Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,632 members, 7,885,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: (13020 Views)

Who Is The Funniest Of These 4 Nigerian Actors? / Most Admired Actors In Nollywood.(pictures) / Funke Akindele Features Non-actors In Omo Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Aprilmay(f): 7:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
Grace Amah,i saw her 2day at Newham,she was so down to earth cool
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by meggy11: 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
i would say Desmond Elliot.met him once and he atually seems nice though you never can tell
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by tommyex(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
None of them, really.
but they can pretend if you meet them in a nice environment, like a hotel n so on. but its not so easy 2 be down to earth in mushin, agberos will really bring you down to earth smiley
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Pepeye(f): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2009
meggy 11:

i would say Desmond Elliot.met him once and he atually seems nice though you never can tell

I definitely concur with you cos I ve actually met him too and he took to me like a long lost friend
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by koolchicco: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2009
tommyex:

None of them, really.
but they can pretend if you meet them in a nice environment, like a hotel n so on. but its not so easy 2 be down to earth in mushin, agberos will really bring you down to earth smiley

Ur very funny, mate!! grin grin
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by chiogo(f): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2009
@topic, who knows?
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by mogzy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
dont care who's down to earth among those bunch of untalenteds, but i dont look 4 an escape route when i get trapped in a room with a screen on and Kenneth Okonkwo or Zack Orji is starring in the damned so called nollywood movies.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by TmeD0(m): 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2009

it's true the only way you can tell if someone (regardless if they're a celebrity or not) is down-to-earth is to have met and spent reasonable amount of time with that person.

having said that, i would have to say Joke Silva is the most down-to-earth nigerian actress (and a darn good one too) i know. 

why do i say that? not only have i met her, i've lived with her (well, not in the same room but same complex).  she's a very sincere and caring person.

mogzy:

dont care who's down to earth among those bunch of untalenteds, but i dont look 4 an escape route when i get trapped in a room with a screen on and Kenneth Okonkwo or Zack Orji is starring in the damned so called nollywood movies.

lwkmd! brosi u mean o. . . grin
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by mamagee3(f): 12:42am On Jun 23, 2009
ifedy:

Chei!! those smallies don fall ona hands  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Never understimate the power of smallies. grin grin
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by mogzy(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2009
T@meD0:

it's true the only way you can tell if someone (regardless if they're a celebrity or not) is down-to-earth is to have met and spent reasonable amount of time with that person.

having said that, i would have to say Joke Silva is the most down-to-earth nigerian actress (and a darn good one too) i know.

why do i say that? not only have i met her, i've lived with her (well, not in the same room but same complex). she's a very sincere and caring person.

lwkmd! brosi u mean o. . . grin

dont really mean to be that harsh, we 've got quite some seasoned movie professionals(artiste/producers/directors) in the past whom had been pushed aside by mediocres that infested the industry in the last 20 years and later coined the name nollywood as a result of thier shallow orientation. nollywood is bullshit.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by sley4life(m): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2009
I recommend Ebube Nwagbo, chika ike & Jim Iyke. This folks are talented and they act with passion
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by koolchicco: 11:11am On Jun 23, 2009
sley4life:

I recommend Ebube Nwagbo, chika ike & Jim Iyke. This folks are talented and they act with passion

JIM IYKE?? Well the topic says the "Most Down to Earth Actor/Actress" and not otherwise. shocked However am a bit shocked as this is the first and only comment am seeing JIM IYKE's name poping up as regards to the issue in discuss.He's probalby the last name when it comes to "Down to Earth Actor" in 9JA even in africa.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by nylawal(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
I don't really fancy Nigerian movies but there are a few of them that actually stands out. Any film directed by Tade Ogidan is never a let down, although usually long and in parts but you wont believe the suspense u r subjected to. Tunde kelani's films too r quite superb.

I believe there's light at the end of the tunnel. For instance, if wot is happening in the music industry in terms of video quality can be translated to the movie industry it will be a good thing.

A movie of parts 1,2,3 that doesn't make sense is not worth my time. Don't these nollywood guys watch foreign films. I mean I watch long series both action and drama and don't seem to get bored.

