Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,398 members, 7,937,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 05:07 PM

In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience (1013 Views)

See The Animal Soldiers Killed In Sambisa Forest & What They Did With It(photos) / Fani-Kayode Writes On The ''Killing Of 105 Soldiers By Boko Haram'' / Dead Body Of 105 Soldiers Killed By Bh Today, For The Lien, Burutai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by Chykeboss(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2016
ARM FORCE DAY
Gboooom!!
This was the sound of motals and other type of
improvised explosives, we heard the cries of men,
sons, fathers and brothers from afar, i know death
was lurking around.
Our vehicle came to an hault and we give covers to
few others in order to render first aid to the injured
and evacuate the dead.
Before we could make a blink, there was an heavy
gun fire from afar, the pressure was much on us
but we had made a last minute decision-just shot
till either you are killed or run out of bullets, our
commander ordered.
Yes, we have been ambushed.
Incoming! Incoming!!
Kill them! Kill them!!
This were the cry of sons of men facing terror, they
have been shot to die, but they keep screaming,
alerting other soldiers about the incoming baggers
who keep screaming 'Allah Akbar' to that god of 99
virgins.
They keep advancing on feet in their hundreds and
few others on their motorised weaponry, we keep
firing and taking cover like our life depend on how
harder we press the trigger. The gunFire was too
heavy to an extent we were pushed deep backward
into our base.
The sound of riffles and blast, start echoeing like
ringtones, who would dare pick this call of death?
Re-inforcement was radioed for, the airforce jet
couldn't fly that night due to technical issues and
poor vision, death toll keep rising on both side. We
keep fighting this dare-devils and running out of
ammonition.
Kpakam! ....it finaly happened, i have run out of
ammonition and i lie there praying my last, what
about my mum, oh God?
Allah akbah...!! I heard this from a fellow behind me
and i look backward, he was pointing his AK49 riffle
against my small head, ready to blast it into pieces.
Arrrrgh, Kabir dnt fire, its me your Regus, i
screamed.
But he fell down to his face to his 99 virgins,
Another soldier shot him before he could shoot at 5
of us who were already confused.
Take Cover! Take Cover!! that was the voice of
Corporal Daniel, he was eventually shot dead why
giving us guide and cover.
Corporal Daniel was to do his marriage in a month
time but he died before he could say 'i do' to his
long time gurlfriend, he died saving me and my
colleagues, he died a hero.
Now the battle was intensified and we had depend
on just one military tank as our strenght for mass
gun duel against this rebels, the tank kill in mass
and we keep pushing them backward.
But just the tank stopped, their was
confusion among the sons of men, the tank
commander keep issueing out commands but to no
avail. The tank that is popularly called Machine Gun
has abruptly stop, thereby putting us in more
danger cos our base may be overriden and taken
over by terrorist.
There was coax everywhere and more men were
dropping dead, the tank - our strenght is down.
The tank commander was killed therein, my
namesake and a regus 'Bernard Dauda' could not
make it out of the tank, he was to marry mid 2016.
(I never knew his gurlfriend was in my list until late
December 2015)
May His Soul Rest In Peace
# 105Soldiers
Davidson was also killed, he was his aged parent's
only Child.
Corporal Sanni could not make it, his wife die a
forthnight ago during her first baby delivering.
Sergent Obinna body could not be recover after a
blast from landmine.
Sergent Adekunle (the eagle) also was killed.
Corporal Emeka neck was slight by this rebels, he
died a hero.
Many others died.
They died to make you live
They face terror to give you peace.
They trade their life for your safety.
They abadon their family for your unity.
They stay awake at night so that you can sleep.
They willfully laid their life for our dear country.
They are the heroes of our time.
Rest In Peace to all dead soldiers who died in one
way or the other in the cause of active duty.
RIP to all those civilians affected.
May God continue to guide other soldiers who are
still in the RedZone area, they shall live to tell their story.

Cc; lalasticlala

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by tayebest(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2016
Mtcheeew..

