Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,141 members, 7,916,343 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

$2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP (631 Views)

$2.1b arms deal:Buhari Is Losing His Integrity - Okupe / Arms Scam: Dasuki Begs Buhari - The Sun / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

$2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by ezebunafo(m): 5:52am On Jan 12, 2016
The party said it was surprised that the former President could still be quiet on the issue despite the fact that the controversy must have attracted his attention

The Peoples Democratic Party said on Monday that it has become imperative for former President Goodluck Jonathan to speak out now on the $2.1 billion meant for the purchase of arms to fight the Boko Haram insurgency during his tenure, but which has been traced by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to the bank accounts of politicians.
The PDP, which made its position known on Monday at a press conference, also said all those who partook in the sharing of the money must be made to refund it.
The party said it was surprised that the former President could still be quiet on the issue despite the fact that the controversy must have attracted his attention.
The arms money was allegedly shared by the office of Jonathan’s former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, for the purpose of Jonathan’s bid to retain the presidential seat in 2015.
Jonathan was, however, defeated by President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress.
The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Alhaji Abdulahi Jalo, who made the position of the PDP known on the issue at a press conference in Abuja at the party’s National Secretariat, said Jonathan should tell Nigerians and the international community whether he authorised the sharing of the money meant to fight insurgency in the North East in particular and the country as a whole.
Jalo said: “As all of you know, no single kobo can be spent by the Federal Government without an act of the National Assembly.
“Money earmarked for arms purchase, some people diverted it to something else.
“So many people that you cannot even expect were involved.
“Now, darkness has come to light.
“Jonathan is alive, he should clarify whether he asked the National Security Adviser to divert money meant to fight Boko Haram into his campaign.
“I’m from the North East and I know the terrible security situation our people are facing there.
“The money was meant to fight Boko Haram and we all know that you can’t rule without peace.
“Now darkness has given way for the light.
“It was not only members of the PDP that shared the money.
“Members of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Accord Party and the Social Democratic Party, among others, also shared.
“At least, Chief Olu Falae is not a member of the PDP.
“All of them should return the money.
“Then, (former) President Jonathan must speak on it.
“He is still alive.
“Has he ever said anything like this to Dasuki: ‘Go and take from the money meant for the war against Boko Haram and share for my campaign?’
“It is time for him to speak up.”
Jalo said there was no reason for the PDP to dip its hands into the money meant for the purchase of arms as it had a fund raising dinner where it raked in over N20 billion to prosecute the 2015 general election.
He said: “We are not fools.
“Money meant for the party’s campaign was given to the chairman of our party.
“We had a dinner where billions of money was realised and this money was for the campaign.
“We said so and Nigerians were aware.
“We thank God that all those who took money used their private accounts and companies to get that.
“What has this got to do with the PDP?
“Haliru Bello did a contract with the office of Sambo Dasuki to the tune of N600 million with his company’s name, not PDP.
“In the case of Olisa Metuh (National Publicity Secretary of the PDP), his company allegedly had transactions with the Office of National Security Adviser.
“So, what is PDP’s business with that?
“We want those people that have been accused to shed more light whether they were given the money to campaign for Jonathan.
“Did they bring the money to the party’s national secretariat?
“PDP has nothing to do with individuals that used their companies to do contracts with National Security Adviser.
“Those who have been accused to have collected money from the office of the NSA should come and tell Nigerians how they used the money for the party.
“PDP has no company.
“It is not a private company.
“It is a political party.
“Was this money paid into the party account?
“No.
“So, these people are on their own.
“They know that the money was meant for the purchase of arms.
“And why didn’t they ask him in case they didn’t know: ‘Oga, where is this money coming from?’
“Because of their actions now, people are looking at every member of the PDP as criminals.
“Me, Jalo, I’m not a criminal.
“I didn’t benefit and I didn’t ask for any money and I wouldn’t have asked for any money from the office of the NSA or anywhere.”

$2.1b arms scam: Jonathan must speak up now - PDP -
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/2-1b-arms-scam-jonathan-must-speak-up-now-pdp
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by brunofarad(m): 5:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Ineresting
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by viciati(m): 5:57am On Jan 12, 2016
Oga jona!shey u dey hear.
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by oluwafemi113(m): 5:58am On Jan 12, 2016
Jonathan

Over

To

You?
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by Ahmed0336(m): 6:06am On Jan 12, 2016
I think he should address this issue once and for all.
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by Baawaa(m): 6:09am On Jan 12, 2016
The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Alhaji Abdulahi Jalo, who made the position of the PDP known on the issue at a press conference in Abuja at the party’s National Secretariat, said Jonathan should tell Nigerians and the international community whether he authorised the sharing of the money meant to fight insurgency in the North East in particular and the country as a whole.
Jalo said: “As all of you know, no single kobo can be spent by the Federal Government without an act of the National Assembly.
“Money earmarked for arms purchase, some people diverted it to something else.
“So many people that you cannot even expect were involved.
“Now, darkness has come to light.
“Jonathan is alive, he should clarify whether he asked the National Security Adviser to divert money meant to fight Boko Haram into his campaign.
“I’m from the North East and I know the terrible security situation our people are facing there.
“The money was meant to fight Boko Haram and we all know that you can’t rule without peace.
“Now darkness has given way for the light.
“It was not only members of the PDP that shared the money.
“Members of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Accord Party and the Social Democratic Party, among others, also shared.
“At least, Chief Olu Falae is not a member of the PDP.
“All of them should return the money.
As a matter of fact, Jonathan is guilty of this one,Nigerians are patiently waiting for the outcome of the whole probing
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by lordizak(m): 6:16am On Jan 12, 2016
Now, I am sure to vote PMB 2019.
What nonsense? Nigeria belongs to us all.
PDP can only convince to vote them again,
only if the come out with a nice manifesto,
they are lost of ideas.
This proves that PMB's fight against corruption
is real, be even PDP dey confess. Pls my fellow compatriots,
for once, let's throw our support behind this man.
whether you voted him or not, he does need u to succeed.
We need social justice in this country, We need to accept that
change has come. God bless the Head of State, God bless me and you, God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
#haterslearntolove.

1 Like

Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by DaBullIT(m): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Son of the soil has nothing to say

Guilty as charged
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by gentlezypher: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2016
he will
Re: $2.1b Arms Scam: Jonathan Must Speak Up Now-PDP by Mynd44: 6:40am On Jan 12, 2016

(1)

Audit Report That Set Off Probe Of Top Military Officers, Defense Contractors / Dasuki Scandal: A Thought Worth Sharing. (photos) / Britain To Help Nigeria Recover Looted Funds In British Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.