@ Topic, I have met Desmond elliot in Abuja, but cant really say if he's down to earth and pls u guys say u chat wit these nollywood guys on facebook, can u tell if its their agents at the other end? Its called PR
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by papaejima: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
@koolchicco, i really admire ur sense of honesty.why on earth should anyone mention JIM FUCKING IYKE here? no one i know have ever said that that dude is down to anything instead of down to arrogant and high-shoulder carrying.well i beg to differ from that poster.i have nothing personal against the mofucker though. lipsrsealed cry
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by koolchicco: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2009
papaejima:

@koolchicco, i really admire ur sense of honesty.why on earth should anyone mention JIM FUCKING IYKE here? no one i know have ever said that that dude is down to anything instead of down to arrogant and high-shoulder carrying.well i beg to differ from that poster.i have nothing personal against the mofucker though. lipsrsealed cry

DAALU PAPAEJIMA.KEDU KA IMERE TODAY? smiley
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Nezan(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2009
Jim Iyke is definately not on the list of down-to-earth actors as far as I am concerned.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by itumama: 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
i go stella damascus.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by itumama: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2009
i go stella damascus.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by chacha215(f): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2009
what is nollywood? lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by papaejima: 10:32pm On Jun 24, 2009
KOOLCHICCO NWANNEMADU,UDO NA ACHI.EKELEKWAAMGI.it will be fun to chat with UBURU ISI DI NDU DI KA NKE GI.
C YA.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Wellas14(m): 12:14am On Jun 25, 2009
It is without dispute, KATE HENSHAW NUTTALL.

Concerning the name 'NOLLYWOOD', i cant actually remember the details but i heard it in a film festival in abuja that the name came from a foreign journalist who wrote a writeup on our Nigerian Movie Industry. He tried to find a compound name with which he could describe our industry so he coined the word NOLLY'WOOD' which has been adopted since then. Funny enough most nigerian filmmakers dont like the name. It makes us loose our identity.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by SupperSam(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2009
What disturbs someone like me most is the fact that the types of you people only gain their fame from criticism and nothing more than that. Not even God does things accurately to escape your destructive tongue lashing. You've got to watch it guys, lest you criticise your luck out of the rack!
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by seeklove: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2009
I noticed that many Nigerians do not know what the expression "down to earth" means. The expression "down to earth" has nothing to do with being humble or proud.

To be "down to earth" simply means to be realistic and practical. A proud person can still be down to earth.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by koolchicco: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2009
seeklove:

I noticed that many Nigerians do not know what the expression "down to earth" means. The expression "down to earth" has nothing to do with being humble or proud.

To be "down to earth" simply means to be realistic and practical. A proud person can still be down to earth.

Hey Dude,i think u ve been checking out Wikipedia meanings a bit too much!! tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by seeklove: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2009
koolchicco:

Hey Dude,i think u ve been checking out Wikipedia meanings a bit too much!! tongue lipsrsealed

Hey Dude. Its not wikipedia meaning. It is the meaning of the expression "down to earth." Check out your dictionary. The meaning was well know before wikipedia came into existence. It has nothing to do with humility or pride.
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by poweredcom(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
None i am not a Nollywood freak or fan, they should come and be my fan
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Nakele(f): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2010
and why would the poster forget stephanie okereke and dakore
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by Bestglo(f): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ topic, Kate Henshaw & Shan George are the only ones i can remember for now

them no dey form
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by stevio(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lol
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by stevio(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lol
itumama: i go stella damascus.
yea,i go stella damascus too
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by JikoSnazzy(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
MrCrackles: What is Nollywood
nollywood na your mama nyash! wink
Re: Who Is The Most Down To Earth Actress/actors In Nollywood: by lipstick1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
RITA DOMINIC[b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cardi B Visits Lagos Strip Club, Sprays Crispy N200 Notes On Dancers (video) / Falz Giving Out N1 Million To Support Any Creative Idea (Video) / Oritsefemi Reveals Father Got Him Arrested By Police To Discourage Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.