success after any course at niit largely depends on ur hard work and not niit.
no offence but i see them as a book shop with computer equipped class rooms. so just get the books and make use of their computers, if u dont have one.
Read ur books and dont wait for ur "faculty" cuz he too is reading.
Re: Niit Gist by lannre(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ Dual core

I cant really get that message clearly, are you saying they deal with theory than practical, what can you advice for someone who need good knowledge in ICT. Software development and web design to be precise.
Re: Niit Gist by ngusha(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2009
@dual core

i will like to go into web design and software development just like lanre. Also i will be very glad if you coul answer lanre's question because it will throaw more light. thanks
Re: Niit Gist by DualCore1: 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2009
ok, excuse my first post, i was kinda pissed that morning at something related to niit.

The only programming language niit teaches is Java (at least thts how it was for the 3 years i spent der).

In their package called Masterminds Series (dont know if the name has changed) they offer software development and take u on the following:
Psuedocode
XML
UML
HTML
SDLC
LINUX
JAVA (EJB, J2EE, etc)

thts all i can remember now.
You spend 2 years doing tht Mastermind Series and its broken down into 10 "quarters", each quarter lasting for about 2 months. its 50k per quarter (as at the time i was there).
After the 2 years with them, if ur grades are good (dont worry if they aint good niit has its way of giving u good grades after allĀ  tongue but please be serious and get good grades) you can then migrate to the British Open University and spend one more year there and come out with a BSc in Computer Science and its Practices a.k.a software engineering. the fee for the one year, as at the time i migrated to the BOU, was 450k naira.
so in all you should be looking at 950k naira for the whole 3 years (2 years with niit + 1 year with the BOU).

P.S: there's no guarantee u'll come out a good programmer if u just rely on niit's curriculum. u got to do ur own personal study.
Re: Niit Gist by lannre(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
ngusha:

@dual core

i will like to go into web design and software development just like lanre. Also i will be very glad if you coul answer lanre's question because it will throw more light. thanks

still waiting for an answer, I also like to ask if there is any good tutorial school for ICT just like people go to Tutorial class to get chartered as an accountant.
Re: Niit Gist by hayprof(m): 7:27am On Jun 23, 2009
Dual core, said it all !
Re: Niit Gist by wiseboay01: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2009
dual has said it all about niit you may not come out be a good programmer is u are not serious, u must read out side the syllabus if u want to be good.

(1) (Reply)

Tools For Technicians And Users To Help Nairalander Computer Users / Help / How To Download And Install Latest Virtual Dj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.