Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,406 members, 7,947,692 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive (1335 Views)

Meet The Oldest Woman In Obio Akpor, LGA Rivers State. She Is 134 Years (Photos) / Why Mark Zuckerberg Is The Most Powerful Person Alive Today / What Is The Oldest Item You Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Metropilla: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Meet Mama Esifiho, an Isoko woman from Delta State in Nigeria. She is almosttwo centuries old (191) and precisely lives in Ellu (Edhemoko, Akaluba Street). It is a fact that many old people in Africa who are not even as old as Mama Esifiho, have no knowledge of their birth records, thus the difficulty in estimating their ages with historical events, things and persons that existed at the time.

However, it is from a reliable source that Mama Esifiho as a matter of fact is acknowledged as the oldest person in Ellu community, which is inhabited by about 10,000 people.

Ellu was founded in the 18th century, so in other words, by simple arithmetic, Mama Esifiho is about as old as the community itself.

According to Mama Esifiho's great-great-grandson, Mr. Avuefeyen, she witnessed the birth of his grandfather.
http://www.metropillar.com/2016/01/meet-nigerian-woman-191-yrs-who-is.html

Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
are u kidding me? i'm hearing that for the first. she should probably contest for guinness world records.
Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Meeloreh(f): 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Let then check well, Metuselah was a great grand uncle
Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Meeloreh(f): 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Let them check well, Metuselah was a great grand uncle
Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Yeyegist(f): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
I know Ellu, it is closer to Ozoro town and Ighelogbo..It a very small town. It might be difficult for her to enter Guinness book of record cos the her proximity.

Cc: seun lalasticlala mynd44 ishilove ijebabe
Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by charriot: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2016
shocked
Re: Photo: The Nigerian Woman (191 Yrs) Whois Rumoured To Be The Oldest Person Alive by Jabioro: 7:21am On Jan 15, 2016
I know on Africa we the oldest people not that indomine generation presented to world in Brazil as Guinness record.. Ok Let do it country by country..

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Hurray!!! 30,000 Total Likes On Nairaland-richidinho / Nigerian Actor, Jim Iyke And Aisha Yesufu Arrives Abuja To Join Protest / Please Vote Me Mr Leboku 2017 Thanks & God Bless You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.