Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,806 members, 7,902,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

See What A Student Said About Her School And It's Staff - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What A Student Said About Her School And It's Staff (749 Views)

Male Staff Of ABU, Zaria Backing His Baby On Campus (Photo) / Man Calls Out An Eko FM Staff Who Wants To Make His Sister A Second Wife / Bukola Ogundolie-Olowookere, Staff Of Ecobank Missing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What A Student Said About Her School And It's Staff by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
Today I learnt a very important lesson. When someone does something for you, no matter how small, appreciate it. Genuinely. You probably have no idea the sacrifice that was involved in making that act come to life.

I visited my high school today when I went with my mum, brother and cousin to drop off my other siblings. On our way back, we were stuck in traffic (in a particular spot) for over three hours. Being stuck in a spot, helpless, nothing to do, is one of the most frustrating experiences a person can have because at that point, you realize that there are a thousand and one more things that you could probably be doing at that moment.

While we were stuck in that traffic, I witnessed a lot of angry drivers getting at each other (not a pretty sight) and to be honest, I was a little scared. It was then I realized what some people have to go through this everyday. I remembered my teachers back in high school reminding us of their need to get home on time in an attempt to get us (the students) do our work a little quicker but we didn't understand what they meant.

I remembered how some teachers held night classes and practice sessions to explain topics and prepare us for national exams but some of us took it for granted because we did not understand. I remembered my mum not missing any of my birthdays and attending almost all school functions but it didn't seem like a big deal until I faced the traffic of today. I realized that even with the traffic the staff (including security, cooks, janitors etc) were always punctual. I just want to say thank you to my mum, (name withheld) and the staff of (school name withheld), especially the ones who have to be there at night for one reason or the other. I understand the risks involved and the sacrifice made and I am genuinely thankful. God bless you all.
Re: See What A Student Said About Her School And It's Staff by diportivo: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
NORAD:
Today I learnt a very important lesson. When someone does something for you, no matter how small, appreciate it. Genuinely. You probably have no idea the sacrifice that was involved in making that act come to life.

I visited my high school today when I went with my mum, brother and cousin to drop off my other siblings. On our way back, we were stuck in traffic (in a particular spot) for over three hours. Being stuck in a spot, helpless, nothing to do, is one of the most frustrating experiences a person can have because at that point, you realize that there are a thousand and one more things that you could probably be doing at that moment.

While we were stuck in that traffic, I witnessed a lot of angry drivers getting at each other (not a pretty sight) and To be honest, I was a little scared. It was then I realized that some people have to go through this everyday. I remembered my teachers back in high school reminding us of their need to get home on time in an attempt to get us (the students) do our work a little quicker but we didn't understand what they meant.

I remembered how some teachers held night classes and practice sessions to explain topics and prepare us for national exams but some of us took it for granted because we did not understand. I remembered my mum not missing any of my birthdays and attending almost all school functions but it didn't seem like a big deal until I faced the traffic of today. I realized that even with the traffic the staff (including security, cooks, janitors etc) were always punctual. I just want to say thank you to my mum, (name withheld) and the staff of (school name withheld), especially the ones who have to be there at night for one reason or the other. I understand the risks involved and the sacrifice made and I am genuinely thankful. God bless you all.

Deep!

But chill,how much be corona school fees
Re: See What A Student Said About Her School And It's Staff by eyinjuege: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2016
Awwww....

How sweet kiss

(1) (Reply)

Seven Reasons Why It's Essential Children Spend Time With Their Fathers / Please Are They Safe? / Stupid ME!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.