Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,473 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole (633 Views)

Of Hate Speeches, ‘presidential’ Rodents, And Buhari’s Health- Bola Bolawole / Ministers Who Will Make Or Break Buhari- Bola Bolawole / Photos Of The PDP Senators Who Walked Out Because Of Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by Bekwarra(m): 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
“LET someone come quickly to Macedonia to help PDP. The party is sinking” “How do you mean the party is sinking? It is the official opposition party and is doing fine in that respect” “Its General, who had been firing on all cylinders, has been captured by ‘enemy’ forces” “And who can that be?” “Olisa Metuh, of course; the PDP National Publicity Secretary” “That is serious; who kidnapped him – Fulani herdsmen or who?” Forces mightier than any herdsmen have taken the man out of circulation” “If I may ask again, who could that be?” “Almighty EFCC, of course! They took the man into custody” “You are an alarmist! The way you couched your statement, it was as if something really terrible happened to the man” “What can be more terrible than the EFCC gulag? They come out of the place leaving their voices behind””Anyway, it will be really bad if the ruling APC is behind your man’s arrest””He is not my man in the real sense of the word. I am only being conscious of the need for a vibrant opposition as the fulcrum of any democracy properly so-called””If the APC is trying to muffle the opposition, I will be cross with President Muhammadu Buhari””They are not coming out frontally but acting by proxy””I disagree. EFCC is an independent agency; unlike in the time of Jonathan, it is now very active”” I agree it is now very active, but doing so like Fela’s zombie” “How do you mean?” “It is uni-directional; demolishing the PDP like the zombies did Fela’s Kalakuta Republic””Nobody can give such an order in a democratic setting; not even the president can” “Don’t be too sure. Buhari is a military man, you know” “Was a military man, you mean to say” “Once a soldier, always a soldier. I hear they give them an injection that does not leave their blood. Didn’t you see Obasanjo” “Baba is a different kettle of fish, so don’t attempt a comparison between him and Buhari” “Something worse than Odi and Zaki-Biam is on the way. Once a vibrant opposition is muzzled, the way will be clear for the dictator to bare his fangs” “I don’t support dictatorship, but on this issue of Metuh, I most respectfully submit that the man is the architect of his own destruction” “I agree with you. For being outspoken against the powers-that-be, he drew undue attention to himself” “That is not what I mean. From reports, he has a case to answer over Dasukigate.

Are you saying he should be overlooked simply because he is trying hard to outdo Lai Mohamed?” “Of course, no sinner should go unpunished; but what is sauce for the APC should also be sauce for the PDP” “How do you mean?” “Can the APC tell us how they too funded their presidential campaign? Did they or did they not touch public funds?” “You are not being realistic. A knife does not sharpen itself; neither can a mirror see itself” “Meaning?” “APC as the ruling party cannot probe itself, just as PDP when it was the ruling party never probed itself” “So you support a sectional anti-graft war?” “It has nothing to do with my support or otherwise; that is how such things work out here” “So you don’t see any reprieve coming the way of PDP?” “Unfortunately, I see none. Had it wanted any, it would have behaved differently when it was in power” “How?” “By building virile and independent institutions; had it made the EFCC truly independent when it had control, it would have been difficult for the same EFCC to be unleashed on it today” “So it is nemesis catching up with PDP” “Correct! And the same nemesis awaits the APC down the line. One day it, too, will leave office and will be called upon to give account” “That looks so much like a game of musical chairs” “I think it is worse; it is tragi-comedy of the worst order” “Then PDP is doomed with their mouthpiece now silenced” “I don’t think so. They have other options”“The Jalo of a man who stepped into Metuh’s shoes is not convincing” “He will grow on the job” “He is too conciliatory and apologetic; it’s like he is not too sure of himself” “It is more than that. If you are in the man’s shoes you, too, will cast constant glances over your shoulders” “I will not! What is worth doing at all is worth doing well. I will even outdo Metuh in my combativeness and truculence” “That will be so if you did not visit the ONSA during the arms money bazaar” “I see! It is amazing how so many PDP top shots soiled their hands in the arms fund bazaar” “Not PDP alone; military men and journalists, too. Recently, even traditional rulers have been fingered” “I will not be surprised if men of the cassocks also get a mention very soon” “That is in the nature of bazaars. It’s usually an all-comers affairs” “The only people left out of it were the poor””Unfortunately, they are the ones who bear the brunt” “Exactly! PDP or APC, the poor are the guaranteed losers” “Don’t you think PDP was foolish?

They boasted they would rule till eternity but see how they crashed like humpty-dumpty” “It is in the nature of politicians on these shores. APC is already displaying similar mentality already” “How?””They should be building institutions and not strong personalities” “But without strong men, how could they have won the elections?” “Winning elections is one thing; forming and running government in a way that will make them win future elections is another” “I see! But there are more ways than one to kill a dog. Once there is no vibrant opposition, the coast is clear for them to ride rough-shod over the polity” “It is not going to be that easy. Nature abhors vacuum. Metuh or no Metuh, PDP will still mount strong opposition to this government” “I agree. Men like Femi Fani-Kayode and Doyin Okupe, for instance.

