Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,886 members, 7,879,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

​why 2017 Should Be About Apga & Ensuring Willie Obiano’s Second Tenure - Agafe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ​why 2017 Should Be About Apga & Ensuring Willie Obiano’s Second Tenure - Agafe (791 Views)

The Anambra State Governorship Elections: Between Peter Obi And Willie Obiano / Aregbesola Yet To Appoint Cabinet Two Years Into Second Tenure / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

​why 2017 Should Be About Apga & Ensuring Willie Obiano’s Second Tenure - Agafe by OnyekachiDivine(m): 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2016
​WHY 2017 SHOULD BE ABOUT APGA & ENSURING WILLIE OBIANO’S SECOND TENURE, IF WE TRULY LOVE ANAMBRA STATE, say Agafe.

Tochukwu Okeyika popularly known as Agafe, is currently the president of Ihiala constituency youth movement (ICYM). In this interview with Mmuomaife Uche the Media Director Apga Ihiala-(Interactive Forum) the Ihiala born politician Agafe, took Ndi- Anambra down the memory lane on why they should support Apga and Obiano’s govt come 2017.

*Someone said that Agafe is Apga and Apga is Agafe, what does that mean & how true is that assertion.

Our people say that “madu adiro eto oweya” (one does not applaud himself) However, I think it is 100% correct for someone to say so going by my antecedent as one of the founding members of APAG in Ihiala LGA. It is on record that I joined the party as far back as 2003 exactly 12 years now, the year the party was registered by our late leader Ojukwu as one of those who believe and share in his vision for Ndi Igbo. I have remained in Apga since then, fought for Apga Govts, bleed for the sustainability of Apga dreams and projects, used my money to register many people into APGA both in my ward Uzoakwa ward3 including other wards in the council.
Just recently at the inauguration of the 20 ward executives at Odoata Ihiala by the party State executives, courtesy of the wide support I enjoyed from my people, over 400 strong men and women from the Opposition party PDP and APC deflected to Apga in Ihiala and this was witnessed by top political shots from the state & Apga State and zonal executives like the Zonal Vice-Chairman Anambra South, Chief Titus Anagbogu (Ugwumba Aguata) the Apga Ihiala LGA Chairman, Egnr. CY Obih, Dr. Mrs. Chioma Ezenyimuru, Barr. Mrs. Amaka Ilobi Hon. Commissioner of Special Duties, state party secretary and others. I have being sponsoring many projects and programs that promote our council and APGA a good example is the Apga solidarity movement which I sponsored in Ihiala LGA and my role in Her Excellency Chief Mrs. Eberechukwu Obiano’s Caring Family Enhancement initiative (CAFÉ) Ihiala Branch which am the local govt patron, the ICYM football competition going on now and many more. People are aware that I have the capacity, the zeal, will power and ability to protect, defend and represent Apga goals, dreams, programs and manifesto at any level if given the opportunity. So I think that my consistency, steadfastness and loyalty to my party Apga could be why the person said so.

*Most politician are known to often deflect to other parties in their desperation for power, are there reason(s) why you stayed put with APGA this long.

Certainly there are many reasons and let me start with saying that before the advent of Apga govt, Anambra State was governed by some political parties like PDP under Mbadinuju , Andy Ubah, NGIGE and then ACN. They ruled us like hewers of wood and drawers of waters from their father land (slaves). I saw it all then and to be honest with you, APGA as long as am concerned proved that they are not just a “Political Party” as many parties in the country strictly are. APGA if you must know is the "IDENTITY" of the Igbo man, a MOVEMENT or even in the extreme, it is “An Ideology” that ushers social and political transformation aimed at protecting, repositioning and defending the Igbo cause. APGA is the only political stage the Igbos ever had as long as Nigerian politics is concern. You will agree with me that almost all the political parties in the country are formed based on ethnic divide either as a YORUBA or HAUSA PARTY. So for me, APGA is the Igbo party.
Beyond that, APGA equally is the only solution or panacea to the political, social, environmental and developmental degradation that faced the Igbo Nation since the creation of Nigeria. A quick example to this fact is our state Anambra.

