Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,628 members, 7,951,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:02 PM

Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) (627 Views)

Woman Faints After Robbers Raided And Emptied Her Chemist Shop In Delta. Photos / Lady Narrates How A Man 'Charmed' Her Brother & Emptied His Account Via ATM / Toyota Camry Stolen In Lagos At Gun Point, Valuables Lost, Account Emptied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by tolexy123: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello nairalanders, thank God for me today I almost got scammed by fake CBN message today requesting for my bank details. Here is how it went, I got an alert from CBN telling me my ATM as been deactivated (as if i own one), and in order to re activate it, I should call the number shown in the message. I called the number immediately and a guy picked it at the other end of the line and requested for my account number which I ignorantly gave him and he called out my account balance. He later reaffirm if I wanted to reactivate my ATM, I hastily said YES! The whole thing became suspicious and fuzzy to me when he started asking for my ATM card details and I told him i'll get back to him that I wanted to go and get my card. Fortunately before that, I was able to contact my bank manager and he emphatically told me that it was a scam. I thank God that I got to know this because if I had fallen for this, he would have emptied by life savings and that would have been the end. Praise God. Please note the that phone number in the message is the scammers number and he's fake.

Please Lalasticlala, seun pass it accross to others so they wont fall victim as I almost did. Its very serious please

1 Like

Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by banjicom(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
praise! praise!! praise the Lord.........

(1) (Reply)

Pls My Fellow Nairalander I Really Need Your Help / . / Man Head Gets Stuck In Burglary During Night Robbery In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.