Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,002 members, 7,909,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:16 AM

Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background (428 Views)

She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos / Nigerian Girl Takes A Selfie With A Love Machine At The Background (Photos) / Rare Photo Of A Monkey, Trying To Mate With A Deer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background by RoyalBlak007: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2016
I came from a family and a culture that stressed education, career, and bringing home a mate with similar values. Some people tell me that I shouldn't care about these things,but my relationships with Women that had a much lower ambition and had no sense of where their career was going didn't turn out well. When it comes to starting a family, isn't it more reasonable to marry someone that has his/her finances in check? I'm not asking for a millionaire or someone that has to make more than me, but I think it's best to find someone that's at least similar to you. What do you think? Have you seen a female medical doctor that's married to someone that works at a department store? Yes, love conquers all. One thing that turns me on tremendously is being able to learn from someone and look up to them/respect them.
Matured comments please
Re: Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background by secretbae: 10:52am On Jan 16, 2016
hmmm. I dont think it's wrong. But like you said love conquers all.

Meanwhile......

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2016
I can't imagine marrying someone outside my career and academic background of science.

i especially loath commercial students.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Want A Mate With A Similar Job/education Background by obiorathesubtle: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2016
No.. It's not wrong

I too can't date/marry anyone without an impressively ambitious mind, a substantial educational background(preferably in science because I feel art students are intellectually inferior), and also someone who has her finances in check just as you mentioned.. If we take these things and make a survey of some sort/envisage what the outcome might be, We'll come to appreciate the future it adds up to.

But when we associate with otherwise, an inferior, below relative standard, and whatnot.. Our lives will just revolve about a pathetic point.. Advancement is important.. You can agree with me that it takes iron to sharpen iron.. Diamond to cut diamond and whatever....

(1) (Reply)

Book For This Romantic And Sexy Space.. / I Cant Sleep / Should Men Wear Engagement Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.