Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,326 members, 7,947,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:37 PM

Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? (1581 Views)

Blessing Agbomhere Assaulted At Benin Airport (Video, Photo) / Economic Recession In Nigeria A Blessing – Utomi / Charles Okah's Daughter Tarila To Wed, Visits Dad In Prison To Seek Blessing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by BLWeb: 5:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Trust Nigerians, we are always (or so we think) ahead of the pack when it comes to making stuff trend on social media. We tend to overdo it to the point that trends usually die in just days of its emergence. But at the same time these trends we tend to promote and publicize have been somewhat disgusting issues the society frowns at (if we were in 1980 though). When you get to see those trending topics, much of it is what describes us in a negative light, from our politics to entertainment, to education, to societal issues. What trends about Nigeria and nigerians is mostly bad news!

Thats why i'm asking this question because in my opinion majority of us are turning it to a curse (not a cause) as we trend issues with negative and downturn agenda that many of our young people don't realize it is actually hurting us. Since it's emergence in the nigerian scene, what good has social media done for us in generality? has it helped push our image in good light in every issues we trend?
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
To S.eun, it is a blessing; to Introvert, it is a curse. So the million dollar question is: are you a S.eun; or an Introvert.

1 Like

Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by IamRespected: 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
RickRichards:
To S.eun, it is a blessing; to Introvert, it is a curse. So the million dollar question is: are you a S.eun; or an Introvert.
GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by INTROVERT(f): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
RickRichards:

My friend, long time. How's life treating you?
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by BLWeb: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
I would love an intelligent and healthy debate

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
INTROVERT:

My friend, long time. How's life treating you?

Life is my pet donkey. It is giving me a piggyback ride right now sef.
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by talktimi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
Stupið question, if its a curse to then stop using social media
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by K9blunt(f): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Everything has advantages and disadvantages
Its a blessing for information and its a curse because most of us people use it for stupid reasons
Re: Is Social Media A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigeria? by BLWeb: 7:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
talktimi:
Stupið question, if its a curse to then stop using social media

I don't know why you are angered. My question is not directed to any individual, i only need intelligent arguements

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Silent, Declare Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists Now – Benue Elders To Buhari / Removal Of Fuel Subsidy In Nigeria: What You Need To Know? / FEC Okays Dangote For Lokoja-ilorin Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.