Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,674 members, 7,951,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children (921 Views)

Lady Who Sold Noodles & Egg To Sponsor Herself Through University. PICS / Graduate Sold Akamu To Sponsor Herself In University (pic / WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by thefunclubenterprise(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
(I hope this is in the right section, if not mods pls pardon me and move it).

Good afternoon everyone, I hope this meets you all well, I will start by making a quick introduction.
My name is Airemen Solomon, I'm a Nigerian, an enthusiastic entrepreneur, and I have founded quite a few start ups and still working on many. One of which is TEEKTOK WATCHES NG, It's basic operations are nationwide wrist watch sales, repair, assembly and in the nearest feature local production. We have been operational for quite some time now, actually since 2013 under the name THE FUNCLUB ENTERPRISE, but it was rebranded to TEEKTOK WATCHES NG in January 2015 when more funds was pumped into the business.
We operate using the website www.teektok.com and own a verified bbm channel with over 13000 subscribers. We operate physically from Lagos state.

Now to my main purpose for creating this thread, aside being an entrepreneur, I'm one of the few Nigerian youths who still work/earn legally and have a passion for charity work. I have been pondering on ways to make an impact in my society even before I became a profit earner. I do not believe nation building is a responsibility for only the government.

I drafted a plan to take up the academic responsibility of a poor Nigerian child, but after careful review of my business cash flow for 2015, I realised we could do more. I decided to up the figure to 6 children. My initial plan is to select a kid from each geo political zone of the country. This will ensure the plan does not favour any tribe or section of the country and ensure an even distribution of the project across the country.

I want kids from poor backgrounds, preferably from ages 5-10, children still in primary school, who for financial reasons or due to poor access to education, aren't in school. Or those who haven't been to school at all but are willing to be educated.
The benefit of this program is to pick up the responsibility of these children's tuition fees if they are already in good schools, if not they will be transferred to another school considered good.
I and my business might never even meet the kid physically, we will just always send down the tuition fee as at when due through appropriate channels (either charity organisations or through their parents). This I intend to do till the children become university graduates by God's grace.
I intend allocating 10% from all sales made in the business for this purpose, so far I have done all financial calculations and results shows the business can sustain up to 6 children for now (I used an average school fees of N15,000 per term). If the business continues to grow I will add new children to the scheme every year.

I intend to start with three of these beautiful children first and within a month put in the remaining three children into the scheme. I will choose what zones to start with by the order I get a child considered as satisfactory to be enlisted in the scheme. Luckily I have already gotten a child in south south by the help of a charity organisation called CREATION CARE. So this leaves me with 5 more to go. I hope to have the first three in school before the month runs out so I really need to hasten up with the process of getting to the right children.

WHAT I WANT FROM NAIRALAND AND THE PUBLIC?

1. Firstly I need advise from members of this intellectual forum, if there is something I am missing and if there is a better way to go about this project/scheme which I haven't mentioned. Are there legal issues with such projects I should know about? ETC, Do you have opinions? Drop them as comments.

2. I will need help getting to these kids, I don't want to use just any means so as not to fall into the hands of fraudulent organisations, or fraudulent people who might bring forth ghost kids. I want the purpose for which this scheme is set up, to be fulfilled.
I want recommendation of charity organisations from different geo political zones of the country, who can at least bring a kid each. I don't want my business to deal with these kids directly (is this a good idea or not?). Also if you know any child that you feel can benefit from this project, I will want to hear from you (although I feel there will be too many entries, hence I said I will prefer using charity organisations at first).

3. Lastly to motivate other start ups and profiting businesses to take this step as it will save our country a great deal, each business ought to have Coperate social responsibilities. No matter how little you can do for the society, it will go a long way in helping if these little acts of kindness are accumulated.

I will like to use this medium to state that this project is not being taken up out of abundance of financial resources or a lack of what to spend profits on, but out of pure passion and a strong pain felt for the kids roaming the streets dialy due to poor governance. I will like if only matured and reasonable replies and contributions are given here as it will help to make the project a successful one and hence you would have also contributed.

Above all i will also like to appreciate nairaland.com, as this business which is about impacting positively in the life of Nigerians started from here!

I will be using the harsh tag #Educated4life for this project and that also doubles as the name of the project. That is, TEEKTOK EDUCATED4LIFE PROJECT.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NAIRALAND
GOD BLESS THE KIDS
GOD BLESS TEEKTOK WATCHES
#Educated4life

www.teektok.com
airemen.solomon @ teektok.com

Please mods I will appreciate if this gets to the front page so as to get good results and also to motivate other businesses to take a cue.

CC: lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by thefunclubenterprise(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2016
X
Re: TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by whitemosquito(f): 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
Brb. I'm interested.
Re: TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by gtswt(f): 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
Must commend u greatly for this.. God bless you. Will get back to u on suggestions.
Re: TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by thefunclubenterprise(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2016
we now have 2 kids on this project, from one charity organisation. looking for 4 more
Re: TEEKTOK WATCHES NG Wants To Sponsor The Entire Education Of 6 Poor Children by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2016
Will appreciate suggestions on how to get beneficiaries from the north.

(1) (Reply)

The State Of Power Supply In The University And Our Concerns / Which University Has The Highest Womanizers / Gre Registration In Port Harcourt; Free Study Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.