Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,155 members, 7,896,910 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better (618 Views)

"Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio / PMB Vs GEJ With Queen Elizabeth At CHOGM (Photos) / Amaechi Vs Akpabio: Who Performed Better As A Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by wisov(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
Some a people are now claiming dat abacha was a visionary leader who only saved for d future! Knoow dat if d monies were within our country it wud have looted! So he "saved" d monies den at 60naira to a dollar! Now we have it tripled to 197 naira! Funny

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by olas24u(f): 10:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
wisov:
Some a people are now claiming dat abacha was a visionary leader who only saved for d future! Knoow dat if d monies were within our country it wud have looted! So he "saved" d monies den at 60naira to a dollar! Now we have it tripled to 197 naira! Funny

But why do you have so much pressure on the Naira?
Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
Op, wait I dey come.
Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by Yhinkss(m): 11:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Abacha government was a military era. Always unchallenged with lack of opposition and no check and balances but with GEJ under a democracy with every parastatals with check and balances, I will say GEJ is the worst president ever. And I think he pass abacha.
Though the abacha loot was far more and as well for him alone but GEJ own was to scatter unto which he admitted he has made people millionaires in his administaration as well as saying in a public forum he encourages stealing
MY ADMISSION is that the circumstances makes GEJ more painful and a slap on democracy

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by lastingdeek(m): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
if u ask me, na who u want mak i com ask? meanwhile check my signature jare!!!!
Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by olas24u(f): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Yhinkss:
Abacha government was a military era. Always unchallenged with lack of opposition and no check and balances but with GEJ under a democracy with every parastatals with check and balances, I will say GEJ is the worst president ever. And I think he pass abacha.
Though the abacha loot was far more and as well for him alone but GEJ own was to scatter unto which he admitted he has made people millionaires in his administaration as well as saying in a public forum he encourages stealing
MY ADMISSION is that the circumstances makes GEJ more painful and a slap on democracy

GEJ was not knowledgeable in economic management and had external representative has fiance minister while abacha,s finance minster was a Nigerian trained that educated Abacha on what to do . Abacha tried, but had a bad press and opposition due to the political crisis back then.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Vs Gej Who Performed Better by kayfra: 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
Huge difference between military and civilian governments. But on face value, Abacha actually grew our economy and put us in decent shape after the IBB disaster, but GEJ squandered the best opportunity we ever had to diversify our economy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arms Scandal: 10 Generals, One Colonel Face Military Panel- Punch / To Bad Asaba Has No Master Plan 24 Yrs After State Creation / Yoruba- The First African Civil Servants, Doctors, Lawyers, Technicians...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.