Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,366 members, 7,943,892 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Epistle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Epistle (688 Views)

The Epistle Of A Sojourner (episode 7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Epistle by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 16, 2016
I hope you’d read this but I know you would not. Your excuse would be “I’m too busy to read it” but it’s a lie, you’re just too lazy. A white man once said “If you intend to keep a secret from the black man, write it in a book and seal it. A black man considers it a burden to read.”

Yet regardless, I, a black man, would take pains to write this for men of all colours for I’d rather speak than forbear.

A young lad once asked me, “Why do I have so many enemies?”

With my eyeballs rolling around in its socket, I thought to answers his question with more questions; like, am I a seer? Or a stargazer? Did I create the earth and its many woes? Okay, why is the sky blue? Why were we born just to die?
I could have answered him with more confusing questions but he would not understand, so I decided to pass this epistle to him.

An orange tree in a farm brings forth no fruit; will the young lads throw stones at it? Or will they climb it seeking for oranges? Its leaves will be the greenest of all trees in the farm. It will not be troubled; it will be left in peace until it is hewn down. The well that hath no water is never disturbed. A cattle will not graze on weed, it will look for good green plants to graze on. A lion will never hunt for a dead deer. It is useless, it is dead. An eagle will never hunt for flies. It is worthless. If an animal is neither eatable nor sellable, a hunter will never hunt for it. Streams without waters will have no visitors. Have you ever seen a fisherman hunting in a fishless river? If gold was worthless, no one will dig that deep to search for it. Hast thou not read about countless stories of treasure hunts from the days of old?

Again I looked at him and said, “You are a fish in the river, docking the hook and net of a fisherman. You are an antelope running away from the hunter. You are a deer escaping a lion and this is why you have enemies. A man without foes is a man without qualities. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) in the Quran, had enemies. Jesus Christ had many enemies, so what are your complaints?

Here is your wisdom, O son of man, king Solomon said, “The adulteress will hunt for the precious life.” Why will she hunt for the precious life? Why not the useless life? A thief will hunt for a man because of his wealth. O son of man; I hope you understand my epistle, if you do, it’s your gain, if you don’t, keep reading, you'll understand maybe now, maybe later.
He that has ears, what I say let him hear...

(1) (Reply)

Several Reading Positions For Several Genres (photos Included). / Prey Book Series / What If (i Told You)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.