Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,485 members, 7,968,336 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

Should I Marry Her? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should I Marry Her? (914 Views)

If I Marry A Muslim Sis, She Must Make Up, Wear Trouser & Open Her Hair Except For Prayer / Can I Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Her? by lukesh56: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
Asalam aleikun brothers in nairaland, please i need an urgent advice regarding marriage. There is this girl that im hook with . im a muslim but i was not really a practical one when i we met. she is a christian though but she has always been there for me. Now that im a practical muslim, i realise we are not compartible religiously. But she is not the kind that can change her religious coz her dad is a pastor. Even though she insist that religion should not be a barrier. Now i dont know what to do coz it difficult for me to leave her, coz everyone will think otherwise. i have been to there house and her dad and mom know me as there inlaw to be. Please i need advice.
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2009
well a male muslim can marry a female christian or jew, but know that there will be barrier in the marriage in future
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
A wife is the person who brings up a child, d husband spend much of his time at work,
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
The question is will u like ur children be brought up in a christian culture/manner ?
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
If u die what happen to the children ? the same thing that happens to president obama is liable to happen to them
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2009
On the last day (judgement day) every parent will be interrogated d warefare of his children, wat wil u say ??
Re: Should I Marry Her? by noetic2: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
This is ridiculous. No one asked why EXACTLY should she change her religion for u?

So that u can marry 3 more and divorce her by saying it three times abi? . . . . .pathetic.
Re: Should I Marry Her? by olabowale(m): 8:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
You must be pathetic, Noetic! Open your eyes and mind to learn what the thought of the poster is. He realises that there is a disconnect by religion. She is not likey to change. He on the other hand had just become "practical Muslim."

Abuzola advised thathe could marry her. Except that he should consider the future and his own mortality.

Where is thinking? Is there any reason for your outburst, if only you are thinking straight? NO! Now, think straight and dont respond to anyone else, except you are making sense!

Darn Christian fanatic!
Re: Should I Marry Her? by lukesh56: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2009
i want to thank everyone who have advised rationally, except Naetic or what is his id? i can understand that marrying her will go a long way to affect the children in terms of their religion. But i dont want to be regarded as an ingrate. I'm in dilemma
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Abuzola(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2009
lukesh56:

i want to thank everyone who have advised rationally, except Naetic or what is his id? i can understand that marrying her will go a long way to affect the children in terms of their religion. But i dont want to be regarded as an ingrate. I'm in dilemma

think wisely man
Re: Should I Marry Her? by beelyjay45(m): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
@lukesh56 Salam brother I feel u plight indeed because we have similar problems; i have a girl too and she's a xtain and i cant marry a xtain because statistics shows that xtain female dat convert to islam because of marriage tend to go back to their earlier religion after the demise of their husband. My xtain girl is a nice person but she's still a xtain and that's the fact, we have to choose between Love and religion, and I think the later holds sway.
Re: Should I Marry Her? by noetic2: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
lukesh56:

i want to thank everyone who have advised rationally, except Naetic or what is his id?  i can understand that marrying her will go a long way to affect the children in terms of their religion. But i dont want to be regarded as an ingrate. I'm in dilemma

are u educated at all?

this is the 21st century, both parents (male and female) have a say in the physical and spiritual life of their children, at least before the child matures.

why should a christian lady marry a fanatic, self righteous muslim who is not objective enough to know that religion is a personal thing? Another embarrassment to the islamic community.
Re: Should I Marry Her? by noetic2: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
olabowale:

You must be pathetic, Noetic! Open your eyes and mind to learn what the thought of the poster is. He realises that there is a disconnect by religion. She is not likey to change. He on the other hand had just become "practical Muslim."

Abuzola advised thathe could marry her. Except that he should consider the future and his own mortality.

Where is thinking? Is there any reason for your outburst, if only you are thinking straight? NO! Now, think straight and dont respond to anyone else, except you are making sense!

Darn Christian fanatic!

You are so "gifted" that I hardly make sense of ur posts any more. what are thou talking about?
Re: Should I Marry Her? by littleb(m): 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2009
lukesh56:

brother, you will not be the first person to face similar problem. Increase in your ibadah and equipped yourself more spiritually and put your trust in Allah. Allah would soften her mind for you and possibly she might accept Islam. If your love for Allah is in complete sincerity, then. have it mind to convert her leave her father being a pastor behind. This maybe a very challenging task which may require patient and a very high level of spirituality. You don't need to go off quickly just you now realize religious different after a long time of dating. Just try as much as possible to convert her and exercise patient. I believe if the girl is not for you, she will cut herself off from you.

I have several cases of brothers like that, also similar to it is the case of betrothed ladies in some part of Nigeria. JUst pray for guidance, Allah has promised to assist whoever is steadfast and assure trust in Him. May Almighty Allah guide you in your decision.
Re: Should I Marry Her? by Fostercat(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2009
nap the girl sharp shrap shocked
Re: Should I Marry Her? by lukesh56: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
dont understand what you mean

(1) (Reply)

Getting Busy During The Yuletide / Shabir Ally: Why I Remain A Muslim - Must Watch ! / Thousands of Muslims call themselves Osama and call Obama an APE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.