Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

January Lethargy: Am I Alone? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / January Lethargy: Am I Alone? (722 Views)

How Am I Gonna Setup Optimized Account On Fiverr. / Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / With N20.000 Which Importation Business Am i Gonna En-back On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

January Lethargy: Am I Alone? by YoungExec: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Brethren (All Self Employed / C-Level Exectives)
It's January 14th and I am not motivated at all! The Nigerian economic outlook plus CBN one-day-one-policy is creating too much uncertainty. I know January is usually a slow month but this one is something else!

Everyday all you hear is how sleazy people who don't even know how to begin running a company get hundreds of millions of naira simply because they are in politics while honest hardworking businesses in Nigeria can't even access loans. Those that do, have to provide an arm and a leg as collateral.

All around workers are afraid of layoff. I've been to my office just twice this month and on each occasion, you see how uneasy workers are over fears of losing their jobs. As much as I don't want to, it's inevitable that we'll have to let some people go.

Fellow employers, how motivated are you this January?
Re: January Lethargy: Am I Alone? by pak: 6:05am On Feb 21, 2016
lol...my business boom period is actually early in the year and whenever budget is released.

However, if you say January is bad for the economy, I can imagine what you will be talking about now, with the wind of recession
Re: January Lethargy: Am I Alone? by Cmeo(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2016
It is not only January lethargy now, it has included February and I can see it run through March too, if something is not done now.

However, I believe business will be good this year especially for those who are experienced and follow all business and government rules. I want to believe some of our internal competitors in govt offices have been curb by BVN of a thing, so before they gather momentum again, businesses who have done proper things would have moved by having more business to do.

My own point of view though.

(1) (Reply)

9 Fastest And Most Creative Ways To Find New Customers / Free Book Of The Week: The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People / How To Multiply Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.