Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,944 members, 7,973,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:17 PM

Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) (842 Views)

Get A Reliable Visa/Mastercard Virtual Debit Card For Your Account Verification / Scam Alert:That Transaction Alert could be fake, Be careful - Naijabankers.com / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by tolexy123: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello nairalanders, thank God for me today I almost got scammed by fake CBN message today requesting for my bank details. Here is how it went, I got an alert from CBN telling me my ATM as been deactivated (as if i own one), and in order to re activate it, I should call the number shown in the message. I called the number immediately and a guy picked it at the other end of the line and requested for my account number which I ignorantly gave him and he called out my account balance. He later reaffirm if I wanted to reactivate my ATM, I hastily said YES! The whole thing became suspicious and fuzzy to me when he started asking for my ATM card details and I told him i'll get back to him that I wanted to go and get my card. Fortunately before that, I was able to contact my bank manager and he emphatically told me that it was a scam. I thank God that I got to know this because if I had fallen for this, he would have emptied by life savings and that would have been the end. Praise God. Please note the that phone number in the message is the scammers number and he's fake.

Please Lalasticlala, seun pass it accross to others so they wont fall victim as I almost did. Its very serious please

Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
Thank your God!
Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by mymadam(m): 7:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
This evening I also received two quick similar text messages said to be from Interswitch. Message (as composed):

"Dear customer,due to our system upgrade,your ATM CARD has just been De-activated,to Re-activate kindly call customer care,on 09035627649.Thanks"

As always, I simply ignored the messages. TIP: Always look out for poor punctuation or grammar in all unsolicited messages.

2 Likes

Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by bluecircle470: 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Mtn is d only line dat is always use fr scam in ds country, may God save us frm dem o anyway it calls fr thanksgiving!!
Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by tolexy123: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Brother seun, lalasticlala, others need to know on front page oo
Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by kodyx(f): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
I also received a similar message on my phone and my antennas immediately went into safety mode,what I did was to call d number and before the man at the other end knew what was coming,I finished him with every con name you can imagine and dropped the phone on him. I bet he wouldn't know what hit him.
Re: Photo - CBN Alert That Almost Emptied My Account Today (beware) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2016
Scam message! Ignore

(1) (Reply)

Simple Reason Why The Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar / Diamond Bank Executive Director, Victor Ezenweko Dies In His Sleep / What Cbn's Latest Announcement On Naira-dollar Exchange Rate Means- Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.