*How do you mean Sir?

Yes! If you look at the history of Anambra since it was created in August 1991. The Political, Social, Moral, Environmental and Economic breakdown that was ushered into the soul of our polity by selfish individuals and Political Parties that took the reins of Power from its Adam, and you juxtapose it with the heavy Political, Social and Economic transformation that we have on ground across the state under APGA Governments past and present, you will agree with me that APGA is truly our only hope of achieving our dreams as Ndi-Igbo, maybe I should break it down further.
You remember or must have heard that there was a time in Anambra when people in this state live in perpetual fear, sleeping with one eye close and the other open every night. There was hardly a night that passes without one ugly tale of robbery, kidnapping, high profile assassination or other form of evil. You don’t go around in the streets with a nylon bag but if you mistakenly do, you will not like the outcome. You don’t move around freely as you wish anywhere in the State let alone UPPER-IWEKA. Then if you are coming into the state whether in the day time or at night, your mind will be racing up and down because of the deadly criminals that are everywhere. These bad guys are always ready to torment and inflict pains on innocent citizens even in the presence of Police officers who most times abandon these poor market men and women to the mercy of the deadly criminals and take to their heels.
That was the period Anambra was nicknamed (HOME FOR ALL) which it truly was. I believe it is very important we remember this ugly past in our history so as to enable us Ndi-Anambra to appraise and appreciate APGA Government well even as 2017 approaches. It was in Anambra that we saw the worst of political God-fatherism, where a few individual who are not in any political office, run the State affairs from the comfort of their bed rooms. Where our Primary and Secondary Schools went on strike for almost a year as the state government then could not pay teachers their salaries because these “few individuals” milk the State treasury at will. This vicious circle from current opposition parties now, held the State to ransom for years mandating the State Governor to compulsorily pay billions of Naira into their private account on monthly bases even to the extent that a sitting Governor of this state was kidnapped by these political gladiators.
At this time in our history, the known rich people in Anambra were mainly (ndi agboro) many of them built 3 to 4 story building at Onitsha with the money they generated from parks and markets a supposed govt IGR.
Sadly, as a result of this unfortunate state of affairs, there was no single capital project let alone good roads anywhere in a state with high commercial activities. What we had rather was free for all kidnapping syndicate with heavy assassination which became the order of the day at the ferocious hands of monsters like Deri nwa mama, Chiejila, Ngirima, ise na ise, edy nna nnogu, Ofeakwu and many top criminals who destroyed Anambra State such that there was no single foreign investor in the entire State because the environment was too dirty and unfavorable for business.
It was quiet a terrible nightmare the good people of Anambra will never wish for. That we moved away from those ugly years was because APGA came on board and changed everything so that we will never have such experience anymore.
This is quite enough factor that I considered and I sincerely want our people to remember at this point in time. It is wise one look behind the veil of history in other to escape falling victim to the uncertainties of this political desperadoes, to escape repeating this ugly story again. We have tested these opposition parties and have given them opportunity to prove their capability to transform Anambra, but they woefully failed us again and again.
Today they throw up one propaganda against our Governor on social media, They say Apga Govt did this, Obiano does that.

But we want the oppositions to remember that when Ndi-Anambra gave them that opportunity, they were busy enriching their pockets, destroyed this God given state, abandoned the poor masses without social amenities, ruled us with iron hand and hardship. Even our experience in the hands of the PDP foot soldiers in the last 2015 National Assembly Election where in Ihiala they came to our council with thugs, police men and Army, shoot and killed many of our brothers and cart away with our votes. This is something that should keep us at alert about this power mongers. This alone is enough reason why we should support Apga and Obiano’s Govt. For me Apga will always be my party.

*Looking at the high voting strength in your local government viz a viz the number of political appointments given to Ihiala, do you have any worry over that?

