Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,697 members, 7,979,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:00 AM

The Story Behind The Hymn:then Sings My Soul... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Behind The Hymn:then Sings My Soul... (522 Views)

Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" / 'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Behind The Hymn:then Sings My Soul... by omigreat: 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
How Great Thou Art – The History of the hymn
The history of the hymn How Great Thou Art begins with Mr. Carl Gustaf Boberg (1859-1940). He was a Swedish pastor, editor, and member of the Swedish parliament. Mr. Boberg was enjoying a nice walk when a thunderstorm suddenly appeared out of no where. A severe wind began to blow. After the storm was over, Mr. Boberg looked out over the clear bay. He then heard a church bell in the distance. And the words to How Great Thou Art begin to form in his heart -- O Lord, my God, When I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy hands hath made. . . Can you imagine what Boberg felt as he formed these words? There was such calmness after the fierce storm he could only utter those words of peace. ....

Details here: http://www.naijagospelgist.com/2016/01/the-story-behind-hymnthen-sings-my-soul.html
Re: The Story Behind The Hymn:then Sings My Soul... by ehinmowo: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
I also say in concurrence, how great thou art lord

(1) (Reply)

How Should A Christian Respond To A Bad Economy? / Why Is It That When An Unmarried Man/woman Sees The unclothedness Of The... / Here's Something Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.