1 Like

Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by humanbeing6th(f): 7:47am On Jan 16, 2016
tayebest:
Mtcheeew..
. BY merely not marginalizing ur brain from other part of ur body, ur hand would have been able to atleast write a sympaty word for d falling heroes instead of show ur stupidity here

1 Like

Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by brightology3: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2016
My hrt sinks deep as i was glancing tru. I really felt so bad n i quickly ve a flashback to an america movie i watched,tittled "we were soldiers"

may d gd lord gv d affected family fortitude to bear d loss and provide 4 d family dey left behind. My hrt pours 4 u all.

And to all yelobar media houses and d army chiefs up to bubu dat surpresses d news u shall surely meet ur doom's day here on earth,jst d way our brave n gallant soldiers lost dia life. Am very sad rite nw.

2 Likes

Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by jopretty(f): 7:51am On Jan 16, 2016
And after reading and imagining the agony and pain faced by the relatives of these fallen heroes and also those whose homes have been rendered useless and lost, one can only ask that those involved in the sharing of that arms deal be sentenced to death. The soldier that died a month to his wedding was supposed to get married at the Ecwa chrch in my street. May their souls rest in peace. #Godblessoursoldiers

1 Like

Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by Gbade60: 7:58am On Jan 16, 2016
So sad nd touching.... Out of ammunition nd yet no backup? #9jawhichwayforward...
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by Chykeboss(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2016
tayebest:
Mtcheeew..
I wouldn't blame u sir, writing Dis from d comfort of your zone..remember someone somewhere is laying his life down to buy u peace
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by brightology3: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2016
I dn't kn wat 2 tell u at all bt d only tin i ve 2 say rite nw remember nobody kns 2mao.
tayebest:
Mtcheeew..
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by mysteriousman(m): 8:08am On Jan 16, 2016
Such a sad experience, may God protect us all
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by brightology3: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2016
May it neva be well with any individual n group of persons dat cats away with d armies welfare,dey shall die pre-maturely,who so eva dat kns d source of dia money n still decides 2 share 4rm it shall kn no peace in his/her entire life

#crying#
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by malton: 8:59am On Jan 16, 2016
I lost an uncle to that very attack. Wonder why the army denied any such incident for as long as they did. Never again...never take those pot bellied men seriously. Most of them are jobbers where dignity should reside.
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by scofieldsimba(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2016
" We don't go to war for the love of it, but we go to war to protect our loved ones..

Too that gallant unknown soldier, continue to sleep on..

We shall overcome..
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by Ikennablue(m): 9:12am On Jan 16, 2016
my eyes are moist....may God be with our army, may God strengthen them, may God crush this BH terrorist. Any body that is denying this gallant guys even the last kobo allocated to them shall know no peace.......Amen!
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by DonBobes(m): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2016
humanbeing6th:
.. BY merely not marginalizing ur brain from other part of ur body, ur hand would have been able to atleast write a sympaty word for d falling heroes instead of show ur stupidity here

U wuld hv left him wit his stoopidity.
U knw its nt all men u see on d street dt r sane som here on NL r mad too jst dt dey hv nt bn medicaly proving to be mad.
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by DonBobes(m): 9:23am On Jan 16, 2016
Chykeboss:

I wouldn't blame u sir, writing Dis from d comfort of your zone..remember someone somewhere is laying his life down to buy u peace

Na small pikin u de call sir.
See him pix nw. Small boy na y him no get sense b dt nw. Him suppose de help him mama de do chores for house!
Re: In Memory Of 105 Soldiers Killed, A Soldier Experience by asadike(f): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2016
Rip dead soldiers. I cant stop crying, i am shocked to d marrows. Call me selfish, but today, i refuse to let igbo soldiers die for a cause they know nothing about. We have so many boko sympathisers in d north and i refuse to let my brothers die unjustly. ndi igbo mara nu ife. resign now. so many northerners believe in jihad, they keep poping out more and more almajiris, many dont allow their kids to go to sch. Truth be told, northern oligarchy are d sponsors of boko haram, why should we live in d same country with dis people? ndi igbo mara nu ife. When ihejirika was coas, they called for his head, they sue him to d icc, they say he is yanmiri. My conclusion, let d northerners fight their own battle, they are d cause, they should put a stop to it. Enough is enough.

(1) (Reply)

Gamji Uban ‘yan Boko / 2016 Budget Not Perfect, We Welcome Criticisms, Presidency Tells Nigerians / Mrs Aisha Buhari Unveils NLNG Tanker In South Korea - PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.