Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,605 members, 7,888,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:46 PM

Should I Insist On Marrying Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Insist On Marrying Her? (775 Views)

Should I Still Keep Faith In Marrying Her? / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / I'm Older Than He is , But He Is Hell Bent On Marrying Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by obainoj: 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2009
There's this chic who happened to be my younger sister's friend,way back in 2002 i started making some passes to her but she bluntly declined.After my NYSC in 2007,i got a job, the chic started showing some interest gradually.I once again wooed her and she accepted me,we've dated for close to 1yr now with plans of getting married in future.But the problem now is that my mum and all my siblings (including my younger sister who is her friend) dislike de idea.Am now on my own, pls house should i ignore them and marry her afterwards?
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2009
What are their reasons for not liking the idea?
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by segzicres(m): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2009
bros, you you're a man so get with it if you really a man.
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by TheSeeker(m): 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
ibkaye:

What are their reasons for not liking the idea?

His family aren't entitled to dislike her for any reason because they don't know a thing about her unless her friend tells them. But then from what the poster has said, I think they don't have a cogent reason they dislike the idea, it's just one of our wild beliefs here that older siblings shouldn't have a relationship with their younger siblings' friends. Their assertion is pathetic.

@Poster

Do whatever you want man. If you love her so much and she loves you too, go ahead and marry her. Anyways, who consult families before they marry these days. Don't make no sense. Get on with your life and marry her if you so damn wish. If they don't want to come to your wedding, you both take a friend with each of you and go to a court of law and have a legal wedding, that will shut everyone up.
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by sparta(f): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2009
ibkaye is right, what are their reasons?
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by izeek(m): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2009
if u she is a good friends of ur sister, and ur same sister is opposing the idea,
then i think ur sister knows things about her friend she can't tell u which makes her a no wife material.
if i were u, i wud thread gently.
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by biola44: 11:30am On Jun 22, 2009
u need 2 be asking ur sister some questions,
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by nwajohn(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2009
i think i agree with Biola44, your sister have to tell you the reason she don't want you to marry her because she may be the one who spoilt the mind of your family members.

However her reason may be good and at the same time bad. Good in the sense that their may be some of her characters that your sister know you may not like. Bad in the sense that it may be that she once had a quarrel with her and she don't want you to marry her.
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by mamag3: 1:14am On Jul 31, 2009
Maybe
Re: Should I Insist On Marrying Her? by hermosa(f): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2010
dude, wat we all wanna know is y don't they want u to marry her?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her How Much I Love Her? / Place Of Oath Swearing In Relationship. / Im Confussed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.