Pardon me, I can’t remember the other one’s new name” “It does not matter. They have thrown their hats into the ring already, but let us hope they will go far” “Do you foresee the EFCC also neutralising them?” “If they, too, visited the ONSA; why not? He who comes to equity, as they say, must come with clean hands” “The problem of big men in Nigeria is that virtually all of them have skeletons in their cupboards” “What is the salary of the president? If Nigerian leaders live on their salaries, they will be some of the poorest folks on earth” “So what do they live on?” “On ONSA bazaars! There is no corner you turn in this country that you will not bump into one bazaar or another” “I see! That is why the whole place is a cesspit of corruption” “Can there, then, be anyone who is not tainted? That question has always agitated my mind” “Don’t give yourself hypertension, please; times are hard and going to India on medical tourism is not cheap” “You are right; especially with the Naira on a free fall in the market. Zimbabwe, here we come!” “Tufia! Eewo! I reject it in Jesus name!” “Amen! But the prognosis is nowhere near good; especially with the recent visit here of the IMF boss” “Come to think of it: Did she come on her own or was she invited?” “Either way, when you see vultures hovering in the sky, know that morbidity is around the corner” “We have learnt our lessons. IBB’s and Olu Falae’s SAP taught us hard lessons” “One was disgraced out of office and the other cut a pitiable sight after his ordeal in the hands of Fulani herdsmen not long ago” “The Law of Karma is weighty and inscrutable” “Karma, is he a Nigerian?” “No; were he one, the rich and powerful would have found it very easy to escape him” “Is Buhari contemplating an IMF loan?” “The big hole in his N6 trillion budgets has to be plugged anyhow” “I thought they said Okonjo-Iweala was the World Bank\IMF stooge and they have a new woman as Finance Minister?” “The elite are the same; they think and act alike” “We need men and women of the people in the corridors of power” “They are hard to come by” “Men like Awo, Ayodele Awojobi, Gani Fawehinmi, Tai Solarin, and talakawa defenders like Aminu Kano” “All the people you mentioned are dead; will they, like the biblical Lazarus or the dead dry bones, resurrect from their graves to salvage the country?” “I know there are other Nigerians cast in their mould but I cannot immediately think of any now” “I will help you; Buhari is one of such conscientious Nigerians but a tree will not make a forest” “We are back to where we began this discussion. Six months over and the situation has not improved for the man on the street” “It will take more than six months for an economy that, for decades, was consistently compromised to be repaired” “I am afraid solutions will not come easy or pretty fast” “That is usually the problem. Otto von Bismarck said it comes with sweat, blood, and tears” “That’s serious; that name does not sound Nigerian” “Correct; it is German but until we have our own Bismarck, we are not likely to make headway” “In other words, you are preaching revolution. You are going to get people frightened” “Only those who are afraid of their shadows have got to fear” “Like anyone who visited the ONSA, for instance?” “Exactly!” “What if Okupe and Fani-Kayode also visited the ONSA?” “Even if they did not visit the ONSA of Sambo Dasuki, it is likely they visited some other ONSAs” “That is serious!” “Really serious! When the books of their own ONSAs are opened, we shall see”

LAST WORD: Who, then, will rescue PDP? Governor Ayodele Fayose has been upbeat but is at the moment enjoying a well-deserved break. When he returns, the fireworks, hopefully, will resume. Governor Segun Mimiko as chairman of the PDP governors’ forum has been too gentlemanly for the kind of ‘rofo-rofo’ fight that the times demand. PDP acting (?) chairman, Uche Secondus, has been incognito; now a court order has stripped him of the pretence of office. Ahmed Gulak, who engineered the court order, is too busy in pursuit of his ambition to lift a finger in defence of the party he desperately wishes to lead. And, if I may ask, where is Jonathan, the party leader by virtue of PDP’s constitution?

tribuneonlineng.com/decapitating-the-pdp
Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by asadike(f): 11:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
Welcome back to d millitary era, welcome to 1984. welcome to the more you look . the less u see, welcome to change- a backward change

2 Likes

Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 12, 2016
h
Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by Bekwarra(m): 12:41am On Jan 12, 2016
asadike:
Welcome back to d millitary era, welcome to 1984. welcome to the more you look . the less u see, welcome to change- a backward change

Why do you think this is back to 1984?
Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by fulanimafia: 12:51am On Jan 12, 2016
Unfortunately, their hands are soiled and the only plausible protest that can be entertained is that they're completely innocent...which is highly unlikely.

Otherwise, they can play victim from now till thy kingdom come. The corrupt must pay.

1 Like

Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by APCsupporter: 12:53am On Jan 12, 2016
asadike:

I wish we were actually in the military era. People like you wouldnt have been here to say rubbish
Re: Decapitating The PDP- Bola Bolawole by asadike(f): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2016
APCsupporter:

I wish we were actually in the military era. People like you wouldnt have been here to say rubbish
You again? APC and its supporters dont take criticism well,but unà never see chomtin. Get dis straight, if my comment offends you, then Ger a rope and hang yourself.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area ( 20th January 2016) / Kogi To Immortalize Audu. / Nigerian Lady Forced Into Marriage At Young Age Cries For Help(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.