Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,154 members, 7,943,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? (704 Views)

Forbes 2017 Reveals The Richest Player Between Lionel Messi And C.ronaldo / Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Kylian Mbappe Make UCL Best XI / Honest Comparison Between Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by macho44(m): 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Source: http://adielem.com/2015/08/28/lionel-messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-the-never-ending-comparisons/
The never ending comparisons between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo is a perceived continuos cycle which comes up to the forefront each time one of them breaks a record or claims a landmark achievement. Both players are widely regarded as being among the best of all time in the sport, having won the FIFA Ballon D’or awards for a combined Seven years stretch. Both players have also scored in two seperate UEFA Champions League finals each. They have regularly broken the “50” goal barrier in a single season, and have scored over 400 career goals for club and country.

Sports journalists and pundits regularly argue the individual achievements of both players in an attempt to argue who they believe is the best player in modern football. The rivalry that exists between both players has been compared to legendary global sporting rivalries such as the Muhammad Ali–Joe Frazier rivalry in boxing which brought forth the historic”Rumble in The Jungle”, the John McEnroe – Bjorn Borg in tennis, and the Michael Jordan- Patrick Ewing rivalry in Basketball. In an interview granted by Ronaldo in 2012, the portuguese superstar commented on the rivalry, saying”I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the rivalry is so intense”. Even their respective managers at club and national level have also lent credence to the argument with Ronaldo’s manager during his time at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson, stating that “I don’t think the rivalry against each other bothers them. I think they have their own personal pride in terms of wanting to be the best”. Lionel Messi himself has continuosly denied the existence of any form of rivalry, saying that it was “only the media, the press, who wants us to be at loggerheads but I’ve never fought with Cristiano”. To read the full article, visit:http://adielem.com/2015/08/28/lionel-messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-the-never-ending-comparisons/
Re: Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by kejes10: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Messi the best but I chose Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by Edwinmason(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
CR7

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by ikubch(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
macho44:
Source: http://adielem.com/2015/08/28/lionel-messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-the-never-ending-comparisons/
The never ending comparisons between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo is a perceived continuos cycle which comes up to the forefront each time one of them breaks a record or claims a landmark achievement. Both players are widely regarded as being among the best of all time in the sport, having won the FIFA Ballon D’or awards for a combined Seven years stretch. Both players have also scored in two seperate UEFA Champions League finals each. They have regularly broken the “50” goal barrier in a single season, and have scored over 400 career goals for club and country.

Sports journalists and pundits regularly argue the individual achievements of both players in an attempt to argue who they believe is the best player in modern football. The rivalry that exists between both players has been compared to legendary global sporting rivalries such as the Muhammad Ali–Joe Frazier rivalry in boxing which brought forth the historic”Rumble in The Jungle”, the John McEnroe – Bjorn Borg in tennis, and the Michael Jordan- Patrick Ewing rivalry in Basketball. In an interview granted by Ronaldo in 2012, the portuguese superstar commented on the rivalry, saying”I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the rivalry is so intense”. Even their respective managers at club and national level have also lent credence to the argument with Ronaldo’s manager during his time at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson, stating that “I don’t think the rivalry against each other bothers them. I think they have their own personal pride in terms of wanting to be the best”. Lionel Messi himself has continuosly denied the existence of any form of rivalry, saying that it was “only the media, the press, who wants us to be at loggerheads but I’ve never fought with Cristiano”. To read the full article, visit:http://adielem.com/2015/08/28/lionel-messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-the-never-ending-comparisons/
I will choose "BETWEEN"

1 Like

Re: Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by prahcetomi(m): 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
I'm a manchester united fan,and so I respect ronaldo..bt MESSI clearly deserves it.

2 Likes

Re: Between Lionel Messi& Cristiano Ronaldo:whom Would U Choose? by kenzysmith: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
Ronaldo we be like every competition I play In last year was a hit back to back from champions league highest goalscorer to laliga golden boot winner and to more hattricks ................messi will be like egbon christano if u want the award come and collect it. undecidedRonaldo we be like every competition I play In last year was a hit back to back from champions league highest goalscorer to laliga golden boot winner and to more hattricks ................messi will be like egbon christano if u want the award come and collect it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Referee Leaves Everyone Confused As He Walked Off The Pitch In Dortmund Game(pic / Gianni Infantino Elected New FIFA President / NaijaBetKing Thread Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.