Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,667 members, 7,975,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 08:09 AM

Nigerian Man Forced To Live Under The Staircase In London For 24 Years Speaks Up - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Man Forced To Live Under The Staircase In London For 24 Years Speaks Up (616 Views)

Alhaji Suya In London Opened By Abdullahi Mai Kano (Photos) / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / Stainless Steel Handrails For Staircase, Balcony, Swimming Pool Side, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Forced To Live Under The Staircase In London For 24 Years Speaks Up by exlinkleads(f): 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ofonime Inuk, a Nigerian man forced to live as a house boy by his Nigerian family friends for 24 years has recounted his ordeal in the hand of his tormentors. This is so gross and unbelievable and it is a lesson for those of you who wants to travel abroad by all means even if your family in over their, doesn't guarantee you a greener pastures.

See the excepts from his interview with Daily Mail.....

‘They’d been in my life for 24 years, so I kind of felt a bit sorry for them, even though they’d treated me so badly. “I’d become almost attached to them because they’d controlled my teen and adult life. ‘I’m still angry. I will forgive them – what else can I do? – but I’ll never forget them.

“I’m not going to get my life back, it’s gone now. Twenty-four years of my life have been wasted. “I know I have a lot ahead, but I’ve missed a lot. It makes me so sad to think about those wasted years, and they just didn’t care. They were playing God with my life.”

“My role is to stay in the house … I always do everything in the house, sir … clean, cook, wash car, the gardening, ironing … or maybe like a slave. That’s called slavery.” With no official paperwork, no money and nowhere else to go, Mr Inuk said he had no choice but to stay at the Edets’ home in Perivale, West London.

“When they went to work, they’d take the keys and lock all the bedrooms. If I went out, I wouldn’t have been able to come back,” he said. “I didn’t have anywhere else to go. I didn’t want to sleep on the streets. It was very tough on my mental state. Nobody was there to help me. I even thought about suicide.”
- Read complete interview here - http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/01/the-nigerian-man-forced-to-live-under.html

cc: MissyB3 Ijebabe lalasticlala ishilove seun Obinoscopy mynd44 ijebabe airforce1 fynestboi

Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Live Under The Staircase In London For 24 Years Speaks Up by exlinkleads(f): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
omg

wink wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Man Forced To Live Under The Staircase In London For 24 Years Speaks Up by Mathematical(f): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
shocked ah.. I know this fucking edets.
Mah jeez keep mute..

(1) (Reply)

Need A Pattern Maker / School Soaks Producer Wanted / Fire Outbreak In Kano Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.