Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,666 members, 7,979,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Negative? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians So Negative? (730 Views)

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much / If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Beaf: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2009
Why the culture of "shout negativity loudest"? This problem to me is worse than corruption because we shout and hurl abuse at each other without trying and cooperating to address ways to sort the country out.

Yes things are bad and government is corrupt and lethargic. But how can we get changes if we are all fighting each other?

There are a lot of us in foreign lands with so much to contribute to the country in terms of science and high tech. We are doing things here that we would rather be doing at home. This thing just drives us mad.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by CyberG: 12:36am On Jun 20, 2009
Nigerians are NOT negative because they analyze and comment on issues in their country which are 99% NEGATIVE. Or, do you think by superficial coloring of NEGATIVE to POSITIVE (surface re-branding), it will suddenly become positive?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Tudor6(f): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2009
Our fathers were all chanting e go beta! E go beta! - and they're all dead
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Ndipe(m): 12:59am On Jun 20, 2009
Beaf:

Why the culture of "shout negativity loudest"? This problem to me is worse than corruption because we shout and hurl abuse at each other without trying and cooperating to address ways to sort the country out.

Yes things are bad and government is corrupt and lethargic. But how can we get changes if we are all fighting each other?

There are a lot of us in foreign lands with so much to contribute to the country in terms of science and high tech. We are doing things here that we would rather be doing at home. This thing just drives us mad.

I am Nigerian, but not negative, so dont assume that all Nigerians are negative. Even if they were, their criticism is valid, because the country has been descending downhill in each successive year.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Beaf: 1:23am On Jun 20, 2009
Ndipe:

I am Nigerian, but not negative, so dont assume that all Nigerians are negative. Even if they were, their criticism is valid, because the country has been descending downhill in each successive year.

I am not talking about criticisms, no that must continue by all means. What I am talking about is people who make statements like "we are useless" and are ready to haul abuse when challenged.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by bombay: 2:30am On Jun 20, 2009
It is in our nature.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by blackspade(m): 3:13am On Jun 20, 2009
@OP

Please provide a list of reasons why Nigerians should be positive.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Beaf: 4:28am On Jun 20, 2009
blackspade:

@OP

Please provide a list of reasons why Nigerians should be positive.

There is one and only one simple reason. We cannot develop this way.

There is a category of Nigerian that is overly aggressive. I want to state my perspective clearly:
[list]
[li]the govt is corrupt and directionless[/li]
[li]the people can change the govt by mass action or poll[/li]
[li]the people are suffering, but fighting each other[/li]
[/list]

The govt the culprit in our eyes, so why are we quick to hit each other with verbal missiles?
How can we bring change when we're always fighting. Most times when there is a discussion, all we do is keep shouting each other down, calling each other names. You will find that 90% of the time, the name caller has not applied logic or deduction. Where is change coming from? Who are we waiting for to bring these changes if not ourselves?

Or is it just that we have been so brutalised by military rule that a large percentage of people have "command mentality"?
As I said earlier; there is also a class of Nigerians who say things like "we are useless", such statements do not inspire confidence.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Beaf: 12:23am On Jun 21, 2009
bombay:

It is in our nature.

Are you saying strife and the need to impose ourselves on others with heaps of verbal abuse is genetic? Dis na anoda "gala research" o!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2009
Beaf:

Are you saying strife and the need to impose ourselves on others with heaps of verbal abuse is genetic? Dis na anoda "gala research" o!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by grafikdon: 1:08am On Jun 21, 2009
Tudór:

Our fathers were all chanting e go beta! E go beta! - and they're all dead

LMAO!!! grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Negative? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 21, 2009
Beaf:

grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

May God Bless Ribadu / Head Of Service Bans Tv In Public Offices / Can Nigeria Be Better Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.