Ehmm! I would not say that Ihiala people are worse-off in terms of political appointments because we have a commissioner and SAs, SSAs, EA. Though it does not mean we will not be Oliver Twist who said “he want some more”. We really want some more because Ihiala local government is one of, if not the biggest local government in term of population, land mass, voting strength and Apga members. We command one of the largest votes in Anambra State. If it is to create another local government, Ihiala can produce two extra Local Government adding to the existing one to make it three. So you now see we need the attention of the Government. However, it does not equally suggest that the present government don’t pay attention to us, rather we are asking for more of their presence and that will be highly appreciated.

*For quite some time now, Ihiala LGA function without a local govt Chairman, how bad has this affected the council?

Obviously, the vacuum in Ihiala Local Govt Chairmanship seat is and should be one of the things that should be taken very serious by the state govt this 2016 as those currently heading local govt across the state will be leaving office for a fresh local govt administration. The evident and disgraceful absence of a local govt Executive Chairman in Ihiala, a situation that is wrecking both on economic, social and developmental activities in Ihiala is one that posses a great threat to the State and party at large. The good people of Ihiala deserve better than what is happening in that regard, we are a strong Apga local govt that will always support this govt at all time.
We need someone who share the vision and ideology of Obiano’s Govt, someone who have being around to know what the party and our Governor want for Ndi-Ihiala.
Let me also use this avenue to appeal to our working governor to expedite every possible action to ensure that a cooking pot for chameleon is also a cooking pot for the lizard. Since other Local Govts in the state have their Mayor, Ihiala should not be left out in this. We will always stand by our party and governor come rain come shine.

*Finally, would you say that His excellency Governor Willie Obiano is living up to his campaign promises?

I think that is a vital question, unfortunately, this platform will not be enough to talk on Governor Obiano’s achievements. The evidence is there for people to see and judge by themselves. You are aware that Governor (Akpokuedike Global) is barely 2 two years in office now, but believe you me, He has achieved in this little space of time, what many past administrations could not achieve in four and eight years. The governor is a Seasoned Technocrat, a Project and People Oriented Governor unlike the normal Nigeria politician whose primary aim is always how to siphon public funds or enrich themselves. Obiano is not the “share the money” governor but a “working governor”
Go through the state, you will see the outcome of Willie Obiano’s “Agricultural Revolution” Anambra is now producing rice and other cereals capable of sustaining the entire southeastern states if not the whole nation. His government is powering well in the industrial sector as well as Trade and Commerce with new markets being constructed across the state. Everything is functioning under Obiano which have earned him this phrase on the lips of the appreciating good people of Anambra “Willie is working” and mind you, this is not just a lip service statement for me or a jingle, they are a confirmation of the reality on ground in this administration.
Anambra Civil Servant are not own a dine like many state in the country do, the schools are functioning very well, our CARGO AIRPORT is near completion, our Refinery will soon be up and running including the inflow of heavy foreign investors who are eager to do business here in Anambra. Though sometimes, mistakes are bound to happen and that is what defined our humanity “imperfection” however, these things will be corrected. Governing human is one of the tedious task man can ever handle, but the beauty of it all is that the governor is focused and has shown the zeal to bring changes.
By this time last year some of these infrastructures were not here in Anambra State but today we have them and more of them will be seen this year, you will agree with me that irrespective of your political affiliation, the truth is that Anambra State govt is making progress under Obiano. Gov Willie Obiano against all odds has really shown commitment and dedication to move Anambra State forward. Even with dwindling federal allocation in a time some states can barley pay salaries. He has managed to at least build signature infrastructures that can stand the test of time in Anambra State.
To cap it all, there is top security network in place that has drastically reduced the level of crime across the State which is the very pillars of Obiano’s administration. Toady Ndi-Anambra can make boost that they have a deserving state where lives and property are secured and from what we have on ground, 2017 should be about APGA and WILLIE OBIANO if we love Anambra State

thanks for your time, we will be looking forward for reactions to this from the public.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Tompolo / "Jonathan's Government Spent N4.5billion On Spiritual Purposes" - Lai Mohammed / Photo Of Hon. Omosede G. Igbinedion During Inspection At Owerri Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.